Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Habitus/Ulpianus (II)

Kneißl's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Habitus and Ulpianus

OOC: @ Tiberius He means Should we ally with these countries
    should we grant trade rights tp these countries
    etc

Mathias Kneißl - Kampf Um Europa
    | Raiba Kneißl - GSTK

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

ooc:what countries then?the countries that he will say when he is doing is diplomatic road trip?

O Sancta Simplicitas!

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Congratulations on another victory over the Gauls, Consul, and well done to my Legio VIII Augusta for achieving it as well. I trust that you will now reinforce the legion back to full strength?

Maxinius Scipio's Avatar Decanus

Whether the Senate knew this or not, Marcus Valerius had been absent for the last few meetings. One can only assume, with the proper information, that he has entered a state of depression from seeing his wife cheat on him, but for the many who do not know, he has contracted a serious illness.

Nevertheless, his brother, Gaius, has offered to take his brother's place once again. He walks into the Senate Halls, with his robes the color of Iberian white and a regal look on his face. He did well coping with bad situations, unlike his nephew, Publius.

"I unfortunately must announce that my brother, Marcus Valerius Corvinus, has fell ill. I shall fill his place while he is gone, and I ask that I am treated with the same respect that you would show him.

To get to the point, I must say that I am impressed with the Consul's recent victories. Sparta's puppets have been repelled, and the Celtic tribes have been forced back to their homelands. Congratulations!"
    Gnaevs Theodosivs Festvs(49), Senator of Rome!
    Praefectus Praetorio Italiae
    Fallaces sunt rerum species. (Appearances are deceptive) - Seneca
    Titles Held: Senatore Romani, Eqves, Paters Familias, Praefectus
    Praetorio Italiae

Salve Senators!
    We finally found the remaining Greek army in northern Italy. To put it bluntly they were pathetic! Apparently the Gallic forces gave them quite a hard time. Still they met us in open battle, very brave these Greeks.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I weakened them as much as I could with my missile Auxilia. Truth be told, I was very nervous, they had three units of Cavalry, two of them heavy. I knew that if I was not careful they could be the end of me.

Then to my utter shock a single squad of hoplites decided to attack my right flank! Their commander must have been too busy with his slave boy to notice…

The fighting at this time was mostly concentrated on my right flank… they didn’t seem to want to engage our center.

Finally the dreaded cavalry came in, they charged my center, followed by hoplites. The cavalry didn’t give up though, charging again and again, then finally retreating back to their lines. I thank the Gods my men held… I miss the days Senators when we had Triarii Spearmen.

With the Cavalry dealt with for the moment my men surrounded and defeated the rest of the hoplite soldiers.

Finally we reformed, my men were exhausted, but I told them to push on, and push on they did. If he is there do tell Senator Marius that his men are impressive! We advanced and crushed the remaining cavalry, killing the boy loving general and winning the battle!

I have received word from various sources in Rome regarding my policy as far as relieving weakened legions. Rest assured that I have a full strength legion on its way north to relieve Legio VIII, I will send them back to be retrained to full strength and to rest… they deserve it. On a final note I have built a fortification here to ward off more attacks and I am on my way to Patvium to assess the situation in the east.

Spurius Vitruvius
    OOC: link to save... http://www.4shared.com/file/45035528...ified=b297e38e
    Last edited by Grandis Latro; April 22, 2008 at 10:08 PM.
    Caeso Decimus Crassus (32)

"Those damned Greek curs! Of course this betrayal comes as no suprise for me, and it seems they have payed dearly for their betrayal of Rome. Good work generals in both holding back the Greek forces but also taking out those smaller gaulish forces. It seems that Rome indeed has the upper hand at the moment, but we must not get too cocky. Let's continue on the path to victory, but we can't let ourselves get overextended.

On a side note, what are the diplomatic relationships between Greece and Gaul? If the two were to strike up a partnership, we could see ourselves fighting a coalition of nations, and opening up a multifront war against such odds is risky."

ooc: might I sugest using spoilers for those huge posts? it will make it easier to read

A messenger runs into the Senate hall, blood pouring from a wound... he hands a parchment to Pontifex, then collapses dead.

Senators!
    I hope that you recieve this! We are besieged at Patvium and its western fortification! There is nothing more I can do until the Greeks attack, however just because I am out of commission doesn't mean there are no troubles in Italy. Before I arrived here I recieved reports of small bands of desserters roaming northern and southern italy. Junior Consul, if you could deal with these vermin I would appreciate it. Fight them yourself or assign someone else to I care not. Use our home guard legion, stationed in a fort in Central Italy.

OOC: Just contact me and I will give you the most updated save, whoever lol... uhh I dont know how to do the hidden thing.. tell me how and I will
    Last edited by Grandis Latro; April 22, 2008 at 10:09 PM.

Motions to slaves to remove the body from the senate floor

"Are there any available legions that can be moved to aid the beleagured Patavium?"

ooc: minus spaces it is [spoiler ] text [/spoiler ]

Winter's Avatar Civitate

ooc: Do you mean to say that your messenger rode all the way from Northern Italy with a gushing hand wound, making it to Rome just in time to die on the Senate floor, and he didn't once think to bind it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

ooc: yes. his duty to Rome was more important than his gushing wound. Don't worry, my slaves picked up the mess

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Before the start of the morning session, a letter was found tacked to the Curia door.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    ooc: Do you mean to say that your messenger rode all the way from Northern Italy with a gushing hand wound, making it to Rome just in time to die on the Senate floor, and he didn't once think to bind it up?
    ooc: yep, lol
    Also glad to see you are back...

Thank you for your praise of my legion Senior Consul, I am very proud of them. However, I am concerned about that last map that you have just sent us. The siege of Patavium should not be too much of a problem, with our superior forces of roughly equal numbers, we should be able to sally forth and drive the Greeks away without too much difficulty. But the fort that is being besieged, is that the fort of my Legio VIII? If they are in dire trouble, I must help out my faithful and brave legionaries.

A messenger runs into the Senate hall, gasping, out of breath

Sirs! A message from our Consul!

Hands the parchment to Quintus, then drops dead for some unknown reason... the boy LOOKED healthy

Salve Senators!
    Contained within is an update as to the locations of our fortifications. Within each of these fortifications is a full strength legion, the exception being the Northern Fort, this is where Legio VIII is stationed, it is in a weakened state due to the three battles fought... indicated with X's, however rest assured, a relief legion is on its way. Also take note of the fort in Central Italy... the fort location can change if necessary, but the purpose of it is to provide a location for our Home Guard, which is responsible for the Defense of all of Southern and Central Italy. Also note that there is a fully strengthned legion in Arretium, I have placed every legion on a rotating schedule so that they may upgrade their armour (silver) at the famous blacksmith district. I have still furthur plans for the reformation and mobilization of our military, however these are the things I am focusing on right now... It would help if these bloody Greeks would stop attacking...
    Spurius Vitruvius Habitus

Last edited by Grandis Latro; April 22, 2008 at 10:27 PM.

Quintus Marius inspects the map quizzically. The Senior Consul has clearly said that reinforcements were on their way for his legion. In his memory, it was clear to him that the Legio VIII Augusta had come from the city of Asculum. Yet on the map, there was no sign of a large force in Asculum ready to set off for the foot of the Alps, unless it was the large army occupied in the Central Fort, which seems unlikely. Marius is confused...:hmmm:

Kneißl's Avatar Semisalis

OOC: Has Legio II Avgvsta been created yet?

Mathias Kneißl - Kampf Um Europa
    | Raiba Kneißl - GSTK

ooc: xavier I'm bringing legio VII up from southern Italy to Replace legio VIII, Legio VIII will go back to retrain to full strength... then it will go to Arretium to get silver armour... and yes there is a Legio II augusta if you look at the second screenshot its in the unnamed fort

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

OOC: Hello everyone! For convenience, I'll be joining the debates from the next consulship when I possess an office of gravity!
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

Well it would seem that our esteemed consul has the greeks wrapped up.
    Even though they lay siege to one of our fortification and a city.
    They are protected by our legions and I am sure that he will prevail.
    Many senators here may believe we need to seek for a peaceful resolution with these sons of zeus.
    I do not see that.
    How when yes, we may have discussed starting a war with them but before we even had time to vote, they betrayed us.
    So they brought the wrath of Rome on them.
    We never pushed it onto them.
    The people of Rome support this war.
    Romes plebs may not be sitting here in this senate hall but they do listen in.
    They are satisfied that italy proper is secure from the grecians.
    And they will continue to give their support so long as the greeks continue to attack us.

Servius Labienus 'the younger' (31)
    Senator of Rome

Quintus Marius stands up to make a small speech:

I agree with Tribune Labienus. We have done a lot of Greek killing lately, and I must say that our consul has been doing an awfully great job at preventing any Greek armies from attacking our cities, apart from Patavium, and defending Italy up until now. But like Servius has said, this isn't the end senators. The Greeks, now that they have started, are unlikely to ever stop until they themselves are almost vanquished or we have been crushed by them. I would be more happy to see the former, with Rome basking in all it's glory, the Greeks grounded beneath her heel.

Therefore, though some senators are wishing for a more peaceful solution to this problem, I foresee no such resolution in the near future. Either we fight doggedly on, and teach the Greeks to respect Roman steel like we did to the Gauls in expelling them from the Cisalpine area, or otherwise we fall under the pressure of the Greek phalanx. Will we be like the Macedonians, Dacians and Free Peoples who have fallen under their rule? Will be subject to a civilisation that though strong, is theoretically weaker than ours? For that is what will happen if we stop now Senators. We have gone this far, there is not more going back!

Slightly breathless, he sits back down.