Thread: Need help with Commie China

Default Need help with Commie China

OK, I am somewhat new to HOI2 (doomsday expansion). I decided I wanted to play as Communist China, since I wanted to conquer China with the help of the USSR. However, I have realized that will be very, very hard.

Firstly, the USSR does NOT want to be my ally. Don't ask me why, they just don't.

Second, I am surrounded by unfriendly nations (Nationalist China + 2 warlords), 2 of whom are at war with me, and the third is helping the other 2.

Third, my income is utter crap. I only have 3 provinces, and they, while useful, just aren't yielding enough supplies for me.

So far, my tactics have been to fortify the two provinces beside the two enemies with troops from the third province. I have also began researching early infanty.

Any suggestions?
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Need help with Commie China

Just keep to your provinces until Nationalist China gets an event that they will choose to make peace with you

Believe me, there is absolutely no way the AI will take any of your provinces. I tried to do it when I was Nationalist China. It's possible for a player to do so, but it is very difficult.

After the Xi'an Incident where you conclude a peace with the surrounding Chinese states, wait until the Marco Polo Bridge Incident where Japan DOWs the other Chinese states, and refuse to help them.
    Last edited by Lawrence of Arabia; April 14, 2008 at 08:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence of Arabia View Post
    Just keep to your provinces until Nationalist China gets an event that they will choose to make peace with you
    Actually, I have seen once that Nationalist China refused to make peace with Communist China...

Believe me, there is absolutely no way the AI will take any of your provinces. I tried to do it when I was Nationalist China. It's possible for a player to do so, but it is very difficult.
    Yes, but if you overexpand...

After the Xi'an Incident where you conclude a peace with the surrounding Chinese states, wait until the Marco Polo Bridge Incident where Japan DOWs the other Chinese states, and refuse to help them.
    I am afraid until Macro Polo Bridge event fire up the income of CCP is a lready negative...

OK, I made it up to the Marco Polo Bridge incident, but I wasn't given any choice on what to do, and Japan attacked. They then owned most of China with superior numbers and technology.

Any idea why I wasn't given a choice?

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

Restart the game, I guess...

There is no way you are going to kick Nationalist puppet under Japan, at least USSR join the war.

This thread created the sudden urge to play Communist China too.

I tried it before, and frustrated by super lame economy, low money and non-direct control of any event...

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    OK, I made it up to the Marco Polo Bridge incident, but I wasn't given any choice on what to do, and Japan attacked. They then owned most of China with superior numbers and technology.

Any idea why I wasn't given a choice?
    You got into a war with Japan without any type of choice? I never recall that happening... did you choose any type of united China event or anything prior to the Bridge event?

*wanders off to go rumage through the HOI2 files...
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous View Post
    You got into a war with Japan without any type of choice? I never recall that happening... did you choose any type of united China event or anything prior to the Bridge event?

*wanders off to go rumage through the HOI2 files...
    Yeah, I haven't had any choices so far except Nationalist China offered me peace and I agreed.

Though it really sucks to be fighting Japan, since they have a completely superior army plus a massive airforce. Shanxi has already been annexed by NC (!!!), the other warlords are sending help, though the Nationalists are losing on all fronts. And I can't do crap about it since although I upgraded my infantry to basic earlier, I am completely outnumbered, and Japan STILL has superior troops. So now I am going to be surrounded by an enemy with more troops and stronger troops.

Actually, if you love to cheat, you can shift yo Japan, declare war on CCP, then shift back to CCP...

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

It appears in 1.3 that you have no choice put to go to war with Japan.

I'll look into this more...
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant