Thread: VIII Election thread - Your candidacy, campaigning and general debate thread

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

Default VIII Election thread - Your candidacy, campaigning and general debate thread

We are starting early to allow everyone the opportunity to post their candidacies, do a little campaigning depending on your budget and should you wish, debate with those running for office.
    Remember, you have till Friday to post your candidacy as elections will begin promptly on Saturday.

If you have no idea as to why this is happening so early......
    read -
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2932080&postcount=77

Available Positions to be voted on.
    Consul - Senior and Junior
    Praetor
    Tribune of the Plebes

The rest as you know are appointed.
    Good luck and may the force be with you.
    Last edited by Caesar Rex; April 27, 2008 at 03:20 AM.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Default Re: VIII Election thread - Your candidacy, campaigning and general debate thread

I, Quintus Marius Parthicus, decide to run for Praetor this term.

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: VIII Election thread - Your candidacy, campaigning and general debate thread

I,Tiberius Octavius Ulpianus,declare my candidacy as a Senior Consul.

O Sancta Simplicitas!

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

I shall run for tribune of plebes
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

I, Spurius Vitruvius Habitus, Declare my candidacy for Senior Consul!
    Caeso Decimus Crassus (32)

Kneißl's Avatar Semisalis

I, Commdvs Flavivs Aelivs wish to run for Praetor.
    Last edited by Kneißl; April 18, 2008 at 05:26 PM.

Mathias Kneißl - Kampf Um Europa
    | Raiba Kneißl - GSTK

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

I hereby declare my candidacy for tribune of the plebs

People of Rome.
    My name is Servius Labienus, son of Servius Labienus Africanus.
    Consul three times of Rome, the conquerer of Africa, the defender of Arretium, liberator of Massilia and last but not least Plebeian like all of you.
    Now he is being sent to Massilia again to liberate the people from the clutches of the gallic horde.
    All he asks of you, people of Rome - Is that you honour his name by giving me, his first born son the chance to walk in his footsteps.
    I do not intend to run for any high office but to start as the cursus honorum suggest.
    My candidacy for tribune is supported whole-heartedly by the very man you cheered for when returning from Arretium.
    Now I ask you to support me, as his son and his heir.

Vote for Servius Labienus as Tribune of the Plebes.

Servius Labienus 'the younger' (30)
    Senator of Rome

This is my son - I as the motion is passed will be in Massilia to relieve the town and assist the province till a suitable governer can be found.
    Last edited by Caesar Rex; April 18, 2008 at 03:07 PM.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

"I Marcus Aurelius Triarius announce my candidacy for being Consul."

"I have served this republic for a long time, as princeps senatus two times, as questor under the last term and as tribune of the plebs within no less than three terms."
    "Elect me and I will make our Cities safer, cleaner and more profitable."
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Vote Tiberius Octavius For consul

I will 1.Increase the riches of the Republic and make trade agreements with the lands in the east.
    2.Refit our Legions and make permanent bases for them.
    3.Secure the defenses on our borders.
    4.Make the economy stable
    5.Increase the lands of the Republic as far as the economy lets us
    6.Make the people happy and farming better.

To conclude,I would like to say-If you elect me,the Republic will be stable and there wouldn't be any wars for a long time.

Vote for Tiberius,vote for the Republic!

O Sancta Simplicitas!

Maxinius Scipio's Avatar Decanus

I, Marcus Valerius Corvinus, announce my decision to abstain from running for a position this year.
    Gnaevs Theodosivs Festvs(49), Senator of Rome!
    Praefectus Praetorio Italiae
    Fallaces sunt rerum species. (Appearances are deceptive) - Seneca
    Titles Held: Senatore Romani, Eqves, Paters Familias, Praefectus
    Praetorio Italiae

Vitruvius is standing on a stool

“Romans! Hear me, on this day!

Other men will promise you a better economy, a stronger military, land, or building projects for all of Italy. Well, I have a secret to tell you… these are easy promises! Believe me when I say that any man can promise you these things and any man can follow through. So if any man can do these things, then how do you vote for your Consul? I’ll tell you how. You vote for the man that is the best leader. The best leader is that man whose ideals and dreams for Rome match your own! I am a true Republican in every sense of the word! I believe that the power must stay in the hands of the Senators and people of Rome! I believe that there is such a thing as one man having too much power! I believe that our Senate has become lazy in our Republican ideals. They are slowly, but surely giving more and more power to singular individuals! I believe that in order to preserve our Republic our leader must be a man determined to follow these ideals. To root out corruption! To bring Rome back to its earlier glory as the truly free civilized power of the world! I am that man! These are my ideals! If they match yours, then you must vote for me. It is that simple! The fate of the Republic truly does lie in your hands!”

Vitruvius steps down amidst applause
    Caeso Decimus Crassus (32)