Thread: Wars of Europe

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

Default Wars of Europe

Hi!
    Many of you might know that I was working for “the Frontier” and “King of Kings”.
    So why do I post her a concept for an own mod, too?
    Well, I finished with both mods because of school issues (well, my maths teacher is a guy who’s always drunken in the evenings and hates every pupil, which he shows accurately) and I got this concept now in my mind since 1 month. At first I wanted to improve it but then I decided that it’d be better to post it now before anyone else has the same idea.
    So here it is:

Wars of Europe:
    The Spanish Succession

If you want to know more on the topic, here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_...ish_Succession

Factions:

The Alliance:
    The Duchy of Habsburg (Austria-Hungary)
    The Holy Roman Empire
    The Duchy of Savoy
    Prussia
    The Kingdom of Portugal
    The Dutch Republic

Great Britain

The French Coalition:
    The Kingdom of France
    The Electorate of Bavaria
    Kingdom of Spain

Others (factions that are on the map but that didn’t take part at the war):
    The Duchy of Poland-Lithuania
    Hungarian Rebels (spawning in Habsburgian territory when the riot comes)

Italy (?)

Rebels

The Map:
    So, now I want to tell you something on the map, so here’s at first what I planned

The map has a focus on the territories where the war was fought, which means Southern Germany, Northern France, Spain and the Netherlands. But great Britain is also on it.

Features:

Units:
    Each faction will have accurate units of the Era and existing factions will be reskinned (if required).
    The recruitment will focus on fortresses, even more than it already does.
    Fortresses are strong and only at important positions, as border-fortresses will only be Stoned Forts.
    Here I got an idea on changing the recruitment system:
    In cities, you can recruit normal Militia units and a new unit (possible also an agent) that is called “Recruits”. They can be send to fortresses and get to normal units there (or make recruitment faster, I don’t know how far we can realise this)
    You will also need to decide carefully what you’ll do next, as recruiting new units will have high costs and take a long time, even with recruits.

(to be continued/improved)

Scripts:
    - A new sort of taxes (or the Very High Taxes will be renamed to them): War taxes.
    They shall be higher than the “Very high taxes” and decrease the Public Order and the Happiness in the settlement. And lower happiness means more Rebels and will slow down the building times, as citizens will demonstrate against them, as they’re build with their money.
    - It will take much time to include conquered settlements in your Empire. The people will want to go back to their old country, until you rebuilt the city and show the people your good will through building a Auxiliary hall that makes people fine with your nation.

Economy:
    As the game only plays during the war, the economies will be laid on that:
    Blacksmiths and other military manufactures will bring much more money and the money you gain from farms will be decreased, as you need to give much of the food from there to your armies.

Others:
    -The Spanish Succession War was fought from 1701 to 1713. This would be a very short time for a mod, so the mod will start in 1700 and will have 12 turns per year, whixh also causes high building and recruitment times.
    -improved balance (if required)
    -historical battles
    -new traits and ancillaries.

Recruitment:
    We’ll need everything!
    Coder
    Modeler
    Mapper
    Researcher
    Skinner

This is just an announcement and I will not require from you to start immediately after Empire is on your hard drive, because you’ll surely want to play the game before you make a mod for it.

Cheers and thanks for the interest,
    Nevada
    Last edited by Nevada; April 21, 2008 at 07:47 AM.

Default Re: [Announcement/Proposal]Wars of Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post

Economy:
    As the game only plays during the war, the economies will be laid on that:
    Blacksmiths and other military manufactures will bring much more money and the money you gain from farms will be decreased, as you need to give much of the food from there to your armies.

This looks like an interesting mod. However, I'd suggest NOT decreasing the value of farmland. If most of the food is feeding the armies, then farmland would have more importance rather than less. And with more importance, you should encourage players to build/improve farmland rather than focus only on other things (like the blacksmith). To do this, I'd simply suggest you either increase farming income, or decrease its cost and build time.

Other than that, this mod sounds good.

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [Announcement/Proposal]Wars of Europe

but we'll see how far we can mod it, it's just a proposal...
    of course it's a serious idea, but I'll need a team...