Page 231 of 231 FirstFirst ... 131 181 206 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231
Results 4,601 to 4,604 of 4604

Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Bug fixes modification

Does anyone know if there are any legit unoffical patches for medieval 2?

For example what drives me cray is cavalry chasing routing units keep stop chasing them and that sort (I am using 1.5 with kingdoms)

I just want to play Medieval II normal campaign.

And I'm looking for a patch or patches which the creator doesn't add stuff of his own flavor to it, like changing unit stats because it thinks it's not balanced, just looking for fixes not self proclaimed upgrades

Gigantus's Avatar I always insist on burying the hatchet. At night. Still dripping. Next to my opponent
    Artifex

Blog Entries

Default Re: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Here is my basic mod set up with a good number of fixes (check the history for details).

The chasing routing units issue is based on path finding problems when the routing unit has lost it's cohesiveness, eg the distance between individual soldiers is much larger then usual. I usually double click on a point ahead of them and then the chasers simply mow down everything up to that point.

Default Re: Bug fixes modification

Quote Originally Posted by mott View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any legit unoffical patches for medieval 2?

For example what drives me cray is cavalry chasing routing units keep stop chasing them and that sort (I am using 1.5 with kingdoms)

I just want to play Medieval II normal campaign.

And I'm looking for a patch or patches which the creator doesn't add stuff of his own flavor to it, like changing unit stats because it thinks it's not balanced, just looking for fixes not self proclaimed upgrades
    You can also try Jack Lusted's AI mod. It's hard to find but I posted a link to it awhile back. It does not fix bugs per say but it makes the AI a lot smarter.

The better campaign AI will actually keep alliances and your reputation with the AI won't suffer as much as it did. The AI will also attack with full stacked armies and better units.
    Plus the AI now builds forts to defend key areas and seems to be a bit more smarter overall. For battle AI they now have cavalry on the flanks, has better army formations and now plays much smarter. I think some bugs may have been fixed to make the AI play much better. Overall this mod is great and will work perfect for just M2 vanilla.

All it does is greatly improve the AI and nothing else so it won't change your game or the feel of vanilla. There is an official patch to help remove some of the bugs.

You mean there is another official patch beyond installing the gold edition of MW2 with 1.5 version on kingdoms?

Thanks for the mod I appreciate it, not yet being aware of encountering these bugs so I'll wait till I modification my game till something drives my nuts and breaks my gameplay
    Last edited by Frunk; September 13, 2017 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Posts merged.