Thread: Can't access the official forums

Default Can't access the official forums

I'm not sure where to put this post, but since I was trying to view the list of things the patch fixed I figured I would put it here. I don't really visit the official forums over at the Total War website all that often. The last time I checked it I guess they had switched to a different software for their boards. I seem to recall making an effort to register for the new board just so I could view it (because there is no feature to view the boards without posting priviliges if you don't register - you basically can't see the board at all) but that I had encountered some problems and gave up. Okay, fast forward to yesterday and I see that the patch has come out. A link is provided on the patch page to the official forum so you can see the patch features. Same problem as before, I can't see the forum unless I register. So I go through the trouble of registering and I get a message that my IP is banned and to contact an administrator. Naturally since I can't access the forums at all without registering and I can't register because my IP is banned I can't contact an administrator. Oh, and the banned IP they list as being mine isn't mine, or at least doesn't correspond to the IP that I see when I check my computer's IP. The IP they list as mine is 205.288 something or other and my IP is .... well something totally different .

So, since this Yukos outfit seems to be running Total War's new web software I figure that I will contact them. Well, if you want to contact them you have to fill out a bunch of registration forms which I attempted to do, but when it gets to the bit where you have to type the image the image is just a red X because the image doesn't show up. Because there is no refresh and when I get properties on the image to try to manually input the link there is no link retrieving this image is impossible. I do manage to somehow get a tech support request filled out and sent to which the person asks me "Hi, What is the URL of the board in question?" (I had told them in the original e-mail the Total War forums, but I guess that's not specific enough). Naturally the e-mail is "No Reply" and in order to respond to the tech support person I have to have an account which then, of course, brings me back to the problem where the image doesn't show up and I can't complete the registration.

At this point I really don't care about the patch list anymore because I found on this forum where the US patch was screwed up anyway. It's just not worth the effort to view the Total War forums anymore since I can now use the unofficial forums here for all my news and information and it's now basically impossible for me to access the Official Forums in any capacity whatsoever anyway. I guess I just felt like venting a little on this board because I'm basically frozen out and silenced at the Official Forums for no apparent reason and maybe by explaining my situation here it may help others who are also frozen out and silenced.

Default Re: Can't access the official forums

You must be having some severe browser problems or that IP bannination is the issue, because I have never registered with the official forums and I can view everything there with no problems whatsoever. I found it a little hard on the eyes but since I only went to see if it worked I won't have to worry about it.

You are probably better off just hanging out here but that still doesn't fix the problems with your browser or IP.

It will not fix your browser issue, but here is a list of what is fixed in the new Kingdoms Patch:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=157715

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Quote Originally Posted by miccofl View Post
    You must be having some severe browser problems or that IP bannination is the issue, because I have never registered with the official forums and I can view everything there with no problems whatsoever. I found it a little hard on the eyes but since I only went to see if it worked I won't have to worry about it.

You are probably better off just hanging out here but that still doesn't fix the problems with your browser or IP.
    when I click on the Open Forum link I just get a big white registration screen so I can't access the forums now without registering. Of course, when I register I get the banned IP message so I'm back to square one. I can surf all other websites just fine, it's just the Total War website that's causing the issues. I can also see the "type what you see" set of letters and numbers everywhere else I surf (including to register for this forum right here). I guess my browser doesn't like Yukos.