Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Mod Questions and Recommendations Here

Too bad, Beta is months away...

I'm looking for a mod that improves the AI.

Also, how difficult are SS, Third Age, Broken Crescent, Thera and KGCM compared to the vanilla game?

SS, Third Age, Broken Crescent, Thera and KGCM
    All of these mods should have improved AI, maybe with the exceptions of KGCM and Thera(I havent played them yet). The others will have a better strat map AI most definetly, as well as better combat AI, but for that you have to install G5 ReallyBadAI submod(it works for most of the "big" mods).

Aditonally for SS you can install Soulsons AI which is a different type of balanced AI.

Hi All, looking for a mod that can may satiate the following wants (all or some).

1 - Not a HUGE file, or 37 different files, patches, versions, submods needed to play it -- Just one (possibly two) files, and a reasonable file size (ie. not like S.S.).
    2- Centers around Europe -- not so much with Americas or with .."Uzbeks" and all manner of exotic and obscure factions...

3- Emphasis on the Feudal European gameplay -- 1000 ad to 1500 ad. Poland, France, HRE, England, etc.. that kind of solid Medieval set up.

I've seen something called "DHHR" - Das Heilige Römische Reich

, it's a german mod -- is that any good for an english-speaking player? Is that stable, and not requiring a zillion downloads to run?
    How about.. A baltic themed mod, is the only one available the sub-mod for S.S. or are there others?

The first criteria (Size, simple install) is the most crucial.

thanks guys.
    Last edited by PrestigeX; March 22, 2013 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrestigeX View Post
    Hi All, looking for a mod that can may satiate the following wants (all or some).

1 - Not a HUGE file, or 37 different files, patches, versions, submods needed to play it -- Just one (possibly two) files, and a reasonable file size (ie. not like S.S.).
    2- Centers around Europe -- not so much with Americas or with .."Uzbeks" and all manner of exotic and obscure factions...

3- Emphasis on the Feudal European gameplay -- 1000 ad to 1500 ad. Poland, France, HRE, England, etc.. that kind of solid Medieval set up.

I've seen something called "DHHR" - Das Heilige Römische Reich

, it's a german mod -- is that any good for an english-speaking player? Is that stable, and not requiring a zillion downloads to run?
    How about.. A baltic themed mod, is the only one available the sub-mod for S.S. or are there others?

The first criteria (Size, simple install) is the most crucial.

thanks guys.
    I think, given your criteria, that you'd enjoy DHRR a great deal. It is, of course, mostly focused on the HRE and its various components, but gameplay for the non-German factions is also very good (one of my favourite England campaigns of all time!). The mod is in English, so you don't need to fiddle with translations. That said, it can be rather tricky to install. PM me if you're interested, and I can walk you through a couple steps that need to be taken to avoid CTDs. Once that's done, however, the mod is golden.

Thanks Cyprian2, I'll look more into it then. I think I will be able to figure out the installation, but I will msg you if I come across any problems. Thanks once again.

Hi All,
    Is there a MOD for M2TW called De Crucis 6.3 (or 6.4) and if so where can I find it? Is it in english?
    Cheers
    The Devshirme
    On the night the scarlet horsemen took him away - from all that he knew and all he might have known - the moon waxed full in Scorpio, sign of his birth, and as if by the hand of God its incandescence split the alpine valley sheer into that which was dark and that which was light, and the light lit the path of devils to his door.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    Hi All,
    Is there a MOD for M2TW called De Crucis 6.3 (or 6.4) and if so where can I find it? Is it in english?
    Cheers
    I'm assuming you mean Bellum Crucis?

The thread for the mod is located here

The mod is originally in Italian, so you will have to follow the instructions located on the second post to translate the game into English

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Looking for a high resolution texture mod and a high res UI. Not looking for anything that changes or adds anything to the gameplay, would just like to play the game with higher resolution textures. Thank you!

I am trying to begin a hotseat game with my friends, but the game don't give me the option to insert a key in the begining of the turns. Without this option we can't start the game, because anyone could see the turns of other factions.
    I have the 4.3 patch.

Sorry the bad english, i'm brazilian.

Thanks!

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

When starting the hotseat tick the box that says "Use passwords" or before starting the game in the .cfg change passwords = 0/false to 1/true

When, I unpack the files with unpack_all.dat with c.promt it does it but when it finishes the files dont show up in the data directory MTW2 , i dont know where there going or its just not unpacking any advice?
    Plz and thx u

Well did you check if the Med2 folder or any partition has increased in size by some gigs? Also you can do a search for files like export_descr_unit or export_descr_buildings and you'll find out if the files were extracted or not somewhere. (these files are used by mods too so exclude those)
    Last edited by Vipman; April 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM.

rifleman57's Avatar Laetus

I've just gotten into Total War and I am blown away by the mods. I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Which of the mods have an active multiplayer group?

Coming from Tanks of War, are there clans to join?

Modders, you do fantastic work. I really appreciate your dedication.

I'll see how many campaigns I can do before Rome II.

Quote Originally Posted by Giumbix View Post
    When starting the hotseat tick the box that says "Use passwords" or before starting the game in the .cfg change passwords = 0/false to 1/true
    I already tried this, but still dont working. The turns starts normal, and the screen to put de password is not showed. Include the .cfg file, doesn't work. =/

Hmm, then also put in the .cfg this line: scroll = 1 and make the file read-only if you use the vanilla game and not a mod. If you use a mod then it's not needed.

Default Mod Recommendation

Im looking get a mod for this game, could somebody recommend one? whats the best mod to date for M2? ive played stainless steel and LOTR in the past and may go back to SS but is that the best mod there is? or is there something better?

Default Re: Mod Recommendation

Stainless Steel and TATW are both very good mods (and you don't have to settle for just one. You can have as many as you want). THERA is also pretty fun, along with a ton of other mods.

And this really belongs here

Default Re: Mod Recommendation

i think im probably just going to play SS again i really enjoyed that one...would anyone know how i would go about installing it with a steam version of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Giumbix View Post
    Hmm, then also put in the .cfg this line: scroll = 1 and make the file read-only if you use the vanilla game and not a mod. If you use a mod then it's not needed.
    Haha, thanks very much man. I imagined that was a simple thing to do. But really thanks, now i can play hotseat.