Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BoA v3 is announced !!! (Obsolete)

Default BoA v3 is announced !!! (Obsolete)

Edit by Nelduin:
    Since we have no news from the mod leader for years, please consider that BoA 3 is definitively dead, except if high_templar give any sign of life in the future. Thanks all for your support and your patience.
    Last edited by Nelduin; April 25, 2011 at 03:11 PM.
    May Buddha's wisdom be with you...
    High_Templar : Leader of Battles of Asia Mod and Leader of Battles of Kingdoms Mod

Default Re: BoA v3 is announced !!!

That's great news, but wish you would focus on the chinese and the mongols as well...

This sounds good, but wouldnt it be better to have a look at putting this on the MTW2 engine? especially with the new features and fighting animations
    but any way this mod is great and wanted to give my to cents.

Thanks

p.s i think i saw somebody creating a japan campaign map on the offical total war forums somewhere im not sure if it was for rome or Medi 2, but either way its worth a look if u can find it

wow that is great news

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Quote Originally Posted by cobalter View Post
    This sounds good, but wouldnt it be better to have a look at putting this on the MTW2 engine? especially with the new features and fighting animations
    but any way this mod is great and wanted to give my to cents.
    Thanks
    p.s i think i saw somebody creating a japan campaign map on the offical total war forums somewhere im not sure if it was for rome or Medi 2, but either way its worth a look if u can find it
    Hi,
    As usual, for some realism reasons we'll stay on the RTW engine. The main reason is Med2 animations block soldiers in place in which they are. This have been done by CA to allow hollywood battle moves which requires static places in order respect distances when a soldier execute another one. If this static rule doesn't exists soldiers will hit in some empty spaces which is stupid in the hollywoodian orientation CA took. It means when you order to a unit to press more an ennemy unit, nothing happens. With it you lost the unit weight effect which is so many important in hand to hand battles.
    In my new middleage project, we're going to prove RTW weaknesses could be solved by a totally new approach of unit moddeling and texturing.

To see which improvments will be in BoA 3, follow the advancement of WoC.

Cheers.
    May Buddha's wisdom be with you...
    High_Templar : Leader of Battles of Asia Mod and Leader of Battles of Kingdoms Mod

ok sounds good thanks for the reply, ive been hunting around for the post with the japan capaign map but it was a few years ago since i saw it so :S, but this mod is great and i like you explantion i didnt actually know that! , looking forward to this.

Very good news.....looking forward to it

**RS Dev Team***Reciprocal Repper!* RIP Calvin- you will be missed

would look awesome, sure hope you find a mapper also, would really love a campaign

Be sure we hope too

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Anytime frame on this, I like the interest in a campaign , but I am primarily a MP player myself, and still looking for a group to play BoA with

A.K.A Hunter_Trask

Will there ever be campaign game included?

Or do you know any other Asia-like MOD with this feature?

The actual team don't plan to make a campaign, because we don't have the skill to make it, so if someone want to make a campaign, he is welcomed.
    We have only a man working on a map, but that's all.
    If you want an asian-like mod with campaign, you can download Blue Lotus (Fantasy mod) or Three Kingdoms (Mod on ancient China)

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Keep up the good work! Now I have something to look forward to in 2009! Come on 2009!

I'm glad to hear this

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Hassen Ibn Yasin View Post
    The actual team don't plan to make a campaign, because we don't have the skill to make it, so if someone want to make a campaign, he is welcomed.
    We have only a man working on a map, but that's all.
    If you want an asian-like mod with campaign, you can download Blue Lotus (Fantasy mod) or Three Kingdoms (Mod on ancient China)
    thanx

When saying you dont have the skill to make a campaign you mean mapper or text editting wise??

Quote Originally Posted by Nakharar View Post
    When saying you dont have the skill to make a campaign you mean mapper or text editting wise??
    The both.

Wow! that's a while to wait, but I'll be looking forward to it!

Indefinitely Banned

BOA 3 modding team please put a campaign map like in the MMS like all your other mods They are all great just missing the campaign map it would make it greater

We will try, but we don't have anybody able to make it... a member is trying, but it's difficult.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast