Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Custom Campaign Mod 2 Released

Default Re: Custom Campaign Mod 2 Released

when im playing as the papal states how do i get enquisitors and how do i excommunicate people or can i do either of those

fumle's Avatar Civis
    Denmark, the little black spot in europe...

Well, about your inqusters they spawn randomly at the map (for free) but it ain't often, and they will disappear again after some turns. it migth takes some time before you get your first one, so check the agent scroll each turn.

You can exommunicate a faction by attacking them.

/Fumle

Is this mod installable w/ Steam? Or will it not work due to the Steam version not being updated to 1.5 yet?

The Custom Campaign mod is designed to work with Kingdoms version 1.5 but can be installed on earlier versions of Kingdoms. Additionally, my mods may not install correctly for steam versions of Kingdoms due to differences in the Steam installation of M2TW and Kingdoms. You will need to check out the thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=132197

This is a great mod thanks for posting. One question, when playing tyrolia i can no longer seem to withdraw my troops when im attacking during a pitched battle or a siege. Has this been changed? And is there a way i can change it back? At the moment the withdraw icon is permenantly greyed out.

hi cant u add voices and sound to unlocked factions timurids mongols aztecs cuz they dont talk if u choose a character would be better if u did inform me if u can

Quote Originally Posted by pope gregory View Post
    hi cant u add voices and sound to unlocked factions timurids mongols aztecs cuz they dont talk if u choose a character would be better if u did inform me if u can
    Are you playing Custom Campaign Mod 1.02 or Custom Campaign Mod 2? I know there was some missing audio for these factions in CCM 1.02 but I thought I added it for CCM 2. If you have Kingdoms and are using CCM 1.02, I recommend you download and try CCM 2.

oh ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken Knight View Post
    DOWNLOAD:
    =========

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1953

========================================
    REQUIRES MEDIEVAL II TOTAL WAR: KINGDOMS
    ========================================

TABLE OF CONTENTS
    =================
    =================

1.0 OVERVIEW
    2.0 FEATURES
    2.1 RETROFIT MOD
    2.2 CUSTOM CAMPAIGN MAPS
    2.3 HISTORICAL AND MULTIPLAYER SCENARIO BATTLES
    2.4 TECH TREE REBALANCING
    2.5 KINGDOMS UNITS
    2.6 MISCELLANEOUS
    3.0 INSTALLATION
    4.0 LAUNCHING THE MOD
    5.0 CAVEATS AND KNOWN ISSUES
    6.0 CONTACT AND SUPPORT INFORMATION
    7.0 LEGAL INFORMATION
    8.0 CREDITS

1.0 OVERVIEW
    ============

The Custom Campaign Mod 2 adds additional gameplay and content for Medieval II Total War (M2TW): Kingdoms. It includes all changes and content from the Retrofit Mod and the original Custom Campaign Mod with additional content, fixes, tweaks and improvements.

The major features of the Custom Campaign Mod 2 are:

- Retrofit Mod: Adds many common features, fixes and improvements from Kingdoms including AI support armies, boiling oil, additional battle maps and hotseat multiplayer.
    - Custom Campaign Maps: 8 Custom campaigns have been created and can be accessed from the single player and hotseat multiplayer front end menu.
    - Historical and Multiplayer Scenario Battles: The historical and multiplayer scenario battles from Medieval II: Total War have been modified to unlock all battle maps and factions for both single and multiplayer.
    - Tech Tree Rebalancing: Campaign recruitment has been significantly rebalanced, nearly all faction units are recruitable (including generals) and upkeep costs have been approximately halved.
    - Kingdoms Units: Some of the Kingdoms units have been added including the Greek Firethrower, Mangonels and Spaish Dragoons.
    - Installer: The mod is packaged with an easy to use installer for computers with a valid installation of M2TW: Kingdoms.

2.0 FEATURES
    ============

2.1 RETROFIT MOD
    ----------------

- AI Support Armies: Provides the option to issue orders to Allied AI armies or your own reinforcing armies.
    - Boiling Oil: Gates in cities and castles have boiling oil defences.
    - 4 Additional custom battle maps: New custom and multiplayer battle maps available (Backwoods, Borderlands, Forts, Trenches).
    - Unit rebalancing: Rebalancing of costs and battle stats for various units.
    - AI Unit Recruitment tweaks: AI recruits more varies and/or balanced campaign armies.
    - Campaign AI Tweaks: AI factions prefer to attack factions as part of win conditions.
    - Hotseat Multiplayer: Hotseat multiplayer campaigns available in the front end menu.
    - Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements: Various Kingdoms bug fixes and improvements.

2.2 CUSTOM CAMPAIGN MAPS
    ------------------------

- Tyronia: A unique fictional custom campaign map containing 17 playable factions including the aztecs, mongols, timurids, papal_states and rebels.
    - Iberian Peninsular: An enlarged subsection of the Iberian Peninsula from the Grand Campaign.
    - Northern Europe: A North European subsection of the grand campaign.
    - North-Western Europe: A North-West European subsection of the grand campaign.
    - Britain: A small North-West European (Britain) subsection of the grand campaign.
    - Southern Europe: A South Eurpean subsection of the grand campaign.
    - South-Westhern Europe: A South-West European subsection of the grand campaign.
    - Alternative Grand Campaign: The Grand Campaign with modifications to support playable Aztecs, Mongols, Timurids and Rebels.
    - Optional 'Hide Campaign' checkbox added to Campaign Front End to hide the campaign map under fog of war.
    - Front End support for single player and hotseat multiplayer custom campaigns.

2.3 HISTORICAL AND MULTIPLAYER SCENARIO BATTLES
    -----------------------------------------------

- Multiplayer Battle Scenarios enabled for single player (under Historical Battles).
    - Historical Battles enabled for multiplayer (under Scenarios).
    - All Armies selectable in Historical Battles.
    - NOTE: AI SCRIPTING HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM HISTORICAL BATTLES TO SUPPORT MULTIPLAYER AND FULL ARMY SELECTION.

2.4 TECH TREE REBALANCING
    -------------------------

- Approximately halved upkeep costs for all units.
    - City building chain now only produces militia type units for most factions.
    - Castle building chain now only produce peasant type units for most factions.
    - Free upkeep flag added to all militia and peasant type units.
    - Free upkeep slots added to castle building chain.
    - Tuned down free upkeep for city building chain.
    - Boyguard units (Generals) can now be trained/retrained in high level core buildings.
    - Added nearly all missing M2TW units to tech tree.
    - Enabled more factions access to high level buildings.
    - Increased recruitment times for ships, artillery and siege weapons to two turns.
    - Rebalanced initials sizes, replenishment rates, and max sizes for nearly all unit pools.
    - Added Aztec tech tree from Kingdoms Americas.
    - Rebalanced recruitment costs for a range of Aztec, Mongol and Timurid units.
    - Added Mongol, Timurid and Aztec agents (except Princesses).

2.5 KINGDOMS UNITS
    ------------------

- New World Cuirassers (England, France)
    - Spanish Dragoons (Spain)
    - Mangonel (all factions except Aztecs and Rebels)
    - Greek Firethrower (Byzantium, Rebels)
    - Archontopoulai (Byzantium)
    - Alamanoi (Byzantium, Rebels)
    - Pronoia Infantry (Byzantium)
    - Byzantine Gunners (Byzantium)
    - Ghulams (Egypt, Rebels)
    - Dismounted Ghulams (Egypt, Rebels)
    - Khassaki (Egypt)
    - Sibyan al Khass (Egypt)
    - Al Haqa Infantry (Egypt)
    - al Ashair (Egypt)
    - Khasseki (Egypt)
    - Abid al Shira (Egypt)
    - Mamluk Handgunners (Egypt)
    - Hasham (Turks)
    - Dismounted Hasham (Turks)
    - Iqta'dar (Turks)
    - Kurdish Auxiliaries (Turks)
    - Turkish Crossbowmen (Turks)
    - Ahdath (Turks)
    - Sami Axemen (Denmark)
    - Gotland Footmen (Denmark)
    - Svenner (Denmark)

2.6 MISCELLANEOUS
    -----------------

- Alternative campaign settlement order indicator colour scheme (finer grain red->green gradient instead of [red, blue, yellow, green] steps).
    - Unlocked Saxons, Normans and rebels for custom battles.
    - Missing text/art for Saxons, Normans, Mongols, Timurids and Rebels added where appropriate.
    - Added show date and seasons icons on hud command line preference.
    - Added unlimited men on battlefield command line preference.
    - Added battle editor command line preference.
    - Leader Campaign Models: Faction leaders use some of the Kingdoms leader models in campaign and battle.
    - Added Mesoamerican Town and Large Town battle settlement models.
    - Added Mesoamerican text and Images from Americas.
    - Added Native American accent from Americas.
    - Added various sounds from the Kingdoms campaigns.

3.0 INSTALLATION
    ================

To install the Custom Campaign Mod 2, simply run the supplied executable file. If you have a valid installation of M2TW: Kingdoms, installation setup will automatically determine the installation path for the Custom Campaign Mod 2.

The Custom Campaign Mod 2 installs all game files into a separate mod path and does not modify any existing M2TW or M2TW: Kingdoms files. This protects the existing M2TW and M2TW: Kingdoms installations and allows multiple mods to be run from the same M2TW installation.

Installation consists of three main components:

- Required Custom Campaign Mod 2 Files: Core files required to install and use the Custom Campaign Mod 2. (REQUIRED)
    - Historical and Multiplayer Scenario Battle Files: Historical and multiplayer scenario battles in the Custom Campaign Mod 2 modified to unlock all battle maps and factions. (OPTIONAL)
    - Copy M2TW Custom Battle Files: The installer can copy the custom battle files from the original M2TW installation. (OPTIONAL)

4.0 LAUNCHING THE MOD
    =====================

The Custom Campaign Mod 2 can be launched via a number of methods:

- Start menu shortcut
    - Desktop icon
    - M2TW game launcher (English)
    - Batch file located in: [M2TW Path]\mods\custom_campaign_2\medieval2_custom_campaign_2.bat

5.0 CAVEATS AND KNOWN ISSUES
    ============================

- This Mod is designed to be used with Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms version 1.05.000. This mod will install and run on earlier versions of Kingdoms with the exception of the 'Hide Campaign' checkbox.
    - All AI scripting has been removed from Historical Battles to support their inclusion in multiplayer and to make all armies playable. This may cause extremely different AI behaviour than the vanilla historical battles in Medieval II: Total War.
    - No attempt has been made to adhere to any historical accuracy in the creation of this Mod. Where subjectively appropriate, historical accuracy may have been sacrificed for gameplay or other factors.
    - Some unlocked factions may not have all correct audio, text and other game data.
    - Unit recruitment options are not displayed on building information scrolls if playing as the Rebels.
    - This Mod often generates and logs numerous ignorable errors and warnings when logging is enabled via the command line.
    - This Mod may not install and/or run correctly for some downloadable distribution methods of M2TW or M2TW: Kingdoms.

6.0 CONTACT AND SUPPORT INFORMATION
    ===================================

Support for the Custom Campaign Mod 2 is provided through the Total War forums:

www.totalwarforums.com
    www.twcenter.net/forums

For non-support related enquiries, the Author of the Retrofit Mod can be contacted directly at:

unspokenknight@gmail.com

Due to work, family and other commitments, the Author may not be able to reply or a may take some time to reply to any enquiries. Please do not contact the Author of the Custom Campaign Mod 2 directly for support.

7.0 LEGAL INFORMATION
    =====================

This is an unofficial Mod for Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms. SEGA and the Creative Assembly do not endorse or support this Mod.

All right, title, interest and ownership rights in this Mod belong to the Author of this Mod (as far as is legally possible).

The Author of this Mod (and for the avoidance of doubt SEGA and The Creative Assembly) will not be held responsible for the risks connected with any loss (financial or otherwise), damage to property, lost data, console, computer or handheld device failure, errors and lost business or other information as a result of possession, use or malfunction of this Mod.

8.0 CREDITS
    ===========

AUTHOR: Scott "Unspoken Knight" Lowther

Thanks to the entire Medieval II Total War and Kingdoms development teams, Creative Assembly, SEGA and the entire Total War community.

Tools used in the development of this mod include The Gimp, Inno Setup and Alpacca's Texture Converter

Please also download and try the following Mods and Tools by the Author of the Custom Campaign Mod 2:

- "Retrofit Mod" for Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms
    - "Hotseat Launcher" for Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms
    - "Custom Campaign Mod" for Medieval II: Total War
    Did you add imams to mongols timurids and i cant wait to see how aztec agents look like

im not using kingdoms is there one with added things for normal MTW2 plz tell me i wasted time by downloading this i didnt realise i needed MTW2 kingdoms

why dose this need kingdoms can i use with normal MTW2 please reply i erally want this mod and i dont have kingdoms

CCM2 is my second CCM mod which requires the Kingdoms exe for certain features, bug fixes and improvements. You can try CCM 1.02 for M2TW. It doesn't require kingdoms but is missing some of the extras from CCM2. Check out the thread below for more info.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100492

i have 1.02 i have a question why dont mongols and timurids have imams when i put a imam character in descr_strat file he appeared on map but i cant recruit them

You need to add them to the "export_descr_buildings.txt" file to make them available for recruiting. You should be able to add the timurids and mongols faction labels to the list of factions for the existing middle eastern priests. Just make sure you back up the original file, don't make any typos and keep a "," character after the last faction. Any errors in this file will stop the game from running.

Ducenarius

This is the best mod I have played so far. I`ve been playing it hundreds of hours and I`m very close to achieving total victory now. It gives completely new life to M2TW. Thank you.

Is there a working download link? When will people realize Filefront blows?

"Let them hate as long as they fear" (Caligula)

When I try to run the mod, I get the message

Wrong disc inserted.
    Please insert the original "MED2GOLD" CD/DVD.
    Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=wrongdisc for further, more detailed information.

What should I do about this? I have tried M2TW Disc 1 and the Kingdoms Disk. I have valid, legal copies of both of these and have version 1.05.0000.

Please Help!
    "The Moving Finger Writes and having writ moves on nor all thy piety nor wit can lure it back to cancel even half a line nor all thy tears wash out a single word" (Omar Khayyam).

I think that probably my greatest achievement was introducing Ozymandias to these boards.

Double Post by accident, please delete.
    "The Moving Finger Writes and having writ moves on nor all thy piety nor wit can lure it back to cancel even half a line nor all thy tears wash out a single word" (Omar Khayyam).

I think that probably my greatest achievement was introducing Ozymandias to these boards.

I tried to download this mod for 10 days and everyday it says we have a technical problem can you please upload again or fix the problem, will be much appreciated ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus of Byzantium View Post
    When I try to run the mod, I get the message

Wrong disc inserted.
    Please insert the original "MED2GOLD" CD/DVD.
    Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=wrongdisc for further, more detailed information.

What should I do about this? I have tried M2TW Disc 1 and the Kingdoms Disk. I have valid, legal copies of both of these and have version 1.05.0000.

Please Help!
    I too have this problem occuring when I have just installed the latest 1.05 patch for Kingdoms and the mod on top of that.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast