Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Mod Questions and Recommendations Here

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    I have been playing mods on Barbarian Invasion for sometime now and am considering trying some mods for Kingdoms but I have 2 questions:
    1. Are their any set only in the middle east during the crusades
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=346

also are their any that strecth all the way to china?
    I'm fairly certain that I remember seeing a mod which covered the entire world. I can't find it at the moment. I will continue to look for it. Hopefully if I can't find it, someone else will be able to.

2. Are Mods for Medieval 2 and Kingdoms Mod Foldered Like most mods in Rome total war and BI? Just Curious, thanks.
    Yes

1. Are their any set only in the middle east during the crusades (I like playing as the kingdom of Jerusalem), also are their any that strecth all the way to china?
    Kingdoms Crusades give you two Crusader Kingdoms, though you probably now that. Broken Crescent stretches from the Near East up to Northern India (and is especially focused on the Kingdom of Jerusalem). You could say that the Broken Crescent map stretches UP to China. There was another mod in the works just on China, maybe that project is still alive. However, you have to realise there is a limit on the number of settlements and maximising geographical spread minimises entire kingdoms into tiny settlements.

Geoffrey, are you referring to this one?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=546936

Quote Originally Posted by PapaRosario View Post
    What I gave you is a script, so you would go to the campaign scripts file and insert it there.
    data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt

But like I said, this script is only for one settlement. You have to copy and paste the script in that file for each settlement if you want it to work properly.
    Thank you! Now understood, but there are minor issues:
    1. In what kind of place to throw a line in the document for each of the settlements? Top, bottom or middle?
    2. How to divide every four lines for each settlement among themselves?
    3. To embed a script in a similar fashion to choose only the first way to go to the folder mods right?

Sorry, I'm not really sure what you're asking here.
    It does not matter, it was an informative statement.

Quote Originally Posted by vilgelm View Post
    1. In what kind of place to throw a line in the document for each of the settlements? Top, bottom or middle?
    Doesn't matter too much as long as you don't put it in the middle of another script. You can just throw it in at the top if you want. Here, I'll give you an example. This is at the top of the campaign_script file. Just insert the script I gave you right under where it says "script" at the top.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;
    ; Campaign script
    ;
    script

monitor_event UnitTrained SettlementName Venice
    and TrainedUnitCategory infantry
    console_command add_population Venice -150
    end_monitor

and TrainedUnitCategory cavalry
    console_command add_population Venice -60
    end_monitor

and TrainedUnitCategory siege
    console_command add_population Venice -40
    end_monitor

and TrainedUnitCategory ship
    console_command add_population Venice -75
    end_monitor

; ---------------------
    ; counters

declare_counter Opened_Faction_Overview_Scroll
    declare_counter Opened_Settlement_Scroll
    declare_counter mongols_sarkel
    declare_counter mongols_yerevan
    declare_counter mongols_baghdad
    declare_counter timurids_sarkel
    declare_counter timurids_yerevan
    declare_counter timurids_baghdad

2. How to divide every four lines for each settlement among themselves?
    Not 100% sure what you are asking. Are you asking how you would change the script from Venice to another settlement? If so, you just replace every part of the script that says "Venice" with the name of another settlement.

3. To embed a script in a similar fashion to choose only the first way to go to the folder mods right?
    Are you asking how to use this script in a mod? If so, yes, you would go to the mods folder, then to the folder of the mod you want to add the script to, and then to the campaign_script file.

hey, is there a mod for extra regions and settlements. Like the sort that is in darthmod. I am running retrofit 1.0 and would like some extra regions to make the game feel a bit "fuller".

Darthmod uses border reiver or something like that and i found that quite enjoyable.

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by velve View Post
    hey, is there a mod for extra regions and settlements. Like the sort that is in darthmod. I am running retrofit 1.0 and would like some extra regions to make the game feel a bit "fuller".

Darthmod uses border reiver or something like that and i found that quite enjoyable.

For one, I know that Chivalry II: Sicilian Vespers uses all available regions (199 IIRC).

Not 100% sure what you are asking. Are you asking how you would change the script from Venice to another settlement? If so, you just replace every part of the script that says "Venice" with the name of another settlement.
    How to split a line, that is, what to write after end_monitor? Or columns do not need to share, just after writing end_monitor monitor_event UnitTrain .......?
    -----------
    console_command add_population Venice -75
    end_monitor

???? - What's written between the top and the bottom line

monitor_event UnitTrained SettlementName Russia
    and TrainedUnitCategory infantry
    -----------
    * For example, I wrote "Russia."

And I'm interested to see where the exact names of settlements, or modes of the original game? In what document?

And also, please tell me how to change the number of soldiers in the unit? The document export_descr_unit. Txt?

looks really cool thanks shikaka will download that next month as my bandwidth is up and its quite large.

Another REALLY important question I have for all you pro's out there.....What is the best AI mod around now as i said im running retrofit and I have tried various ai packages but I still seem to walk away from battles losing less than 200 men on VH. I am now on XAI4.0 and havent noticed too much of a change and i have run the original retrofit and still no hope of the AI coming close to beating me.

I would love to know what the most brilliant AI mod is, if it is CAI compatible with retrofit aswel that would be awesome, so mainly I am looking for the best CAI and BAI packages out there weather from different authors it makes no difference. looking forward to some suggestions

How to split a line, that is, what to write after end_monitor? Or columns do not need to share, just after writing end_monitor monitor_event UnitTrain .......?
    You don't have to put anything in between. You can just put end_monitor and on the next line monitor_event.

And I'm interested to see where the exact names of settlements, or modes of the original game? In what document?Txt?
    In the same folder as campaign_script, there's a file called descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup. All of the ones that end in "_Province" are the region names. All of the ones that do not end in "_Province" are the settlement names. For this script, you should only be interested in the settlement names.

And also, please tell me how to change the number of soldiers in the unit? The document export_descr_unit. Txt?
    Yes. For example, if I wanted to change the number of men in a Genoese Crossbowmen unit:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    type Genoese Crossbowmen
    dictionary Genoese_Crossbowmen ; Genoese Crossbowmen
    category infantry
    class missile
    voice_type Light
    banner faction main_missile
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Genoese_Crossbowmen, 48, 0, 0.8
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, hardy, can_withdraw, crossbow
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 3, square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 14, 2, steel_crossbow_bolt, 160, 30, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_pri_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr ap
    stat_sec 8, 2, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    ;stat_sec_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 6, 4, 6, metal
    ;stat_armour_ex 6, 8, 0, 0, 4, 6, 6, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 2
    stat_ground 1, 0, 2, 0
    stat_mental 5, normal, trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 18
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 600, 125, 75, 55, 600, 4, 150
    armour_ug_levels 3, 4
    armour_ug_models Genoese_Crossbowmen, Genoese_Crossbowmen_ug1
    ownership milan
    era 1 milan
    era 2 milan
    ;unit_info 8, 14, 16

It would be that number there. The highest it can go is 100 if you have Kingdoms or 60 if you don't have Kingdoms.

@PapaRosario
    Great! The required script! Thank you very much! I was looking for the opportunity for a long time. And is not so difficult. Interestingly, and in communities in other countries, which also controls the AI population will diminish?

@PapaRosario
    Great! The required script! Thank you very much! I was looking for the opportunity for a long time. And is not so difficult. Interestingly, and in communities in other countries, which also controls the AI population will diminish?
    Yes, the population will diminish for the AI also when they recruit troops. If you don't want the AI population to diminish, it would be very easy for me to adjust the script so the population only diminishes for you and not the AI.

Yes, the population will diminish for the AI also when they recruit troops. If you don't want the AI population to diminish, it would be very easy for me to adjust the script so the population only diminishes for you and not the AI.
    Oh no, I'm contrary like that! Just shine! I like realism, even more so the natural balance is established, and even the small towns of the enemy will no longer have huge armies.

The only problem came with the file "export_descr_unit", he does not want to keep. That is after I made changes to it, and after entering the game crash occurs and changes the file back to its original position. For sure I put the numbers are not correct ... I think all the infantry can be set to 100 in the file, then the game will be 250 men, cavalry - 60 people, then the game will be about 120 people. And with the numbers of engineers, I made a mess of siege ...

Geoffrey, are you referring to this one?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=546936
    Chinese Total War in Chinese, that seems certainly no small task.

But no, I just found the mod I had in mind, All Under Heaven.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1026

Apparently only one modder is currently actively working on the mod but it is an exciting project.
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; July 25, 2012 at 03:33 PM.

@PapaRosario
    Can I share this script with my friends in Russia? Perhaps many will want to implement it in the mods ...

@PapaRosario
    Can I share this script with my friends in Russia? Perhaps many will want to implement it in the mods ...
    Yeah that's fine. Share it with whoever you want. I'd be happy if some people were able to get some enjoyment out of it.

IIRC there is a limit to how much men you can put in a single unit. 240?
    http://e-sim.org/lan.126366/

Je t'aime ma petite chou!

100 is the size limit if you have Kingdoms (60 if you don't), and on huge battle scale all sizes get multiplied by 2.5. So 250 is the limit. And then you can have up to 3 officers I think. I'm not sure if you can have more, but the most I've ever seen used is 3. So I think 253 is the absolute maximum size for a unit, but it's possible that it could be a couple higher if you can have more officers.

I have been playing mods on Barbarian Invasion for sometime now and am considering trying some mods for Kingdoms but I have 2 questions:
    1. Are their any set only in the middle east during the crusades (I like playing as the kingdom of Jerusalem), also are their any that strecth all the way to china?
    2. Are Mods for Medieval 2 and Kingdoms Mod Foldered Like most mods in Rome total war and BI? Just Curious, thanks.
    1.The best mod for playing the Kingdom of Jerusalem is Broken Crescent (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=346). There are some really interesting map options in Eras: Total Conquest which includes maps that span from Europe to China and one that encompasses the whole world. You can even play as Ming China(http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=348293).

2. Yes, mods for Medieval II and Kingdoms are mod-foldered and generally don't cause conflicts. I have at least 10-15 installed.

adamtm's Avatar Laetus

Hi, If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated. I used to have dave scarface grand campaign mod a year or so ago, since then i re-installed my m2tw gold edition. I have tried to install KGCM, however when i install it into my mods folder when its finished installing there is not a .exe file in the folder. there is also an icon on my desktop 'KGCM' which when i double click/run as administrator my windows cmd flashes then nothing happens :/ any ideas guys ? someone mentioned something to do with steam version ? but i have no clue what that means, thanks, Adam.