Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Habitus/Ulpianus (II)

Kneißl's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Habitus and Ulpianus

Hmmm, maybe after the diplomat gets back form the original route we shall send him there?

Mathias Kneißl - Kampf Um Europa
    | Raiba Kneißl - GSTK

"I also think trade should be opened up with these people. Our interests seem to align, if what you say is correct."

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

In fact the talk has going around that it is I who would get this mission, thats why I looked into this, to prepare myself for the posible misson.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Well, Marcus Aelius, since it was you who did the research, and you who came up with the plan, I would willingly support you to go do the action. However, we need to see a division. Junior Consul, if you please.

ooc: Maxim Victor, you should put your RPG name on your sig like the rest of us, cos I had to go all the way to your domus to remember what your rp person was called.

OOC: I did but I got to little space left, try to fix it soon
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

A messenger runs in, gasping, he hands the parchment to the nearest senator. The senator reads aloud.

Senators!

I am currently with the Legio Agustus VIII coordinating the massive job of redeploying our Legions to key points along our borders. I have sent letters to every legion commander to firstly ensure that they are at full strength, and with specific orders where to march. I have also sent maps and orders to specific legions telling them to build fortifications where I believe necessary, they will then man those fortifications. I will slowly but surely order our legions further north. I have also sent Legio Ferrata to Massilia to reinforce Servius Labienus. I have included orders to build fortifications and watchtowers in the region. I must say, dear sirs, what a mess! I have received reports from training camps that some legion cohorts have been waiting for orders there for years! This will not be a simple task. You’ll hear from me when I know more.

Spurius Vitruvius
    Caeso Decimus Crassus (32)

Senators!

I have recieved a report from the following legions!

Legio X Gemina reports to be at Full Strength and has completed building a fortification west of Genoa

Legio III Augusta reports to be weak a 1st Cohort and has completed building a fortification west of Mediolanum

Legio XI Claudia has finished their Central fortification, however the commander reported to be weak by 2 cohorts and some odd Auxilia. I have sent Auxilia his way and replacement Cohorts are currently training. I have also reprimanded him severly for not training them BEFORE he set out as orders said. I am currently considering replacing him, after all this legion is responsible for the safety of all of southern Italy.

Legio V Alavdae has reported in as Full Strength and traveling north.

Legio VII Claudia has reported to be weak by 2 cohorts and some odd Auxilia, they have remained in Croton to train. They also report brigands and rebels about the countryside, I have sent the commander a letter telling him to deal with it in his own way, but not to bother me with it again. (ooc: too small of a battle in my opinion to report on, but if you wish me to I can)

I have yet to hear from Legio I Germanica, It is a personal concern of mine for my brother is a Commander of the legions there. They were supposed to build a fortification East of Patvium and report in, hopefully soon they will. When I know more I will write you again Senators.
    Last edited by Grandis Latro; April 22, 2008 at 01:17 AM.

A messenger runs in gasping, barely able to breathe he hands Senator Falco a parchment and collapses dead.

Senators! We have been betrayed!

I finally got word from my brother stationed with Legio I Germanica. They had barely built the fortification when a very large Greek force besieged it! It was only by pure luck that a messenger was able to get through.

My brother has also provided intelligence that his men gathered; another Greek army is marching through the eastern and northern Alps to attack us in Northwestern Italy. I am taking Legio Agustus VIII to intercept them. I must admit, I don’t wish to. I wish to aid my brother, however if his intelligence is even remotely true it must be checked out; due to the massive mobilization of the armies we are at a weak state right now. So northwest I march, my heart heavy.

Vitruvius

A messenger runs into the hall, he hand a parchment to the nearest Senator, "From Senator Vitruvius!' he announces.

Salve Senators!

When I wrote you last I informed you that I was travelling Northwest. It didn’t take long before we encountered our first army of Greeks, and let me tell you… the men were eager and truth be told, so was I!

We outnumbered the enemy slightly. I was perfectly fine with this, I am no hero, I am no Alexander the Great; no I am a simple man that enjoys superior numbers. I am here to win after all!

It was truly a dreadful day, dark and gloomy with pouring rain, but the men were eager! So onward we marched!

I sent up my Auxilia missile troops to weaken the enemy a bit. They only weakened them a little, as I expected, Greek bronze is much hardier than Gallic leather…

The enemy general in a foolish tactic charged my right flank, immediately dying. Stupid, stupid man! The rest of his cavalry was easily dealt with. (ooc: seriously the cavalry charged then I got the notice he was dead in like 10 seconds, I couldn’t get a pic )

The Greeks no longer had a commander, confused one group of hoplites charged my center. After a short time the rest charged my left flank. My men were well trained though, approaching the Greeks at their sides.

I watched from afar, the battle was fierce. My men held though; true Romans they were!

I receive word from my scouts that the enemy reinforcements are approaching, we quickly finish fighting off the main force and reform our ranks, amongst the dead…

The Greeks attack us once again, and once again we hold strong! They fight with heart… this I will admit!

Finally after an entire day of fighting, the last of the Greek are dead or routed… It has been a long day, too many men have died. I have my men build pyres for all the dead, Roman and Greek alike. I thank Mars for my success, but I ask Jupiter for his forgiveness. We still have much scouting to do, I will report again soon.

Spurius Vitruvius Habitus
    Last edited by Grandis Latro; April 22, 2008 at 01:27 AM.

I just knew that the Greeks couldn't be trusted to keep their promises. It looks like that they are so arrogant in thinking that just because they have all that land and all that military strength, they have the right to break agreements and betray who they deemed as friends. Anyway, now Senators, there is no need for the motion of instigation of war against the Greeks, they have instigated it themselves! It will be up to us, Senators to defend the glory of the Roman Republic against the untrustworthy and upstart Greeks!

Also, I ask the Senior Consul for a report on my legion, Legio VIII Augusta, which I have of yet heard nothing of. At my last point of contact with them, they were stationed in Patavium, with a Greek army loitering dangerously close by. If they are in any trouble, I would be most fit to command them, as I know them almost man for man.
    Last edited by Xavier Dragnesi; April 22, 2008 at 12:32 AM.

Kneißl's Avatar Semisalis

Yes, the Greeks shall pay. They have yet to fell the sting of the lizards bite.

Mathias Kneißl - Kampf Um Europa
    | Raiba Kneißl - GSTK

(ooc: xavier... take a good close look at the banner of the last pic , don't worry I won't steal them from you, I plan on eventually commanding Legio V. Legio VIII will be stationed in the northernmost fortification)

Please set up a poll where the senate could choose the diplomatic option that I then will cary one upon my journey.

Something like this: Should we make trade agreements with ....
    Should we make alians with ....
    should we request map info from .....
    Son of Legio

ooc: Good, my legion has been doing good work then.

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

The consul ahs done well.
    But the greek problem will persist.
    They have numerous armies in that area and they must be stopped.
    I only say what would happen if that fort was not put there by our consuls brother under the orders of the consul?
    They would have struck at the town.
    We must use all our legions we can spare and secure the north west.

Servius Labienus 'the younger' (31)
    Senator of Rome

Salve Senators!
    When I wrote you last I had told you that we were scouting… and with good reason… we had heard that not only was there another Greek army, but a Gallic one too. Early one morning my scouts reported a small Gallic army heading this way. My troops, though slightly weakened, were eager for a fight. I set out to meet them in battle.

I set up my formation, the epitome of Discipline against the disorganized troops of the barbarians! Filthy, unwashed, Senator’s believe me when I say I could smell them even from a distance!

I ordered my archers and skirmishers forward. I decided that today was a perfect day to use fire. I was right, volley after volley of arrows immediately routed their ranks, though surprisingly their commander managed to rally them time and time again…

The men were so eager they were starting to break ranks in anticipation. I ordered a full charge.

Soon we had them surrounded; I was eager as well so I flanked the enemy and smashed into its ranks! It was truly a sight to behold.

Finally every last one of them was either routed or killed, I had my men collect our dead, and they were given a proper funeral. I ordered them to leave the Gallic dead… I have no shame in this it is the only tactic that they understand… It stands as a warning to any other Gallic commander with his eye on Italy. I thank Mars for victory! I ask Goddess Clementia for forgiveness for the lives that I lost.

I have plans to build a fortification here, however I must continue to root out any and all enemies I can find.

We shall fwee...Wode's Avatar Senator

Lucivs rises to the senate
    Jupiter and Mars be praised! They have granted war, and it shall be our duty to continue their wishes and attack. Now however, a message from my father.

He signals the young messenger in and the messenger begins
    After hearing of the need for legions, and the request for men, I am proud to declare that Sicily shall provide 10 cohorts of heavy Auxillia, 4 Light Auxillia, 4 archers, 4 heavy Cavalry, and 2 medium cavalry. All these men will be complete within a year(is RS 4tpy? if not, then two years) I hope that they can do their part in crushing the greek behemoth and earn not only themselves, but the republic glory!
    add "wick" on the end of my name.

Gaivs Atilivs Balbvs - senator YATS, age 30)

Nephew of Marcvs Atilivs Balbvs, died in battle aged 48

The forums Monty Python nutter!

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

"Well,we are going to need as much men as possible,fighting two enemies is going to pretty hard.As we secure the north-east from the Gauls we must move most of our men to the north-west to fight with the Greeks."

O Sancta Simplicitas!

OOC:2tpy.

Once again:
    Please set up a poll where the senate could choose the diplomatic option that I then will cary one upon my journey.

Something like this: Should we make trade agreements with ....yes/no
    Should we make alians with ....yes/no
    should we request map info from ....yes/no
    Son of Legio

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

"I shall put it to motion dear senator."

ooc:please xplain a little more...

O Sancta Simplicitas!