Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Mod Questions and Recommendations Here

Quote Originally Posted by yellowberry View Post
    I mean I won't see any difference playing vanilla campaign with or without Kingdoms expansion?
    No, kingdoms doesn't change the vanilla campaign but as atthias said it will add 4 stand alone campaigns. I recommend you to install kingdoms too (patched to 1.5) because most of the M2TW great mods need kingdoms to run.
    Last edited by TheEmperor; May 14, 2016 at 07:03 AM.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Does anybody know of a mod which features a campaign map with "scorched Earth"? As in a black climate type.

I assume it might exist in a fantasy style mod, but I've never played those, and I did a quick search and couldn't find any info, so I thought I'd just ask here.

Hello guys, i searsh for a mod that makes playable teutonic in vanila retrofit campaign without changes of costs of army and army color etc, if you know something please write guys

Quote Originally Posted by Pupp1e View Post
    Hello guys, i searsh for a mod that makes playable teutonic in vanila retrofit campaign without changes of costs of army and army color etc, if you know something please write guys
    Kingdoms Grand Campaign mod brings most factions from Kingdoms campaigns to a more detailed, enlarged map without singnificant changes to unit balance, costs etc.. so this is probably closest to what you want. There's a bunch of submods too, depending on taste.

Hello everyone,
    I have been devouring the content on TW:W the last few days and quite a few people pointed at Medieval 2 and praised its mods. I think the ~55k threads suggest they are on to something. Lucky me I have it already on Steam.
    On to my question, I am a bit swamped on the plethora of options for Warhammer mods. What is the most popular one? What is the difference between CoW: Beginning of the End Times and Rage of the Dark Gods?
    Keep in mind I am a complete noob regarding the game, only played a couple games on vanilla.
    Thanks in advance.

Hello atax,
    The most popular warhammer fantasy mod for M2TW:K is Call of Warhammer (Rage of Dark Gods) and the Beginning of the End Times is one of its submods.

But about the differences of those:
    - BotET uses a larger map (from lustria to the moutains of mourn) than COW (from the empire lands to the dark lands).
    - COW uses a lot of scripts for spawning armies and events that has a more hard gameplay than BotET that is lightly scripted.
    - BotET has more factions (since its larger map) like lizardmen and Ogres and some new units.

Both of them are different experiences and it's upon you which you like more.
    But for now I recommend you to play BotET and wait for COW 1.6 to get a release (since it is beta now and a lot of players have problems with that) and for more information you can check their forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    Hello atax,
    The most popular warhammer fantasy mod for M2TW:K is Call of Warhammer (Rage of Dark Gods) and the Beginning of the End Times is one of its submods.

But about the differences of those:
    - BotET uses a larger map (from lustria to the moutains of mourn) than COW (from the empire lands to the dark lands).
    - COW uses a lot of scripts for spawning armies and events that has a more hard gameplay than BotET that is lightly scripted.
    - BotET has more factions (since its larger map) like lizardmen and Ogres and some new units.

Both of them are different experiences and it's upon you which you like more.
    But for now I recommend you to play BotET and wait for COW 1.6 to get a release (since it is beta now and a lot of players have problems with that) and for more information you can check their forum.
    That clears it up, thanks a lot! One final question, I thought that BotET was the latest release here and the COW 1.6 was the latest and stable release for the base game here.

Thanks a lot, this clears things up! I thought that CoW had a final 1.6 release and is the most stable one and the BotET is a most recent release. Is it the opposite?
    And regarding Third Age, 3.2 is the current version?

"Call of Warhammer 1.6 beta" (or Rage of Dark Gods, no differences just another name) is the latest release of the main mod and "Beginning of the End Times 1.01" is the latest and most stable release of the submod.
    But the most stable version for COW is 1.5 because 1.6 is beta and not compelete.

ThirdAge 3.2 is th last version and remember to apply this bugfix after installing 3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    "Call of Warhammer 1.6 beta" (or Rage of Dark Gods, no differences just another name) is the latest release of the main mod and "Beginning of the End Times 1.01" is the latest and most stable release of the submod.
    But the most stable version for COW is 1.5 because 1.6 is beta and not compelete.

ThirdAge 3.2 is th last version and remember to apply this bugfix after installing 3.2.
    Already done! Thanks a lot again!

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

Hello everyone, does anybody know some nice portrait mods?
    Will and act until victory

Anyone knows a Dark Ages mod?

Hi guys i just want only campaign ai mod for vanilla. i checked Ultimate AI packs only link it doesnt exist. i know it's too old.
    i play very hard it becomes veru much hard game. i like AI's actions though but when i killed their armies it will be spawn again and again.
    hard difficulty is very easy for me cuz other factions don't conquer new lands..

i play this game since 2009 how shame because of AI, everytime i get bored and uninstall whole game
    just i need balanced game.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Quote Originally Posted by apostrophefz View Post
    Anyone knows a Dark Ages mod?
    You should give Sicilian Vesper a try. They have a custom campaign covering the Dark Age.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonisttt View Post
    Hi guys i just want only campaign ai mod for vanilla. i checked Ultimate AI packs only link it doesnt exist. i know it's too old.
    i play very hard it becomes veru much hard game. i like AI's actions though but when i killed their armies it will be spawn again and again.
    hard difficulty is very easy for me cuz other factions don't conquer new lands..

i play this game since 2009 how shame because of AI, everytime i get bored and uninstall whole game
    just i need balanced game.
    You should try the Dark Age mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Desley View Post
    Hello everyone, does anybody know some nice portrait mods?
    Well, Bellum Crucis is a good shot, but there is also a sub-mod for TIW.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Hey there, I am looking for a mod that expands on vanilla and rebalances it, I tried Darth mod but felt too unbalanced and tried SS but didn't like the AI stack spamming. Is there such mod?Retrofit doesn't seem to work aswell

You should try the Grand Campaign Mod, it expands the Vanilla game quite well

Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    You should try the Grand Campaign Mod, it expands the Vanilla game quite well
    hi tried to open game with darth mod installed.. it gives startup CTD..classic encountered error thing. vanilla game is ok it doesn't give errors. so it's about the mod. what program you recommend to check crash logs for mtw2?
    btw i have mtw2 collection version which includes all patches. so doesn't it work on kingdoms?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...I-for-Kingdoms!

links in that thread doesn't work anymore.

pardon me last time i checked it says v1.52..

Maybe ModDB could be have a functional link.
    Did your already try it there?

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Hi guys, i need help. I have been trying to find a stainless steal thread for to ask that is there is a possible war to play as the Timurids in the SS mod but i have been trying that the last hour or so and unfortunately i have found nothing. I have just opened my forum account and this place is extremely confusing. Please, for gods sakes, this is extremely frustrating, please, someone, help me.