Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT: This mod is dead!

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: This mod is dead!

If you want to help, I would very much welcome it, but plenty of people have come here in the past offering their help only to disappear soon after. If you truly want to help, start by recording a few samples of yourself yelling the Turkish translations of some of the lines in this document. There are Arabic translations in there too, don't mind them. That document is about 20% of the material that needs to be translated, just so you know the amount of work that would be needed for a full Turkish voice pack.
    Last edited by Beiss; March 08, 2010 at 03:49 AM.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

I can help with arabic , but it will take a time to record all of these

Indeed it will.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

how can i record my voice ? my microphone isnt working

Without a mic, you can't.

Campidoctor

Isn't this pretty much what happens to 90% of mods? So many 'pie in the sky' mods that will never take off, and people going bonkers on forums and huzzah, "Yes we can" .. and then .. "This mod is dead - because nobody actually wanted to do any work"

Not taunting you, mind. It was a great idea that deserved to have worked out.
    Last edited by SirRobin; September 01, 2010 at 02:01 PM.
    The game development business is one of bottomless greed, pitiless cruelty, venal treachery, rampant competition, low politics and boundless personal ambition. New game series are rising, and others are starting their long slide into obscurity and defeat.

Can somebody help me out with this mod ? i installed the 8 packs from version 1e on a stainless steel 6.3 . i got ctd almost each siege battle can u help me out?

i need data txt files for stainless steel 6.3 please
    or any way to assure a complete compatibility with ss6.3

my msn and email
    jonathanfrenchie24@hotmail.com

thx for your time

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Isn't this pretty much what happens to 90% of mods? So many 'pie in the sky' mods that will never take off, and people going bonkers on forums and huzzah, "Yes we can" .. and then .. "This mod is dead - because nobody actually wanted to do any work"

Not taunting you, mind. It was a great idea that deserved to have worked out.
    Sadly, yes. Think of everything the internet community could have accomplished if less effort had been put into things that never happened. I was aware from the very start I wasn't going to be able to pull this off on my own though. Most hobby projects related to games die because the person starting it has no knowledge of programming - this wasn't the issue here, however.

NeCacaluXuxultic's Avatar Libertus

I got a friend who speaks Nahuatl WITH the Tenochtitlan accent. He even has the deep voice. The PROBLEM is that he speaks CONTEMPORARY Nahuatl... he does know CLASSICAL Nahuatl (which is the dialect used by the people of Tenochtitlan) but I don't know if he knows a LITTLE bit of it or a lot of it. I speak Nahuatl too but not the Mexica dialect . OH and for Mayans you need people who speak the YUCATEC dialect...there are over 32 dialects in Maya.

Thanks, but I'm not interested anymore. If you already have a full set of recordings, I'd be happy to include them into Xenophonia, but I'm not looking for voice actors anymore.

Beiss, don't dispair. These things happen. MTW2 is not dead, is more alive than ever. After playing +1000h with ETW, I have turned to MTW2 mods because they add a different dimension and a much better appeal than any other TW vanilla game. For example, I am playing Eras Conquest constantly, with the whole world map, and believe me, every game is a completely different awesome experience. I have even played as the Papacy, defeating the Spanish King in Milan, who still had no heir, and the whole Spanish Empire collapsed (went to rebel factions), so all factions (very hard mode) after years started colonizing America, including Asian. So history is rewritten every time.

I can help you very well with any dramatic voices or any voices that you need in perfect Spanish, Portuguese and Aragonese/Catalan; and quite well with Italian, French and German/Prusian. If you dare to finish what one day you started with so much passion, I am here; I have the time and the willingness. We'll create something great and once we release it I am sure a lot of more people from all the other cultures will help us. Think about it.

C'mon, let's do it.

I have to say, I'm impressed with how many languages you seem to master.

However, there is no need to re-record voices in modern-day Spanish, Italian, French or German as the localized versions of the game already come with good recordings for these languages. I would be interested in Portuguese though. We'd need probably around 5 people for it (at least) and they'd need to be recorded with decent equipment. Perhaps if you could finish voices for one of the classes (Heavy units, for example), we could attract enough people to help with the rest.

As for medieval versions of languages, I'm no longer interested as it would be too much of an undertaking.

I don't believe there are even translations for Portuguese yet. Maybe you could start there. There wasn't a Portuguese localization of the game, I don't think - otherwise many of the translations should already be available in some subtitles file.
    Last edited by Beiss; August 09, 2012 at 06:44 AM.

Well, in my opinion the original versions doesn't look very serious (we are recreating war), specially in ref to the speeches (Empire has been a better accomplishment in this matter); an Spanish general commanding one of the most powerful armies in the Middle Ages/Renaissance would never say those things neither in that way (honestly causes laughing). It would have been more like today an US general, committed to an objective and his men.

In all these languages the sentences look funny rather than serious for a battle; the speech has to be encouraging, inspiring, powerful, showing hate to the enemy..., they have to talk more about glory (for the Empire and the King) and religion (For St George!!, for the Only and True God!! For Allah!!) (= justification) in local languages. We all know that it's just a game but I think that we all prefer to feel the heat of the battle rather than laugh. I think that if we can improve the speeches and the battle voices, more aggressive, more real, more authentic, definitely that will help to improve the feeling of the action in a 200%.

Please email me directly when ready and tell me exactly how can I help and when and let's do it...

I'd do the translations for Portuguese (It's my mother tongue), not so keen on voice acting though. Do you still need/want it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12