Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Mod Questions and Recommendations Here

Quote Originally Posted by wizardmatt View Post
    @Phillip: thanks for the reply. TATW is something I wanna try at some point, plus I'll check out THERA too. On the subject of fantasy, anyone have any opinions on Call of Warhammer?

Anyone have any more historical recommendations?
    To blow my own trumpet: try The First Triumvirate (link in sig)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltic Warrior View Post
    Europa Barbaroum 2, but I believe its still not finished.
    EBII is pushing ahead at full steam, but there is no tentative delivery date yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    I can't put down Roma Surrectum 2.... I absolutely love that period.... the game itself is horribly optimized however so performance issues drive me nuts.... so is there any mods that will turn Medieval 2 or Kingdoms and bring it back to the Roman Era ??
    We have just started porting The First Triumvirate over to Kingdoms so expect this in early 2015

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

About roman era mod, De Bello Mundi which is an italian mod but will have english translation, is planned to be released relatively soon, the last series of testing will start in a few days, so I expect release in 2 or 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Giumbix View Post
    About roman era mod, De Bello Mundi which is an italian mod but will have english translation, is planned to be released relatively soon, the last series of testing will start in a few days, so I expect release in 2 or 3 months.
    I remember De Bello Mundi - you have been in business for a long time. I hope you don't translate everything - it should be a prerequisite to know latin before you are allowed to play ancient historic mods

Quote Originally Posted by King Philip II View Post
    I remember De Bello Mundi - you have been in business for a long time. I hope you don't translate everything - it should be a prerequisite to know latin before you are allowed to play ancient historic mods
    If that was the truth then 95%+ of the players would not be here

If that was the truth then 95%+ of the players would not be here
    Great! Less support queries = more time for modding

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by King Philip II View Post
    Sorry if I gave this impression, but I'm not part of their team, just a fan eager to play a roman era mod on M2TW.

@Giumbix - no worries at all. I'm quite sure that the mod team is pleased to be recommended.

/KP

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

Just out of curiosity, what are some of the most "active" modding communities for M2TW at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Mank View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what are some of the most "active" modding communities for M2TW at the moment?
    Not sure exactly what you mean with "modding community". The submodding community for TATW is very busy as always and there are plenty of mods on full steam (De Bello Mundi for M2TW, EBII etc.) - unfortunatly TFT2 is not among them

Sun Jetzu's Avatar Vicarius

Default Best Mod For M2

This is probably already a thread. But I couldnt find it, so if it is please combine. I just wanted to know what the best medieval 2 mod is? I have stainless steel now, but for stupid reasons i have to uninstall and download again. So i was thinking if theres something better out there. Like Europa Barborum for rome. I might add a poll, depending on the answers I get. I'm not sure what the ebst mod is out there right now.
    One Punch Man Series VS My Hero Academia Series - Who's Better?

Default Re: Best Mod For M2

If you're looking for something new, there are some very good Submods out there, for example SSMAP. I think there's no mod set in the middle ages equal to Stainless Steel in regards of ambition and scope.

I have to vote for "The Last Kingdom" -- it is a "Dark Ages" themed Total Conversion mod.

It hasn't received the kind of acclaim it deserves. It is good enough to have been sold as an extra expansion set. All the units are new, beautifully rendered with jaw-dropping detail and artistic feats.

Gameplay is quite a bit different from the Standard m2tw experience, but close enough for a player to get familiar. -- 4 Anglo-Saxon kingdoms, 2 Irish, The Scots, the Welsh, Norse-factions, Normans (Who can convert to Christianity and be as the classic 1066 type), Franks, , , Magyars coming in Hordes like Mongols -- except they're more like extortionists (wanting money) rather than conquerors.

Beautiful new map, CRAZY battles --

the main reason this mod hasn't done so well in terms of Broad Appeal, is because the EDU stats are a bit too high for "Defense Skill" -- that means the battles by default take way longer than Vanilla battles..
    but its soo easy to change, just reduce ALL units "defense skill" by 5 or 10 -- that will speed up the duration of melee.

really though, I think the most popular mods will be Lord of the Rings and S.S. -- but that doesn't necessarily make them 'the best'.. Consider the work, effort, and raw-talent of a small team "ornamentum" (i believe) who created TLK seemingly 'out of nowhere'...

I can't believe you couldn't find a thread, this is one of the most commonly asked questions. The answers are usually Stainless Steel, Third Age: Total War (my favourite) and Broken Crescent. For a complete list, with descriptions, go to http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Categor...cations_-_MTW2

wow another thread.....

ByzantinePeasant's Avatar Libertus

One of my favourite M2TW mods is Chivalry 2: Siccilian Vespers , a fun and challanging mod.

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Is there a mod for Medieval (and Rome) which implements the diplomatic "screen" from empire - shogun 2?
    When you vote for a new pope you can talk with the other Christian factions directly from there, so it may be possible?

There might be a screen in a specific mod, but you'll not get the functionality. It's also much more interesting to make sure you have your diplomats in teh right place at the right time

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Zheng View Post
    Is there a mod for Medieval (and Rome) which implements the diplomatic "screen" from empire - shogun 2?
    When you vote for a new pope you can talk with the other Christian factions directly from there, so it may be possible?
    This might actually be possible, but it would be tricky - you would have to create a new type of an agent with the same attributes as a cardinal, but with negotiations as a skill instead of piety, and give one to each faction and preferably stuff him away in some unseen and inacessible part of the map so he cant be killed. Then you make an event that is just like the one that you get when you vote for the new pope, in this screen you can enter diplomacy mode with any of the factions that have such a diplomat. You also make this event happen every turn. This way you can access diplomacy with any faction as many times as you want. Only problem with this is that there will also be a vote for something(in the case of the actual cardinals it would be for the new pope, but in this case... im not sure). Also, with time the diplomats will eventually get old and die, you could make them recruitable though.

This is just a idea of mine, im no modder, so I dont know if this is actually possible.

This might actually be possible, but it would be tricky - you would have to create a new type of an agent with the same attributes as a cardinal, but with negotiations as a skill instead of piety, and give one to each faction and preferably stuff him away in some unseen and inacessible part of the map so he cant be killed. Then you make an event that is just like the one that you get when you vote for the new pope, in this screen you can enter diplomacy mode with any of the factions that have such a diplomat. You also make this event happen every turn. This way you can access diplomacy with any faction as many times as you want. Only problem with this is that there will also be a vote for something(in the case of the actual cardinals it would be for the new pope, but in this case... im not sure). Also, with time the diplomats will eventually get old and die, you could make them recruitable though.

This is just a idea of mine, im no modder, so I dont know if this is actually possible.
    This is actually a really awesome idea I'm not sure that this is what OP is looking for, but it gave me a good idea, so thanks a bunch!

/KP

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Vlad Dracula mod

Hey! Is there a mod that focuses on Historical Dracula?