Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: == Consolidated “Lost” Units Project ==

Ok, i might be 10 steps behind,(so you guys might have found them, but i didn't see a picture) but there are more than a few swordsman i see in the text. these arent' the swordsman vlad found, but the these are named just a bit different unit_barb_warband_sword_scythia.tga and they look like this (using the warguard for model) they look the berserker skin also:

it's really confusing with the name conventions CA used, they look like they did a few models, than change their mind, then did another set and scrapped it again, same with all the other useless stuff like the naval boats (which have been activated as i read from the strategic forum)

Nice Horse Archer, i saw those skins and i was wondering about them. Can you PM me, with the text you used to get them in the game?

I found the scythian peltasts, with some help from vlad. So we can put them on the list. I'm not sure when we'l release the first issue of the mod, because the more i look, the more units i find.

Can someone help me here please? I'm trying to add the mercenary cataphract elephants to the game (yes there is a green merc skin for them.)
    Here's my text entries.

****Whoa, nevermind. I realized i had typed the damned name of the skin wrong in the texture line. It should read MOUNT_CATAPHRACT_ELEPHANT_MERC.TGA.
    DUH&#33; :>< :wstupid :whistle

Cancel that requrest, i got em working. I have also updated the download here in this post to reflect the perfect version, the one that works. Go ahead and try em, stomp on some julii peasants. :lol

Can anyone answer my question? About the egyption elephants thing. Oh and by the way did anyone find of the EGYPTION_NUMIDIAN_INFANTRY unit I found? it&#39;s realy weird cause my computer crashes everytime i tried it. But i think that it has the nubian spearman texture.

edited : the models are right front of my eyes, i&#39;m a freakin idiot:

Code:
    type  barb_swordsman_scythia
    skeleton          fs_swordsman
    indiv_range 	40

texture  scythia, data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_warband_woad_briton.tga
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_warband_woad_400.CAS, 8
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_warband_woad_300.CAS, 15
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_warband_woad_200.CAS, 30
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_warband_woad_100.CAS, 40
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_warband_woad_70.CAS, max 
    model_sprite britons, 60.0, data/sprites/gauls_warband_huntsman_sprite.spr
    model_tri 	400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

peasants for all barbarian factions:

Code:
    type  barb_peasant
    skeleton 	fs_dagger   	
    indiv_range 	40
    texture  gauls, data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_peasant_gaul.tga
    texture  britons, data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_peasant_briton.tga
    texture  germans, data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_peasant_german.tga
    texture  dacia, data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_peasant_dacia.tga
    texture  scythia, data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_peasant_scythia.tga
    texture  slave, data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_peasant_slave.tga
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_peasant_400.cas, 8
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_peasant_300.cas, 15
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_peasant_200.cas, 30
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_peasant_100.cas, 40
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_peasant_70.cas, max
    model_sprite 60.0, data/sprites/barb_peasant_sprite.spr
    model_sprite slave, 60.0, data/sprites/slave_barb_peasant_sprite.spr
    model_sprite scythia, 60.0, data/sprites/scythia_barb_peasant_sprite.spr
    model_sprite dacia, 60.0, data/sprites/dacia_barb_peasant_sprite.spr
    model_sprite britons, 60.0, data/sprites/britons_barb_peasant_sprite.spr
    model_sprite germans, 60.0, data/sprites/germans_barb_peasant_sprite.spr
    model_sprite gauls, 60.0, data/sprites/gauls_barb_peasant_sprite.spr
    just replaced the textures for the normal barbarbarian peasant (which used the "infantry" ) and for the models, i changed the last stuff (low , lowest, med, high cas) to 100 200 etc. the model files are there, the only difference is that they are numbered, but named the same (unit_barb_peasant_100.cas instead of unit_barb_peasant_low.cas)

another peasant texture, look exactly like the barbarian crew found earlier, so i used the crew model to see the skin:

used scythia as the faction, just because that&#39;s the one i&#39;m working on.

Code:
    type  barb_peasant_scythia
    skeleton 	fs_dagger
    indiv_range 	40
    texture     scythia, data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_peasant.tga
    model_flexi_m     data/models_unit/unit_barb_crew_400.cas, 8
    model_flexi_m     data/models_unit/unit_barb_crew_300.cas, 15
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_crew_200.cas, 30
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_crew_100.cas, 40
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_crew_70.cas, max
    model_sprite scythia, 60.0, data/sprites/scythia_barb_crew_sprite.spr
    model_sprite dacia, 60.0, data/sprites/dacia_barb_crew_sprite.spr
    model_sprite britons, 60.0, data/sprites/britons_barb_crew_sprite.spr
    model_sprite germans, 60.0, data/sprites/germans_barb_crew_sprite.spr
    model_sprite gauls, 60.0, data/sprites/gauls_barb_crew_sprite.spr

hold on, not done yet *tongue*

archers for dacia, scythia and briton and iberia(spain for the weak ones): I like these archers so much, that the default vanilla archers are taken out from my game.
    The iberian archer has a tricky name, but this one needs the same model as the other barbarians.
    using the chosen archer model to fit the texture :

Code:
    type  barb_archer
    skeleton 	fs_fast_archer, fs_fast_dagger
    indiv_range 	40
    texture  scythia, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_BARB_ARCHER_SCYTHIA.TGA
    texture  britons, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_BARB_ARCHER_BRITON.TGA
    texture  dacia, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_BARB_ARCHER_DACIA.TGA
    texture  spain, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_BARB_WARBAND_ARCHER_IBERIA.TGA
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_chosen_archers_400.cas, 8
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_chosen_archers_300.cas, 15
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_chosen_archers_200.cas, 30
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_chosen_archers_100.cas, 40
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_chosen_archers_70.cas, max
    model_sprite scythia, 60.0, data/sprites/scythia_warband_archer_sprite.spr
    model_sprite dacia, 60.0, data/sprites/dacia_warband_archer_sprite.spr
    model_sprite britons, 60.0, data/sprites/britons_warband_archer_sprite.spr
    model_sprite germans, 60.0, data/sprites/germans_warband_archer_sprite.spr

Originally posted by {Pharaoh}Anubis{Pha}@Feb 22 2005, 07:09 PM
    How do i turn off the topic notifier :blink it&#39;s starting to drive me nuts saying "you got mail" over and over again :whistle
    go to "my controls" and turn off the notify if someone replies my post or something like that.

by the way, another sword warband, so now 3 types of skins indicating the same warband sword unit and each uses a different model .
    the vanila version is unit_barb_warband_xxyyyy_.tga insert a faction for xy.

the found ones unused skins are:

unit_barb_warband_sword_xxxyy.tga -------------------one might work with the newly found peasant skin or the newly found woad warrior

and

unit_warband_sword_xxxyy.tga ----------this one looks like would work with the crew model, but their weapons look screwed up, so i&#39;ll see what else i can do.

FOr which faction do u have the greek officer on?
    Oh and I think they should be a phalanx unit so is there any way to give them swords? cause my guys use they&#39;re hands when i give them phalanx.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

i have them as swordsmen because of this. They are for macedon, thrace and seleucids. also pic of julii samnites and gothic cavalry
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

does anyone care of my greek musician find? they are extremely needing a good skin&#33;

The_Ferret

looks like they gave up on it half way through. I think I found a Roman Golden eagle standard bearer. I&#39;ll figure out if it&#39;s just the banner of the 1st cohort.

I found smamnite gladiators for all roman factions. anyone care?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Theres no model for them, there are also different mirmillo gladiator skins without a model.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

no model? who cares? just use the julii model and it works fine&#33; or better yet&#33; just add all roman factions to the description of the samnite gladiator at the descr unit text file&#33;

Good find chilly, on the greek musician. I"l play with that skin and see if it fits better on another model, or if perhaps it can be "completed" by an experienced skinner.

But um, what is the filename for this greek musician?

HOLY COW dudes,

i found a mother lode of lost unit cards. check out my post about it here.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?a...entry1811979199

You can see that CA (probably) intended the julii samnite skins to be the orignal samnite gladiators, because their unit card is in there, and it says "gladiators" in the title.

That&#39;s y i want to combine it with other textures to create a texture that fits a model&#33; Oh and Tsarevna it&#39;s not a skin, it&#39;s a model. It&#39;s called officer_greek_musician and is in the models_unit folder

Originally posted by Titus Andronicus@Jan 28 2005, 04:56 PM

Remove the semicolons (;;;; from descr_model_battle file. They look very well, even though they have nothing to do with history.

And here are the older guards:

erm u know u got them archers....how do u get them to actually have the cones heads....could u post the descr_model_battle text 4 it pwease :grin

I can help u&#33; I&#39;ve done it before&#33; easy&#33; If i could read wat u typed&#33; U basicly go to export descr unit and find the pharohs archers unit descr and u will see the model (at the soldier line) and it will say like pharohs_bowmen_new or somtin, just delete the _new and there u have it&#33; REmember to save. Is this wat u were asking? oh and make sure to delete the semi colons on the descr model battle text file for the pharohs bowmen. Or is this not ur question?

Originally posted by Chilly5@Feb 25 2005, 03:34 PM
    I can help u&#33; I&#39;ve done it before&#33; easy&#33; If i could read wat u typed&#33; U basicly go to export descr unit and find the pharohs archers unit descr and u will see the model (at the soldier line) and it will say like pharohs_bowmen_new or somtin, just delete the _new and there u have it&#33; REmember to save. Is this wat u were asking? oh and make sure to delete the semi colons on the descr model battle text file for the pharohs bowmen. Or is this not ur question?
    nah i did that but they dont have the cones.......so i made them had the modi flex like my pharaoh guard........unlike my pharaoh&#39;s guard (which worked) finje....they didnt ahve a bow but still fired