Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

tudor93's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Mod Recommendation

Înfrânt nu eşti atunci când sângeri,
    nici ochii când în lacrimi ţi-s.
    Adevăratele înfrângeri,
    sunt renunţările la vis.

Default Re: Mod Recommendation

...probably cause i didnt know that forum was there?

Default Re: Mod Questions and Recommendations Here

im looking to find a mod that really improves the AI of M2 i was playing vanillia the other day and quit after an hour cause of the stupid AI i really enjoy this period in history so i think im going to start playing SS again i really enjoyed that mod...would anyone know how i would go about installing it with a steam version of the game? the last time i had this mod i didnt use steam so if someone could explain to how to go about installing it i would appreciate it

P.S please excuse that post above me i was thought i was posting somewhere else not sure if i can delete it or not but if i can would an admin delete it for me?
    Last edited by Kryme101; April 15, 2013 at 12:52 PM.

would anyone know how i would go about installing it with a steam version of the game? the last time i had this mod i didnt use steam so if someone could explain to how to go about installing it i would appreciate it
    You can find the tutorial under the SS subforums --> Guides and resources http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-amp-Resources

im looking to find a mod that really improves the AI of M2 i was playing vanillia the other day and quit after an hour cause of the stupid AI
    If you're going with SS you should install the Really bad AI + RBAI settlement tweaks, it will noticeably increase the level of smartness of the AI, plus you have 3 types of strat map AI's to choose and there is also soulsons AI available for SS.

You can also install the Really bad AI with other big mods like Broken crescent, TATW and CaW.

ok cool thanks ill do that

I'm getting back into M2TW, but if memory serves there were a lot of broken traits/ancillaries/etc. and I was looking for something to fix them. I remember that I used to use BBB, but the later versions started adding extra things I didn't want. Most succinctly; is there a player patch that fixes things without adding a lot of extra content? Because, I think that's what I want. I looked in the modding forums but didn't see anything that really fits...

I do have Kingdoms if that's necessary for such a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic Warrior View Post
    You can find the tutorial under the SS subforums --> Guides and resources http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-amp-Resources

If you're going with SS you should install the Really bad AI + RBAI settlement tweaks, it will noticeably increase the level of smartness of the AI, plus you have 3 types of strat map AI's to choose and there is also soulsons AI available for SS.

You can also install the Really bad AI with other big mods like Broken crescent, TATW and CaW.
    I was just coming here to ask if people know some mods with SS that improves AI and makes game little harder etc. I like SS with more factions etc and i think i will try these ones out.

So really bad ai works with SS? How about TATW and Caw?

Quote Originally Posted by Phixion View Post
    So really bad ai works with SS? How about TATW and Caw?
    My last sentence in the quoted post explains that it will work for CaW, TATW, BC and maybe other mods as well, just check in the RBAI subforum to be 100% sure.

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

I am looking for an ancient mod,, besides Pitallica II. That contains a nice sized map of Europe, that contains at least Romans & 1 barbarian faction e.g: Germania, Gauls or Britannia. Something to do while waiting for EBII

OR
    A mod that is based on the wars of the east
    Something with factions like
    Ancient
    Mauryan
    Parthia
    Medieval
    Raj puts
    Arab empire
    etc..
    -any time frame, with at least 1 Indian faction.

Well, Broken Crescent stretches to the western India, and there is 1 or 2 Indian factions IIRC (there is at least one for sure). You get access to war elephants as well.

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks, what does iirc stand for, and do you know any mod with germania or gauls,

IIRC - If I recall correctly

Not really, buy you should check out the mod section for Kingdoms/M2

Vomar's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Hello.
    I am looking for a mod that let's you enjoy more freedom in the way you want to play, a mod that would for example let you take over Denmark as a Pagan king or be a christian arab warlord etc.
    I hate that you've got to be stuck with the pope if you were trying to play as a pagan Denmark and I was wondering if there were mods out there that put more depth in the gameplay?

Icon12 Re: Mod Questions and Recommendations Here

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    M2TW Modification Recommendations and Questions

Looking for that special mod, a mod that suits your needs, but you're new to the forums or you're just too damn lazy to look for it your self? Ask away here. Even if you're just looking for the most popular mod at the moment, this is the thread to cover your questions.

Hello , there i need your help ,
    the .txt.strings.bin files on the text folder are my only problem to mod the m2tw help me with these and your the best man.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You don't need to edit those, you edit the .txt file with the same name in the same folder, then delete it's strings.bin corespondent, when you launch the game it will recreate the strings.bin from the .txt

Laetus
    The home of the mighty Black Sabbath, The Shire, Green and Pleasant Land

Hi guys, I'm looking for advice on which of the "big" mods to go for. I've tried Stainless Steel, but - and this is not to say it isn't a great mod - it just wasn't to my taste. Third Age: Total War is recommended by a lot of people, but I wanna find a historial mod before trying fantasy, etc. Broken Crescent sounds awesome too but I wanna stick with the Eurpoean focus for now. Therefore, I'm considering either Chivalry II: The Sicilian Vespers, or Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod, or Lands To Conquer. As far as I can tell they are all pretty good, but I need some help deciding which to go for.
    The criteria which are most important are improved AI, both on the campaign map and the battle map, and historical accuracy. A diverse map and unit rosters would be cool too, plus a campaign with a grand, sweeping narrative. Balance is important too, in that I want the game to be at least moderately challenging without the AI being an obvious cheater XD. Opinions on which of ReallyBad, XAI, or Lusted's AI is the best would be welcome. Finally, eyecandy would be nice, of course, but this is way less important than the criteria already mentioned. If there are any small eyecandy mods which are easily installed alongside the "big" mods I would be happy for any suggestions.
    Thanks for the help

PS I'm not asking for much am I? XD

Quote Originally Posted by wizardmatt View Post
    Hi guys, I'm looking for advice on which of the "big" mods to go for. I've tried Stainless Steel, but - and this is not to say it isn't a great mod - it just wasn't to my taste. Third Age: Total War is recommended by a lot of people, but I wanna find a historial mod before trying fantasy, etc. Broken Crescent sounds awesome too but I wanna stick with the Eurpoean focus for now. Therefore, I'm considering either Chivalry II: The Sicilian Vespers, or Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod, or Lands To Conquer. As far as I can tell they are all pretty good, but I need some help deciding which to go for.
    The criteria which are most important are improved AI, both on the campaign map and the battle map, and historical accuracy. A diverse map and unit rosters would be cool too, plus a campaign with a grand, sweeping narrative. Balance is important too, in that I want the game to be at least moderately challenging without the AI being an obvious cheater XD. Opinions on which of ReallyBad, XAI, or Lusted's AI is the best would be welcome. Finally, eyecandy would be nice, of course, but this is way less important than the criteria already mentioned. If there are any small eyecandy mods which are easily installed alongside the "big" mods I would be happy for any suggestions.
    Thanks for the help

PS I'm not asking for much am I? XD
    My suggestion would be to drop some of your requirements and try something different to what you play normally. I only played historically correct mods in the beginning and would totally ignore anything that involved elves, goblins, trolls etc. Then by accident I stumbled over THERA and was blown away - it's a good story, a great map and you get to fight with units from the different eras of TW all in one. You already mentioned TATW - you should really try it, just shoot or eat (depending on faction) the Elves before they become a nuissance

If you don't mind playing on the RTW engine then Europa Barbaroum is still great fun.

I can't put down Roma Surrectum 2.... I absolutely love that period.... the game itself is horribly optimized however so performance issues drive me nuts.... so is there any mods that will turn Medieval 2 or Kingdoms and bring it back to the Roman Era ??

Laetus
    The home of the mighty Black Sabbath, The Shire, Green and Pleasant Land

@Phillip: thanks for the reply. TATW is something I wanna try at some point, plus I'll check out THERA too. On the subject of fantasy, anyone have any opinions on Call of Warhammer?

Anyone have any more historical recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    I can't put down Roma Surrectum 2.... I absolutely love that period.... the game itself is horribly optimized however so performance issues drive me nuts.... so is there any mods that will turn Medieval 2 or Kingdoms and bring it back to the Roman Era ??
    Europa Barbaroum 2, but I believe its still not finished.