Thread: Battle CTD?

Default Battle CTD?

Hi,

Today, when I tried to fight the KH in a large battle and after I deployed the troops and clicked Battle, the game would freeze.

I am the Romani and I have a reinforcement army coming into the battle and the KH army does as well.

I can normally fight KH with no problem and the turn before, I fought off a large KH army with no problems.

I am using EB 1.0 still to continue my Romani campaign and I am using no mods. I have installed all the permanent fixes for 1.0. I have read the reinforcement CTD thread and tried using the two temporary fixes, however they do not work. I've tried to play the battle without the background script and also with all settings on low. Everything still results in freezing after I press that button.

Here is my save file:
    http://uploaded.to/?id=63c4aj

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by falls180; April 16, 2008 at 08:05 PM.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Battle CTD?

The reinforcement CTD occurs at the end of the battles, so that wouldn't be the one you're experiencing.

What size of armies are fighting? Is it way more than you've ever faced before? It could be that your system lacks the ability to handle a fight with four armies just because of the number of men.

My advice would be simply to avoid the battle and try to fight the armies in another way.

Default Re: Battle CTD?

Yeah, I don't know what the problem was, but I allowed the enemy army to move away and siege one of my cities. When they tried to attack the city, I was able to play the battle with no problems.