Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: announcing; MYTHOLOGY TOTAL WAR!

Default Re: announcing; MYTHOLOGY TOTAL WAR!

beren

thanks for the link, its give me a few ideas, crescent shields would be easy enough. i also want then to have large round ones ~ erm

ok to be honest i havent done must over the last few days we have to make the most of the good weather eh. but i got the rest of the week off, so i will get a move on ok . i got around 30 ready to be put into the game, but i have to locate and make descriptions and models for each one.

for version 1, i may make all factions non playable except thessaly, and use a ? as the unit icons, to foil spying and so i dont have to make hundreds of unit cards. much will be hidden at first [but not the map].

india would be another world really, first we need to build a list of ‘historical’ factions. perhaps there are some we are missing from other myths of the region, i don’t know any persian myths for example.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

is this mod for regular rome total war?
    because it looks like the best mod ive ever seen for regular

p.s. make an all naked amazon lol

Dillonito - Yes unless Quetz has other plans to expand it into BI or Alex

it will be for RTW 1.5.

amazons will have a few clothed units, but not many, it will also have a completely naked unit. 'warning 18+'

faction 1 will be finished tomorrow, and i will start on no’s 2. by the end of the weekend i hope to have finished...

amazons [if solo fished the models]
    colchis
    atlantis
    minotaurs
    centaurs [now their own faction with some other strange creatures, goat heads etc]

once these are done screenie thread one shall appear and i will ask for a mod forum. after that we will take a break from units and start on the map, and settlements.

btw solo, i have a skin for a minotaur from oblivion, it may be useful!
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Logik's Avatar Campidoctor

So it is only For RTW 1.5?
    My gaming rig nicknamed The Beast. OMEN by HP Obelisk Gaming Desktop Computer, 9th Generation Intel Core i9-9900K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB, HyperX 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home (875-1023, Black)

So it is only For RTW 1.5?
    what do you want it for then? :hmmm: i expect it would work with vannila with a few minor adjustments, i don’t know really.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    what do you want it for then? :hmmm: i expect it would work with vannila with a few minor adjustments, i don’t know really.
    What about one based on MTW series as some of us have moved on from RTW to MTW 2. Thanks Just a suggestion. Just wanted to add that is only if it is possible if not then is okay.I'll just buy another copy of RTW as i cannot miss playing such a great mod.Even though it would be nice if it was compatible with MTW.
    Last edited by Logik; May 13, 2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Added Content.
    My gaming rig nicknamed The Beast. OMEN by HP Obelisk Gaming Desktop Computer, 9th Generation Intel Core i9-9900K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB, HyperX 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home (875-1023, Black)

i put it in this section as it is for rtw.
    mtw2 is a nightmare to mod, hence we havent seen even a basic modification of it made into rome. i am hoping that empires wont be as bad, but i expect it will be much worse, if it is ok then i will bypass mtw altogether and do a version for empires.

you can pick up rome for a couple of pounds these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    i put it in this section as it is for rtw.
    mtw2 is a nightmare to mod, hence we havent seen even a basic modification of it made into rome. i am hoping that empires wont be as bad, but i expect it will be much worse, if it is ok then i will bypass mtw altogether and do a version for empires.

you can pick up rome for a couple of pounds these days.
    Yea i figured it would be a nightmare to mod in regards to MTW. No matter. I'll just go to my local walmart and pick me up a copy. Great job on your mod so far. I eagerly await further info and maybe one lucky day a release date.Until then Keep up the good work i'll stay tuned to any further progress on the mod.

BTW - solo finished the models (Amazons)

Can we see screenshots?
    Make America great again!

I dont have any screenies - I am working on another mod - my first mod or love so I send the completed models and skins I do to Quetz he lets them loose when he is ready - you will greatly enjoy them.

Any progress/screenshots yet?
    Make America great again!

Be patient they are coming Quetz I think is pretty tied up at the moment and he has not gotten any new models from me yet. I am sending him a very large file of completed units after the weekend. Sound Good?

I think he means to give you guys a couple of factions so you will get a big chunk before the official mod thread is even launched.

i have completed only the colchis faction ~ screenies n all, as i have been busy this weekend. it takes longer because as soon as i see them in action i want to make changes, and i have worked out how to dull the image [i hate shiny skins] without loosing detail, so i had to redo them.

and yes i am also waiting for models from solo so i can start on amazons and centaurs etc.

here are the colchis units for now, they look much better in the game of course ~ you should see the detail on the skins!

skeleton warriors

chariot archers

high priests

lords of colchis

ghost archers

medium infantry

persian archers

swordsmen

heavy cavalry

heavy infantry

horse archers

thanks to bwian for the fantastic orginal skeleton models!

ps. solo, can we make a version with a greek shield? like the ones in the ‘64 jason film.
    Last edited by Amorphos; May 18, 2008 at 09:00 AM.

cool mod

like the ghost archers
    Last edited by Agisilaos; April 26, 2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: merged double post

thanks. they will [as will all the other aspects] give us extra strategic elements too.

Kleomenis's Avatar Semisalis

looks great so far. i think most people prefer rome than medieval 2

those units look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Quetz
    send the original skeliton model you used there and I will do a shield for it
    Last edited by Solo1906; May 18, 2008 at 10:00 PM.

here are the skeleton warriors, they just need a small round shield.

i tried to e-mail them but my pc thought they were being used by some application ~ computers are so dumb