Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Mod Questions and Recommendations Here

Is there an island hopping mod. As in I have a small fleet some dudes and go conquer beautiful tropical paradises?

LordJax's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by A_Su View Post
    Is there an island hopping mod. As in I have a small fleet some dudes and go conquer beautiful tropical paradises?

I like the idea of this one, Join an army visit beautiful exotic places, meet beautiful exotic people, and UTTERLY CRUSH THEM! Way to go.

Any good, released mods centered on feudal Japan? I found one called Bushido the Way of the Warrior on mod database that looks pretty cool, but download links have been removed and I can't seem to find anymore info about it.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

The Vault Staff will go back to his feet soon. You might ask them about the links if it was saved.
    There's Eras Total Conquest and Falcom 3 that add a world map however in the high middle ages with many factions including Japan.

Laetus

I have a question about unit scripting. I would like to make the dismounted conquistador available to other nations. First can i do so? If so how?

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanman12 View Post
    I have a question about unit scripting. I would like to make the dismounted conquistador available to other nations. First can i do so? If so how?
    In export_descr_unit every unit is listed which factions can recruit it under "ownership". You have to simply add a faction to there.

I need a mod that has well fighting pikemen animations (and those with the long axes) and new castles, cities and fortresses on battlemap.
    Last edited by Dracula; December 20, 2013 at 04:05 PM.

Default Questions about mods for a newbie

After looking through the hosted mods I found a couple that looked good.

I currently want to play some of the kingdoms campaigns and am quite familiar with the failings of the ai in this game. I played about 40 hours of vanilla shogun 2 and it seems like the ai builds all the same units, either stands there or throws all its units at me... get boring fast.

I found reallybadai mod for kingdoms and also the recommended mod g5 settlement tweaks. Going to try playing with these two. Will also probably do the SS mod eventually.

Are there any other must have mods that keep the original way the game is made but improve the failings such as ai? Is there a better ai mod to use?

I don't know I couldn't really find any information on must have mods. Any help is appreciated.

Biarchus

Default Re: Questions about mods for a newbie

I played vanilla TW2 a LOT, believe me. I completed long grand campaign at least 2 times with any faction possible(not counting venice, boring) and I say, its good to install SS 6.4 mod.

You get more balance, it's harder, and contains better AI(I tend to use savage, but I'm tempted by BYG's AI). There are some thing's I'm really not happy about, Polish Nobles aren't missle cav anymore, but the mod is brilliant and I'd recomend it.

Another one would be Broken Crescent. It is really well done, but just not my point of interest.

Last but not least(maybe even first) is Third Age:TW - Middle Earth based TW, with many modifications pleasing the gameplay and the view. Worthy of installing. Maybe it's because I came here after WC3 but I prefere 3rd age than 4th(which is also good to try). The 3rd just has more atmosphere for total war

Guys, I'm trying to mod my 'descr_faction_standing' file to fix the reputation bug. But it seems the link to the corrected file on TAW's blog no longer works (http://t-a-w.blogspot.com.au/2009/11...edieval-2.html). Can anyone direct me to a copy of the file? Or post the exact relevant text from the file so I can manually alter mine to match it? I know it involves deleting 1 or more semicolon but not sure which ones. Thanks

Skald's Avatar Decanus

I'm sure it has been answered before, but i couldn't find where it stands, so I ask here:
    Is it possible to have two or even more mods installed at the same time? For example, i have Third Age installed at the moment, but now i want to play Stainless Steel. Is that possible without deleting Third Age?

yes, most mods for M2 are mod-foldered (i haven't found a mod which isn't), so you can have multiple mods installed at the same time

Skald's Avatar Decanus

thanks! have a rep for your help!

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Are they any mods that have female units?

Biarchus

In SS 6.4 you have submod "Royal ladies of the court", but as units in battle, never seen.

Are there two call of war hammer mods?
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; January 13, 2014 at 06:36 PM.

(Delete)
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; January 13, 2014 at 06:37 PM.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    Are there two call of war hammer mods?
    No, one is set in the empire right before a chaos invasion and the other is set in the elven homelands several thousand years in the past.

Hey you think its possible to keep a map like stainless steel Mod. The whole game the same but when you go to battle some how then use the rome 2 battle as when you start the battle rome 2 will pop up, just to battle but keep the medieval map and game. Then just change the textures on rome 2 To knights. as the map is way better doent have to look all fancy as its a strategy game. Thanks

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

No.