Thread: The new patch from CA?

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Default The new patch from CA?

Hi,
    will installing the new official patch affect PDER in any way?

bd
    Last edited by billydilly; April 10, 2008 at 08:27 AM.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default Re: The new patch from CA?

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    Hi,
    will installing the new official patch affect PDER in any way?

bd
    Haven't downloaded it myself yet, but Ludicus confirmed that it's PDER save-game compatible in this post.

Hopefully, I'll get a chance to look into it this weekend and adapt the next update to incorporate any 1.5 changes.

From Unspoken Knight (creator of Retrofit mod (upon which PDER is based) and employee of CA):

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken Knight View Post
    The Retrofit Mod should automatically pick up any Kingdoms related code fixes in the patch. Since there are no major data fixes in the Kingdoms patch that are relevant for Retrofit (or Medieval II), then there is currently no need for a new Retrofit.

The fixes that should be picked up automatically include:

- Fixed exploit that allowed certain characters' stats to be raised by repeatedly saving the game.
    - Fixed the family tree disappearing when a princess is married to General who becomes the Faction Leader.
    - Fixed soft-lock that occurred with multiple armies on the battle map.
    - Fixed crash that occurred when disbanding a unit whilst merging two armies.
    - Crash after auto-resolving a siege battle from a hotseat save game no longer occurs.
    - Crash that occurred when loading a battle from the campaign map edge no longer occurs.
    - Kingdoms no longer crashes when playing battles after unpacking the game's data.
    - Improved siege auto-resolve.
    - DX10 Shadow bug

There are some relevant minor data fixes that will NOT get picked up:

- Fixed a number of inconsistencies between units' speech and their unit cards.
    - Small black rectangles no longer appear on the campaign map.

I think most of the other fixes in the patch are not relevant for the Retrofit Mod.

Without re-testing all areas of the Retrofit Mod with the patch I cannot explicitly state that the Kingdoms Patch is fully compatible with Retrofit.

I can state that I believe the Kingdoms Patch should be fully compatible and doesn't change any existing data formats in the Retrofit Mod (or other Kingdoms Mods).
    So it looks like most of the data (ie text file) changes are specific to the individual Kingdoms campaigns. The hardcoded changes mentioned should be picked up automatically by the Kingdoms.exe file.

Oh, and that black rectangles thing was already fixed for PDER.

Hope this helps.

Excellent, I'll update and continue my egyptian campaign - still need to take Dongola, Mecca and Antioch
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

I get those big white and green squares on the strategy map after installing the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    I get those big white and green squares on the strategy map after installing the patch.

try this - my post