Thread: 0.851 Bug Thread

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default 0.851 Bug Thread

The purpose of this thread is to gather together any information about bugs that may be present in the current build of the mod.

0.851 Known Issues

-Unit cards and unit info pics missing from most new factions.
    -"unlocalized placement text" error on Late Men at Arms for Burgundy and Milan. FIXED
    -"unlocalized placement text" error on German Men at Arms for Burgundy, Milan and HRE. FIXED
    -Princess coming of age message not displayed for new factions. FIXED
    -Accents for New factions are incorrect. FIXED
    -Incorrect Accents for some vanilla factions. FIXED
    -Crash at end of turn 24 due to missing code for Irish Princess Comes of Age announcement. FIXED
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; November 25, 2008 at 12:09 AM.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Lycodelphos's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: 0.851 Bug Thread

I just wanted to say I've been looking forward to the release of this mod. First impression is very good. I really like the original voice overs! Nice touch. I usually take a look at Custom Battle rosters first and I noticed a number of missing unit cards (standard Roman placeholders) instead of your new units. Entire set of new unit cards for the Armenian roster are missing. Also found an unlocalized placement text title for I believe a poleaxe Burgundian unit.

I started a game as Burgundy as well, just to check out the campaign map. Looks good so far. Again, am missing a number of unit info cards matching the missing unit cards.

I also suggest adding a note to your instructions about using the batch file for starting the game . You know somebody will ask how to start the mod.
    Last edited by Lycodelphos; November 21, 2008 at 10:27 AM.
    Proud Contributor of: "AGON: REBIRTH OF THE HELLENES" & "Patria Libera"
    "There's such divinity doth hedge a king,
    That treason can but peep to what it would,..."

I should say right off that most unit cards for new factions are missing. Thanks for the input and I'll look into the rest. I've gone ahead an fixed that "unlocalized placement text" for the Late Men at Arms for the next patch.
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; November 21, 2008 at 01:52 PM.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

LC -

I just wanted to say bravo for including Orleans and Avignon on the Campaign Map; finally a mod that pays homage to historically important locations and recognizes them strategically!

I've been playing Burgundy and unfortunately had a repeating CTD at turn 24. It was unspecifiied and generated no error log, sorry. I also caught another UPT (unlocalised placement text) for the "men-at-arms" unit. I corrected the typo in my export_units.txt file which I've attached and it also cotains my correction of the "German-men-at-arms" unit typo. If you care to take a look and see if I did them accurately.

Attachment 23665

BTW - Just a thought. If you're pressed for time with the unit cards and unit info cards, for fun (and my own game playing enhancement ), I created a Burgundy unit info folder and also "filled in" the missing unit cards based on the main faction colors of red, blue and/or purple. I collected cards mainly from the Teutonic mod using Norway and Lithuania. If you're not planning on using these factions in the future this might be a nice shortcut for your.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodelphos View Post
    I've been playing Burgundy and unfortunately had a repeating CTD at turn 24. It was unspecifiied and generated no error log, sorry.
    Is it always at turn 24? Is it at the end of the turn?

I also caught another UPT (unlocalised placement text) for the "men-at-arms" unit. I corrected the typo in my export_units.txt file which I've attached and it also cotains my correction of the "German-men-at-arms" unit typo. If you care to take a look and see if I did them accurately.
    They look fine to me. I didn't even notice the mistake in the second one.

BTW - Just a thought. If you're pressed for time with the unit cards and unit info cards, for fun (and my own game playing enhancement ), I created a Burgundy unit info folder and also "filled in" the missing unit cards based on the main faction colors of red, blue and/or purple. I collected cards mainly from the Teutonic mod using Norway and Lithuania. If you're not planning on using these factions in the future this might be a nice shortcut for your.
    I do plan on using Lithuania, but for now, anything is better than the little Roman guy.

-John G. Hartung

Yes, the CTD comes at the end of turn 24. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

I will look into it.

-John G. Hartung

Were you constructing any buildings or units that would have completed after turn 24?

-John G. Hartung

I figured it out. Basically, I'm an idiot. The error has to do with a Princess Coming of Age message for Ireland. I forgot to code one part of it in. Unfortunately...or fortunately, maybe...this means that I will have to release a patch pretty quickly. I'll try to have one out at some time tomorrow that addresses this crash and some other problems.

-John G. Hartung

some of the origional factions have the wrong voices, i think byzantines, rus, danes, aztecs.
    True bread is for True Romans

Sounds great. I look forward to getting back to the game. I also had the accent issue and resolved it by deleting the relevant *.idx and*.dat files from the sound folder. So you may wish to include that in the patch as well.

BTW - Don't sweat the glitches. Isn't that what beta versions are all about? And anyway, we are grateful for you wonderful contributions to the modding community! I for one, am really looking forward to the end result here.
    Last edited by Lycodelphos; November 23, 2008 at 09:00 AM.

Sounds great. I look forward to getting back to the game. I also had the accent issue and resolved it by deleting the relevant *.idx and*.dat files from the sound folder. So you may wish to include that in the patch as well.
    Ok, I fixed that. It will be in the patch.

BTW - Don't sweat the glitches. Isn't that what beta versions are all about? And anyway, we are grateful for you wonderful contributions to the modding community! I for one, am really looking forward to the end result here.
    Yeah, I know. I just want to get a few things straightened out so that the game will be fun to play. Hopefully, I can rework the recruitment system for this patch, as well.

-John G. Hartung