Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: M2TW - Rome Mod

EB2 isn't finished yet. There is De Bello Mundi, it's still experiencing teething problems but it's playable.

Default Re: Mod Questions and Recommendations Here

why do alllll of my mods cancel out after like every 3 miniutes of play then having to click on the bottom icon to get it to come back on. my mods are last kingdom,rusichi,third age, de bello mundi,and rise of three kingdoms. very much so need answer before

Default A quick question.

Hi.I don't know if this belongs here or not, I couldn't find anywhere else to post it, so here goes.I'm looking for a mod that has a similar map to EB for RTW. IE: both Europe, Arabian Peninsula, Iran, Afghanistan etc.A plus would be if it included the Abbassid Caliphate. I've searched for quite a while, now. But there's a ton of mods and I don't have a very stable internet. The closest I've seen is Clouds Across Europe. Although it's a great mod, it emphasizes on Europe. Everywhere past Constantinople looks like a patch of copy pasted land. So, down to the question, is there such a mod that include both a detailed Europe and Asia, plus Abbassid faction or an extra faction slot so I can add it in myself for only my personal use.

You need to look at the kingdoms mods, not the Medieval 2 mods section. Stainless steel or Broken Crescent should be good for your needs, BC is a small but well detailed eastern map while SS is more like vanilla map(enhanced obviously) and expanded eastward(americas removed). SS 6.4 will be less pleasing to the eye if you want to play as a muslim faction(i assume you do) because most of the rosters dont have good skins. There are submods that are focused on that, Claudillos Khwarezmian and byz
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

I've played BC, and it's one of my favorites, I wanted a mod that includes Europe, however. SS doesn't include the Abbasid Caliphate, that's the specific faction I'm looking for. I'm just going to give up and try to add the faction to SS and maybe remove the Fatimid Caliphate. Thank you.

I really hope this is the right place to put this....anyway hi, i just found this forum because i've rewatched my dvd's of game of thrones and decided to google stuff on it and came across "westeros" mod that was pointed to here, but i am currently having an extremely tough time navigating this site....just a whole slew on the screen at once lol anyway i do not have the kingdoms expansion for M2TW but i would like as many game improving mods, and submods that i can have...pc power isnt an issue cuz luckily i have a monster of one lol...anyway i would like recommendations of mods...all i know i want for sure is westeros...and if it's not too much trouble, if links could be provided i will be very grateful

Westeros mod will only work if you have the kingdoms expansion, in fact if you look at the medieval 2 mods section you'll see that there is only a fraction of number of mods available as opposed to the number of mods available for the kingdoms expansion. I havent played the mods available for medieval 2 without kingdoms, so I cant comment on how good they are, but darth mod and clouds across europe seem to be the more popular ones.

i am currently having an extremely tough time navigating this site
    Thats because of the issues with the switch to Vbulletin4 and a recent rome 2 release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

Good Day people! 1st thank for all the wonderful mods! i'm new in this community and i already installed ss 6.4 and crimson tide, but i have a question. I would like to know (if someone can explaine step by step) how can i remove, erradicate, eliminate, disable etc the arrow trails (and pretty much all other "unnatural" trails in the game -except the flaming arrow trails and so that are considered realistic-). i've read some threads on so but i dont find the flaming_projectiles.txt -name might be a little different i dont remember- file, and i know that is inside a .pack file. i would like to know how can i unpack this files - i know there are tutorials but they dont explain what unpacking will do to my game -if i'll need extra space in my hd --like if i where unpacking something from winrar xD-- - or if the files will remain unpacked for ever and ever -per secula seculom- and i'm about to go crazy because idk what to do. so please if anyone have the time to reply this lonely commet i would be eternaly gratefull. Move me if i'm in the wrong section please, this is my first comment and i havent even started playing until i remove those trails -need the extra fps and the realistic lookingxD-
    If needed: OS Win 7 Home Premium 32bit, core 2 duo E8400, gts 250, 2gb ram ddr3 -planing some more later on-
    I'm a veteran from MTW1 so i would love to play this in peace. Praise be the moors for they are my favorite faction. Almohades for life homies! xD

Icon7 Please tell me which mod to use (and kingdoms vs. non-kingdoms)

I've owned Medieval Total War 2 since it was release, and pathetically had never even installed it until Rome Total War 2 came out. I am so disappointed in RTW2, that I'd like to come back and play the game I missed. I have a very high end gaming rig, so could anyone suggest which I should play "Kingdoms vs. non-kingdoms) and what mod might work best? I want a comprehensive single mod that enhancements the graphics and the overall game-play.

Thanks!

Mr. ZAP's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Please tell me which mod to use (and kingdoms vs. non-kingdoms)

You've had the game for seven years without playing it? That seems like a waste of money to me, but oh well.

I'd install Kingdoms just so you can access the more popular mods. The extra vanilla campaigns are also a lot of fun. I'd start with vanilla first just to get a feel for it. If you're looking for some great mods Stainless Steel and Third Age are probably the most popular. Stainless Steel adds more factions/units/provinces to the game and enhances the AI and other things, so that might be more what you're looking for. Third Age is a total conversion mod taking place in Tolkien's Middle-earth. I recommend both of them highly. Both of them have their own sub-forums here so you can check them out more if you like.

Yeah, I was so annoyed with RTW2 I gave up playing computer games for a while - if this is how the developers are going to treat their fans, URRGH!If you would like to play the original without the bugs but with the Kingdoms additions, play the Retrofit mod. Otherwise the two best mods are Third Age: Total War and Stainless Steel. By all accounts, Broken Crescent is also very good. Third Age has the best graphics, though you will notice the blocky shape of the horses' heads after seeing the RTW2 graphics!!

Super - thanks you two! I'm off to download them now!

Im using Sicilian Vespers 3.3 but my security said it had a generic trojan !! possibly steam updates or such but i accepted it & everything ok
    you can start in any of 4 eras starting at 880AD ( i think!)
    many new nations playable etc

If you were annoyed with R2TW, you can try the De Bello Mundi mod. It's a mod for M2TW that is set in the years ~250 BC - 114 AD. The map stretches all the way to India and the Himalayas. It also brings a lot of concepts from RTW to M2TW. I recently downloaded it, and I'm having some fun with it

What would be the most appropriate mod for M2TW vanilla (no kingdoms!) if I played/liked stainless steel ? Unfortunately my PC can't run it so I'm looking for the best/most popular non-kingdoms mod out there...

Mr. ZAP's Avatar Libertus

There are also some smaller scale (geographically) mods that I like, similar to the Kingdoms campaigns. 1143 is a Reconquista total conversion mod taking place in Iberia and northwestern Africa, and 1648 is a Thirty Years War mod taking place in central Europe (complete with the military advances like pike and shot for battles!). Both are highly enjoyable, though I'll admit that the latter has been a bit buggy for me.

Default Teutonic Knights Mod?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place; I went to the mod forums and the only "forum" that seemed logical didn't have a single thread in it.I put Rome II on hold until all the patching is done and rediscovered M2TW. I had fun playing the Teutonic campaign this weekend but it ended too quickly. Is there any mod that enhances or develops that campaign further? I'm looking for something that might add to the map and/or add units - something along the lines of Broken Crescent. I really like this campaign and I hope there's something out there. Thanks.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Teutonic Knights Mod?

Stainless Steel is my suggestion. If you like a gianormous map, tons of new factions (including the Teutonic Knights), both an early and late campaign, oodles of units etc, in short a TON OF STUFF, it's for you.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by John F. Kennedy View Post
    Stainless Steel is my suggestion. If you like a gianormous map, tons of new factions (including the Teutonic Knights), both an early and late campaign, oodles of units etc, in short a TON OF STUFF, it's for you.
    Thanks. That seems to be a popular mod. I'll check it out.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on how to download the SS mod? I tried about a year ago and it didn't work for me. Be specific please, I'm not very good with computers. Lol