Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ideas Factory!

Default Ideas Factory!

I think that this the Best med mod out there but that you should shorten the eastern portion of the map and with the new regions move them west.
    dont get me wrong I'm not saying I dont like the people there but this is Medieval times so the focus should come west and to Africa and the New World
    also, try to get models,and buildings from m2tw.

Know god, no fear
    No god, Know fear

Default Re: Idea

medieval times didnt only happen in Europe,....

i think currently there is too much focus on the west, at this time the east was much more advanced and strong, militaricly, scientificly, and just overall

Ragnos's Avatar Semisalis

I agree. The Middle East was constantly changing, while Europe pretty much stayed the same land-wise save for some petty squabbles.

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

I have to agree, I think Medieval 2 focused way too little on the eastern factions, and I'm happy to say that in this mod it isn't the case. However the next version of Rome Medieval will feature a Russian faction amongst others in Europe that should keep you happy.

Tsar Ivan Asen II's Avatar Libertus

Yeah, if there will be no Bulgaria, at least I will be happy with the Russian brothers.

What I'm really hoping for is a lithuanian faction. I'm not from Lithuania or anything, but It would be cool to have a pagan faction for the Polish and Hungary to gang up on.

I hope for every faction but theres a limit Anyway you guys will work on it as much as you can so theres hope Theres a pagan factions already - The Golden Horde.Still Lithuania will be also cool.

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

Hi,i can see nice suggestions,but remember the limits,no more than 21 factions slots and all the slots are used,my plan (in july) is to change (replace) tunisia with a russian faction,and i will see if we need to replace the timurds (khwarezmians) too.and we can merge poland and Lithuania in one faction.

what do you suggest?

Please don't merge Poland and Lithuania
    It is two different countries
    Just keep Poland as it is now

Where there is a Will there is a Way

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

other opinions?

i agree with rusny
    keep Poland as is
    uanime5's Eras total conquest
    a Medieval 2 total war kingdoms mod
    featuring 10 campaigns covering the entire world
    each include different factions, faction start positions, and levels of technology
    Download>Link1 Link2 Link3 Link4 Link5

Ragnos's Avatar Semisalis

Would the new Russian faction be Novgorod or Kiev? The Kievans were more important but were killed by the Mongols later, while Novgorod survived, IIRC.

I'd prefer Kiev, seeing as how they have a more interesting starting position. Either get eaten up by the mongols, or maybe fight and win, and they've got Eastern Europe on their backs as well. depending on who they side with they could easily have a very interesting campaign.

well i have yet to play this mod lol but i think Kiev would be better goegraphly because they are close to the black sea and maybe raid the holy land?

Not a catholic faction (Orthodox brothers) but anyway still I think there should be Russians for sure.
    Last edited by Tsar Ivan Asen II; April 25, 2008 at 03:05 PM.

Yeah Kiev would be great plus it is Orthodox country

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of The Knights View Post
    Hi,i can see nice suggestions,but remember the limits,no more than 21 factions slots and all the slots are used,my plan (in july) is to change (replace) tunisia with a russian faction,and i will see if we need to replace the timurds (khwarezmians) too.and we can merge poland and Lithuania in one faction.

what do you suggest?
    i think tunisia is a good faction to keep the moors/ mamluks in check

and same with khwarezmians, they are i... i think essential

more important balance wise, and history wise, then say... poland, lithuania, or russia

I don't know, Lithuania was actually subject to several crusades, I think Its as imortant as say, the Reconquista or the holy land.

Quote Originally Posted by Efe Pasha View Post
    i think tunisia is a good faction to keep the moors/ mamluks in check

and same with khwarezmians, they are i... i think essential

more important balance wise, and history wise, then say... poland, lithuania, or russia
    tunisia and and khwarezmians didn't do anything significant.
    rebels can easily be placed on their places.
    at the same time, thanks to russians mongols didn't pass through all europe.
    also russians always attacked on bizantium. that's why they are orthodox.
    P.S I don't even notice that tunis and khwarezmian were not in medieval total war because it was good game without them.

Quote Originally Posted by rusny View Post
    tunisia and and khwarezmians didn't do anything significant.
    rebels can easily be placed on their places.
    at the same time, thanks to russians mongols didn't pass through all europe.
    also russians always attacked on bizantium. that's why they are orthodox.
    P.S I don't even notice that tunis and khwarezmian were not in medieval total war because it was good game without them.
    The Golden Horde crush most of Russian Kingdoms (Orthodox) and whole of Volga Bulgaria (Muslims) + they've stopped couze their leader Genghiz Khan died.So their power quickly faded bla bla bla whatever.Its true that their dream was to capture Constantinople but that was around AFTER the time when Ottoman Empire invade.Their 'dream' as we know it - is to capture this very City and so that the black see will become a "inner" see for them.That was their main goal.They also wants to ressurect the dead Byzantine Empire (at that time called "Imperium Romanum").For good or not this dont happend so long after that they lost their war (along with their Bulgarian Allies) with Ottomans (along with their allies, French and British) - Crimean War.

About Tunisia i tottaly agree.

Khwarezmians was a strong and big nation so I think they should absolutly stay.

Thanks.
    Tsar Ivan Asen II of Bulgaria

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast