Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Custom Campaign Mod 2 Released

nemr's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Custom Campaign Mod 2 Released

do you have medieval gold edition..?

is your problem like this ..?
    Last edited by nemr; October 14, 2008 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nemr View Post
    do you have medieval gold edition..?

is your problem like this ..?
    Yep just like as the screenshot you had provided. However from some of the responses from that thread I think I already have MTW2 1.3 installed and I do have original copies of vanilla and the expansion pack.

nemr's Avatar Miles

if you don`t use a copy for the game ,take a look on your private messages

im from iran and in my country filefront.com has filtered. pleas upload other link or torrent link. thanks
    I'm returned again...

great job

does anyone know how can i make campaigns myself?

I introduced the stone forts.
    Mod STRONGHOLD : http://rapidshara.ru/63685

Folder data throw in the directory: mods \ custom_campaign_2 the replacement files.

LawL_LawL's Avatar Ducenarius

Hi

I'm new to the forum, but I've been a fan to the total war series since shogun. So far, this mod seems awesome, however I find Russia an interesting faction to play with, but underpowered. And playing the hotseat campaign, one of my friends played Mongols, rushed my lonely little Novgorod city only faction, and wiped me out by turn 6, at a great loss due to my surperior tactics, but crushed me none the less. Can somebody please make a version of Custom Campaign 2, but with more teritorrial realism, like having Smolensk, Bulgar, Riga, Helsinki, Kiev, Vilnius, ect, be part of Russia? because realistically, I think city states would have joined up to make a Mongol resistant country. And if im wrong, then another reason would be to balance out gameplay, because Russia only has Novgorod as a city, and the entire faction's armies combined, are only little over one full stack, where as the Mongols, get Sarkel, as a city I think, but regarless of that they get a total combined force of about 3.5 full stacks. And since my friend loves taking Mongols to piss everyone off, and I usually take Russia for the different gameplay, it really gets annoying. Oh and one more thing, if no one is willing to do this, then will someone be willing to tell me how to do this myself?

LawL

great mod, but I have a problem, there are listened the voices of any faccions (timurids, Mongolian, Pole, Hungarian, etc) neither in the map nor in the speeches of the general. Since I solve it?
    I have the v1.04

Is there any version or earlier version that doesnt need factions?
    Yeah Baby

Kids cover them ears!

Sab99's Avatar Tiro

Hi guys,

Just tried downloading this mod, but filefront is totally wrecked, I don't even get the download page to load properly!

Is this a know problem and will it be fixed? Or are there any other download links?

Thanks!

I have 2 questions,for this version do I have to erase ver. 1,02 and do the saves of 1,02 work at version 2 ????
    Last edited by Charnel; February 04, 2009 at 03:49 PM.

I downloaded this mod and attempted to install and I recieved the following error message:

"ERROR: Setup was unable to find a valid Medieval II Total War installation.
    Custom Campaign Mod 2 requires Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms version 1.05.000.
    Setup aborted."

I have the 1.5 patch though. Please try to help me answer my questions:

Is the 1.5 patch running correctly? and how can I check this? (I see stone forts in the Crusades campaign, which was a fix from the patch, so I THINK it's working...)

Why am I receiving the error? and how can I fix it so that the mod will install correctly?

I have had a similar problem when trying to install the Retrofit Mod 1.0 (which I haven't gotten to work either)

Thank you in advance for all of your asistance.
    Last edited by sideswipe; February 20, 2009 at 03:44 PM.

I had the same problem, there is a new patch for kingdoms you can find it in the forum just search a bit I am a very lazy man even I found it so you will find it dont worry. I hope it helps.

Civis

For anyone who doesnt know about how to fix the Gold Disc problem, then I think you MUST NOT patch to 1.5.

At least I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattzo12 View Post
    For anyone who doesnt know about how to fix the Gold Disc problem, then I think you MUST NOT patch to 1.5.

At least I think.
    Care to elaborate? Do the mods not REQUIRE 1.5?

The M2TW Gold Edition (which contains M2TW Kingdoms as well) needs the 1.5 patch (which patches the Kingdoms portion of the game). My Google link is http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&a...i=&safe=images

The first one should be it. It is http://www.gamershell.com/download_24606.shtml at this site if Google has changed a bit. Note that this is the US patch. The EU patch should be on that Google page. If not, I'm sure you can find it using Google or whatever search engine you want.

First time player, love the mod. Been away from the game for 7 months, needed some new life. Playing as the Aztecs and having a good time.

When I played regularly, I discovered how to mod/add ancilliaries, character traits, building availability, building bonuses, etc etc. I noticed playing as the Aztecs that all of my generals were getting the BadTrader trait. Looking at export_descr_character_traits.txt, I see

Trigger not_building_trade
    WhenToTest GovernorBuildingCompleted

Condition SettlementBuildingExists >= wooden_wall
    and not SettlementBuildingExists >= corn_exchange

Affects BadTrader 1 Chance 100

(and yea, I realized theres a change to get badtrader upon adoption. I negated the trait, had the best plaza, and he still gets badtrader)

This trigger is run for every general, no? Aztecs cant build the corn exchange line, just the plaza line. My assumption is this - I'm hosed due to a 'and not SettlementBuildingExists >= marketplace' line missing.

The meso trader trigger is the same as above, but corn_exchange is replaced with marketplace. Wouldn't this, too, doom the Old World generals to a perpetual BadTrader trait? I merely commented out the meso trigger and added the 'and not SettlementBuildingExists >= marketplace' line to the first trigger.

Due to my 7 months of not playing, my modding knowledge has left me. Will altering the txt file accomplish what I'm aiming to do? I remember altering the in game text for the merchants guild HQ with some program...I can't for the life of me remember what the hell it's called.

*time passes*

Ok, did some digging, I guess I unpacked some pak and used the strings_bin_converter.py to convert the bin to txt. I swear I had a program that allowed me to edit the bins directly. Bah.

This is a really fun mod so far. But I have a few questions now that I'm a few turns into my newest campaign.

First, where are certain new units from, like the infantry Bodyguard unit for Scotland? Is that a Kingdoms campaign unit? (I've only played the Crusades campaign so far). This is my first time playing as Scotland, so I don't even know if it's a regular vanilla unit

My concern is the fact that this particular unit is an infantry General that's cheap to build and has extremely cheap upkeep. Seems unbalanced, since I can use these generals to assault walls, and just keep pumping them from my castle. I don't foresee ever losing a battle on the walls with these units.

If this is one of those units that was part of the original game but never activated I'm fine with it. If it's a unit that was never part of the game but the author felt was nice to add, I'm not so fine with it.

This is also my first ever M2TW mod, so I have to ask another question: Are there late general's bodyguard units in this mod? And if so, how/when do I get them?

Last, is the Grand Unit Addon Mod compatible with this? I'd love to use both at the same time, including the stone forts.

Hey can I give the Aztecs merchants some how, I don't care if they don't look Aztecy I just want to use the resoces in America. Also can I some how make Saxons playble, even if I can't give them new units.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast