Thread: Any Help

Default Any Help

I need help on where to go next year. There is two kids going so it will have to be appropriate for them, although now they are more teenagers so a pool will occupy them. It has to be somewhere hot, i was thinking about Kerala or Thailand but the Carribean also looks nice. Any suggestions?

yxc qwert!'s Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Any Help

Balaton. Or Croatia.
    REMOVE KEBAB FROM PREMISES

Thailand, definitely.

Thailand is a great country, and extremely tourist-friendly. You will find the perfect Asian city in Bangkok, with temples, markets and much more to visit. Tours, that you can organize in your hotel's lobby, can take you on a two hour drive to rain-forests, coconut sugar refineries, elephant rides (I'm sure your two kids will love this), boat rides, and so much more. Food in Bangkok is near perfect. You will be able to eat proper Thai cuisine in proper Thai restaurants. Thai Cuisine contains so much varieties that you won't be able to taste it all before it's time to leave Bangkok.

By leave Bangkok, I certainly don't mean leave Thailand, but moving to another part of Thailand; Phuket. Phuket is regarded by many as the perfect paradise on Earth. The experience of Phuket starts in the airplane, during the decent into Phuket's airport. As you look out of the window, you will see some of the best scenery you've ever seen, such as amazing islands and small resorts in the shores of some of these islands. When the airplane finally lands, you will directly feel in a place completely different, and will leave the airplane with a smile on your face.

When in Phuket, you can either relax in some of the best beaches in the world, or, if your the adventurous kind, you can book some tours from your hotel. These tours are different than the ones in Bangkok, in tours like this, you'll be taken into a speedboat, then, using the speedboat, you'll be taken into exciting, mini-paradise islands (such as the Koh Phi Phi Islands). I can tell you this, the minute you land in one of these islands, you will know the true meaning of the word 'Breathtaking'.

The above is from what I experienced in Thailand. Because I really liked the experience of Thailand, I want to share it here. I hope this article helps you and anyone else reading this.

For photos of this paradise I'm talking about: http://www.phuket-photos.com/ .

Thanks for taking your time in reading this.
    Last edited by PurpleScotch; April 18, 2008 at 02:18 AM.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Bali

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Only problem with Phuket is if you have children is that they may think it funny to pronouce the name phoenetically as much as possible and try to get away with it.

(I know I would and I'm 20 and allowed to swear)
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Thailand is great, but increasingly unstable. I have a friend who lives there and he writes me every week with something new. The Thai military, along with US advisors started a fairly significant campaign to root out Islamic militants. The general consensus is that things will get worse before they get better. Some parts of Thailand, and surrounding Islands, are no-go zones for tourists.

Just something to think about, not at all a reason to not visit Thailand.

It depends what you want. If you want to feel like you've experienced a different culture, then Kerala or Thailand is the answer. Southern India is supposed to be amazing. If you simply want to lay up in splendor, around ocean that is as clear as a glass of drinking water, then you cant beat the Caribbean. Not much interesting culture there, but they are the kings of relaxation.
    Last edited by mrmouth; April 18, 2008 at 01:19 PM.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

hey... in the South the problems are not because of Islam, its because they are Jawis, more related to Malays, I live in a town with Muslim majority but they are Thais and they think like Thais... in the North the Muslim population is largely Bengalis and Chinese and they dont have problems either, its more of a racial than religious issue in Pattani...it used to be a kingdom, it ceased to be a kingdom and it wants to become a kingdom again (or maybe a dar u salam (oh,i love irony.. if u know what the name means))

anyways... go to the North then if you dont want to see terrorists (u will see rambo instead haha).. its not like the whole country is in an Iraqi condition..... thai and southern indian cultures are very similar, they're the pre Islamic Vedic cultures (no, most of us are browns not chinks with chopsticks) if you are travelling there, mail me, i can drive to BKK or something and meet you and probably can help u (no, my sister isnt a whore, my dad isnt a cold war american vet. and i dont deal drugs and i wont try to rip off your green bills....if you are a hispanophone or a francophone i can do tours for u in fr or sp... with extra charges.. lol kidding.. for free)

ps. in SAn Franc. right now but will try to be back this month, if you decide to travel there tell me or smth....i wont plant drugs in your bag.... (incredible, right?) haha ill be meeting a TWC member over there as well...
    Last edited by Pivra; April 18, 2008 at 12:33 PM.

Ok, thanks for everyone for the commments, I think we have now decided to go Phuket, thank for the info.

One more thing, how do I + rep people?

You need 50 posts, after that then you just click .