Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Vlad Dracul's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Mod Questions and Recommendations Here

I'm wondering if there's a mod in which the map of Europe is complete (I desire the whole Scandinavia and Iceland) and has the Teutonic Order as playable faction (yeah, I wanna lead the powerful charge of my Teutonic Knights on the icy lands of north-west).

I also desire that if such a mod does exist, to be as good as possible, no crashing, less bugs etc.

And if it has America, to be in the right place, too

Never mind got what I needed!
    Last edited by poisoned goat; June 29, 2013 at 08:49 AM.

Can somebody recommend me a good mod, that's historically authentic and precise (I mean literally) for that era?

Broken Crescent

It's been a while, and nobody answered my question, so again...is there any mod that wouldn't be far from vanilla balance, but would focus only on pre-gunpowder era or with just early gunpowder units like hand gunners and bombards?

Ussaid the Hashshashin's Avatar Ordinarius

@Sarln

Have you tried Renaissance Total War? I think it is the closest to what your describing. Good luck!
    The Face of Murder

"Have any of you ever felt your imagination going wild reading ancient lore?"

Renaissance sound like opposite of what I'm looking for, it is more focused on gunpowder weaponry than original M2TW, while I'm looking for something less oriented that way, it should be focused no high medieval era rather than late/post medieval.

Vlad Dracul's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Dracul View Post
    I'm wondering if there's a mod in which the map of Europe is complete (I desire the whole Scandinavia and Iceland) and has the Teutonic Order as playable faction (yeah, I wanna lead the powerful charge of my Teutonic Knights on the icy lands of north-west).

I also desire that if such a mod does exist, to be as good as possible, no crashing, less bugs etc.

And if it has America, to be in the right place, too
    Nothing?

blazerek's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Hello, i don't know if I am in the right forum or not but I need some help. When I play mods such as eras total conquest or falcom 3 total war, during the battles it lags like crazy. When I play the regular medieval 2 without mods, it plays fine on medium settings. Is it the new models in the mods that lag my computer? I've tried to turn down the settings to low but it doesn't affect my preformance.

Ussaid the Hashshashin's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Quote Originally Posted by blazerek View Post
    Hello, i don't know if I am in the right forum or not but I need some help. When I play mods such as eras total conquest or falcom 3 total war, during the battles it lags like crazy. When I play the regular medieval 2 without mods, it plays fine on medium settings. Is it the new models in the mods that lag my computer? I've tried to turn down the settings to low but it doesn't affect my preformance.
    The models in the mods are very high detailed, and they will lag more, and you can't lower the settings because they haven't bothered to create a lower detailed model for the low settings, so the game uses the same thing. Small mods such as Falcom 3 total war do it. If you want to play mods, you need to upgrade, and yes, this isn't the right thread to ask this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Renaissance sound like opposite of what I'm looking for, it is more focused on gunpowder weaponry than original M2TW, while I'm looking for something less oriented that way, it should be focused no high medieval era rather than late/post medieval.
    Stainless Steel High Campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Dracul View Post
    Nothing?
    No, there is no mod that does it. As far as I know, there can however be some sub-mods for the big players.
    Last edited by Ussaid the Hashshashin; July 04, 2013 at 10:31 AM.
    The Face of Murder

"Have any of you ever felt your imagination going wild reading ancient lore?"

blazerek's Avatar Foederatus

TY very much ussaid_modder!

Laetus

Guys, I have recently been very interested in changing faction names in Medieval 2 total war kingdoms. That is the current one I have. I want to know how to change England to Albion for example. I have looked all over the web and cannot find any way to make it work on my game. Thanks.

Laetus

Guys, I have currently got Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms. I am wondering how to change faction names. From England to Albion for example. Please help I have looked all over the web and tried many things but it doesn't work. Aquick reply would be appreciated as I have been trying for 3 days now.

Laetus

Guys, I have currently got Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms. I am wondering how to change faction names. From England to Albion for example. Please help I have looked all over the web and tried many things but it doesn't work. A quick reply would be appreciated as I have been trying for 3 days now.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Use the unpacker to extract the txt files from vanilla or kingdoms campaign you want to change faction names. Open expanded.txt in data/text folder find lines like {DENMARK}Denmark and change the last part, for example {DENMARK}Vikings to make the faction name Vikings. And you might need to put the [io] file_first in medieval2.preferences.cfg file for changes to have effect.

PS in a hotseat you can change the name of your faction in the game in overview scroll just like you change city names

I am looking for best AI mod, especially better battle AI (it doesnt have to add new units, factions) just better AI

THANKS
    Empire Total War Imperial Destroyer MOD videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qHwf...o1jzaF1nzdfd1A

Germanicus really bad battle AI is what you're looking for. It works natively on the biggest mods out there, and you can make it work on anything else too, if you have a little modding know how. As for campaign AI - try out SS, it somes with 3 standard AI choices and there is at least one more optional one as a submod available, I don't know about other mods offerings in the way of campaign AI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

I'm looking for a ready-to-play mod for the Papal States, and with additional features would be nice, like being able to excommunicate, launch Crusades, give missions and tasks for the Catholic factions, all that.

give missions and tasks for the Catholic factions
    I dont think that is possible.

excommunicate
    Thats probably not possible with a click of a button either, but if you attack any faction it automatically gets excomd

Not sure what mod or submod to recommend though, just saying what you can expect from one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic Warrior View Post
    I dont think that is possible.

Thats probably not possible with a click of a button either, but if you attack any faction it automatically gets excomd

Not sure what mod or submod to recommend though, just saying what you can expect from one.
    Oh come on! How can I mod SS files to play it then?