Page 101 of 150 FirstFirst ... 5176919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111126 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2993

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Use a different mirror from this link Where to download Stainless Steel
    tried bittorrent last night got 68% then an error am i just unluycky or what ! Just want to play this mod is it too much to ask

Signature made by Joar

Once you think about it, do you think that England's heavy troops could be a bit more polished?

The looks kind of armor looks a little pale. But heck, why are you listening to someone who doesn't have the mod!
    When people ask me "plz", it is short for "please". When I say no, it is short for "yes".

I will dominate the world and terminate all Humans on 12/12/12 if they do not sign my yearbook!

Is it recomended to install the Kingdoms 1.5 patch? (or some say it's 1.05)

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    Is it recomended to install the Kingdoms 1.5 patch? (or some say it's 1.05)
    You can, but it doesn't really change anything that affects SS. I'm still on 1.03

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

@ Caesar Clivus - Thank you.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Finally installed it .crashed when i selected custom battle ! is that happening alot or just mine ?PS when you install 6.1 does it tell that when you load or does it stay 6.0? thanks anyone

Signature made by Joar

@ constantius oh good. Someone else is having the same problem. I can get into the grand campaign but it crashes every time I enter a battle or do a custom battle. Anyone have any ideas?

PS, yes it will tell you 6.1 as its loading.

The game CTD when I try to start a late era campaign :/
    lol

I've not had your error(s) but maybe it would help if you patched up to 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by seregras View Post
    @ constantius oh good. Someone else is having the same problem. I can get into the grand campaign but it crashes every time I enter a battle or do a custom battle. Anyone have any ideas?

PS, yes it will tell you 6.1 as its loading.
    Did you install (i.e. manually click on) both SS6.0 part 1 and part 2 and then 6.1?

If so, then reinstall all 3 files again over the top of your current SS installation (without uninstalling first). Sometimes the installer misses files in big installations like this.

hmm okay, i will try it CC. Thanks!

I've not had your error(s) but maybe it would help if you patched up to 6.2
    I have not tried that, but will do right away. I suddenly had a strong urge to play as the Teutonic order
    Edit : No, it didnt work :/
    Last edited by Haakon; June 26, 2009 at 07:38 AM.
    lol

I love the mod great work just one thing tho "sami axemen" is an incredibly inacurate and unhistorical unit. The sami people lived isolated to the far north of norway and had very little contact with vikings,
    (even today that region is best accesable by plane or sea.) And the only contact they got was to be raided and enslaved in the early era then wisited by misionarys in the later era.
    They where a nomadic tribe socity that lived very mutch like inuits, they where huntes and kept raindeer.
    They never had anything resembeling a warrior class, knifes and bows was their weaponds not axes or swords.

Quote Originally Posted by vivv Kraken View Post
    I love the mod great work just one thing tho "sami axemen" is an incredibly inacurate and unhistorical unit. The sami people lived isolated to the far north of norway and had very little contact with vikings
    Not true. There were trade between the peoples. And todays Finnmark and Lappland paid tribute to the kings of Norway.

That being said, I still cant run the late era campaign
    lol

After the awesome experience of Third Age Total War I decided to follow the genius of Kong to Stainless Steel. My issue is that as soon as I select the shortcut and the drop down to Stainless Steel i get "has suffered a fatal error" pop up and nothing happens. I just installed it a few minutes ago. I have my Total War games via Steam and I know there were initial hiccups with getting TATW to start due to that set up. Is there a folder I need to rename or some option I need to select that I've missed?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Grenadier View Post
    After the awesome experience of Third Age Total War I decided to follow the genius of Kong to Stainless Steel. My issue is that as soon as I select the shortcut and the drop down to Stainless Steel i get "has suffered a fatal error" pop up and nothing happens. I just installed it a few minutes ago. I have my Total War games via Steam and I know there were initial hiccups with getting TATW to start due to that set up. Is there a folder I need to rename or some option I need to select that I've missed?

Thanks.
    There is some threads in the SS forum about getting it to work with Steam. Do a search and you'll find them.

Hello, never tried a mod for MTW2 and saw yours so would like to try it. I downloaded part 1 and 2 and 6.1 patch. But when I click the part 1 .exe it tells me I need to put in the disk for part2 before I can use part 1? Do I need to extract the .exe into the sega MTW2 folder first before I run the .exe?

If you used the rapidshare mirror be sure to download all files and put all files in one folder before starting to extract and install
    Stainless_Steel_6.0_Pt1of2.part1.rar to Stainless_Steel_6.0_Pt1of2.part5.rar
    gives you the first installer for Stainless Steel named Stainless_Steel_6.0_Pt1of2.exe
    Use this to install the first part of SS, you can then delete the Stainless_Steel_6.0_Pt1of2-RAR-Files.

Stainless_Steel_6.0_Pt2of2.part1.rar to Stainless_Steel_6.0_Pt2of2.part3.rar
    gives you the final part of the main installer for Stainless Steel named Stainless_Steel_6.0_Pt2of2.exe
    Use this to install the last part of SS 6.0, you can then delete the Stainless_Steel_6.0_Pt2of2-RAR-Files.

Following that apply Stainless_Steel_6.1_Patch.exe and you are finished with your main fork SS6.1 install and hopefully ready to go.
    If you used another mirror please redownload the file that gives you problems from a different mirror

Presumably this mod only works with 'Kingdoms' and not with M2TW?