Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Update Released

Default Re: Kingdoms Update Released

Wow, this patch mahem is worse than the 1.2 patch disaster, which was worse than the 1.1 "same day release patch" joke. I must say, M2TW has been the most plagued Total War game to date. Besides Lusted and Sensei, who are apparently only PR folks and don't seem to know anything, nobody from CA has even communicated with the community about any of this. Remember the good ol' days when Creative Assembly actually posted in their own forum? But, that aside, I can't believe they are cutting this off till Monday and not working over the weekend. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    For those of you with the Direct 2 Drive, Steam or other downloaded retail versions of Kingdoms or Medieval II Gold, do not apply the patches listed in the first post. Patches for your version of the game will be out soon.
    Thanks.

You guys sure are hard on CA. Especially for something you're getting for free, for your own leisurely enjoyment, that they didn't actually have to release seeing as how Kingdoms is more or less fine as it is. There's nothing worse than dealing with customers that think you're incompetent and lazy just because you've made a mistake... which we all do. Even patch developers. In closing, chill a little.

No excuses, just results.

TheColdTruth's Avatar Ordinarius

Um ya they kinda had to do this patch because Key selling points to the game did not even work.....so ya

Well, people baught a product that they expected to be complete. A patch is supposed to make it atleast more up to that standard for the player. I think people do have a right to be upset.
    I work in carpentry, and we have worked weekends, even if it's not something structural but to get it done for the customer. It's something you do, they give us money because they expect us to do the job, I believe that applies for video game designers too.

Besides the patch, I am grateful for them making this game for us, and there was alot of hard work put into that, so I have to say thank you for the fine entertainment they have made. But you have to take care of the customer before yourself, I'd say the entertainment industry counts as a service job too, and people want the finest products.

Quote Originally Posted by Unwelcome Guest View Post
    Thanks.

You guys sure are hard on CA. Especially for something you're getting for free, for your own leisurely enjoyment, that they didn't actually have to release seeing as how Kingdoms is more or less fine as it is. There's nothing worse than dealing with customers that think you're incompetent and lazy just because you've made a mistake... which we all do. Even patch developers. In closing, chill a little.

I'm pretty "chilled", really. And we are not being "hard" on CA. We are understandably upset because the broken campaign features, advertised in your game manual (which wasn't "free" either), were supposed to be fixed in the patch we have waited six months for, only to have the patch not work for most of those who downloaded the US edition of the patch. I'm guessing your are new to this "drama", but, we experienced the exact same shabby patching and technical problems with the last patch (1.2) from CA, and we expected them to have learned from that mistake....and the 1.1 "same day release patch" episode, too. So, this is not just "a mistake" we need to "chill" about. This is about people paying 49.99+39.99 for a game that has consistently featured non-working advertised features. Sure, the game is very good in it's current state. But that's not the point.

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi,

I completely agree with Candy : It's a shame that CA is not be able to learn from their mistakes !!
    Patch 1.2 bugged ...
    Patch 1.5 bugged too...

I hope CA will soon fix this problem.

I recommend them to test it before the release and a manual patch (with format .rar ou .zip) will be welcome too.

loet66

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius View Post
    I'm pretty "chilled", really. And we are not being "hard" on CA. We are understandably upset because the broken campaign features, advertised in your game manual (which wasn't "free" either), were supposed to be fixed in the patch we have waited six months for, only to have the patch not work for most of those who downloaded the US edition of the patch. I'm guessing your are new to this "drama", but, we experienced the exact same shabby patching and technical problems with the last patch (1.2) from CA, and we expected them to have learned from that mistake....and the 1.1 "same day release patch" episode, too. So, this is not just "a mistake" we need to "chill" about. This is about people paying 49.99+39.99 for a game that has consistently featured non-working advertised features. Sure, the game is very good in it's current state. But that's not the point.
    You guys realise this is the last patch we'll get for kingdoms right?? The non-hardcoded fixes would take someone 1 day to compile simply by visiting The Org and TW Center. Now the patch don't work for the US population. and I suspect that it will be a while before it does. So being hard on CA has nothing to do with it : CA created this mess by themselves and unlike the .Com they can't pretend it's not there by mass banning/deleting. My point is "Don't take us criticizing CA to be a personal attack against you dear fanboys, while brand loyalty is nice it still does not change the fact that the patch is broken, again".

are we gonna see the update on steam anytime soon?!?! or are we screwed out of a month, just like last time with the 1.3 i think....

To all those steam users out there, my heart goes out to you. If you had to deal with the same BS as i did. From both steam and CA, from the game not starting and delayed updates reducing online playing, to trying to get tech support from steam or CA, and basically steam will tell you to go screw your self because its a third party game. Yes, they will take your money and give you the finger when it doesn't work. But i think the worst experience of it all is, of course, not being able to install mods at all. Well, its all FUBAR to me.

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Thanks.

Lol...free? Try something like $90.

If you consider a game "fine as it is" when it is missing features that were advertised, God bless you.

We have chilled a little. We've been chilling since the end of August.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

PeteSKTemplar's Avatar Ordinarius

It isnt about US patch only, it doesnt work but it exist at least, Central and Eastern Europe versions have no patch at all (better to have one not working so its gonna be fixed one day than none).
    NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM!
    Those words were on lips of Templars when charging,
    M2TW DarthMod Team member - tester (Imperial Snowtrooper)

Thanks.

CA can sleep well at night knowing they have customers such as yourself.

Hello. Im a bit confused. The patch before this I think was the patch 1.3 and now patch 1.5 is here? Doesnt patch 1.4 exist?

webbird's Avatar Senator

while downloading the german version of the patch, i read the thread and now need to ask before i dare to install it.
    Which download link / patch download for the european-german version has proven to be working and without errors?

TheColdTruth's Avatar Ordinarius

Don't worry if it dosen't work it wont screw up your game.

Hello. Im a bit confused. The patch before this I think was the patch 1.3 and now patch 1.5 is here? Doesnt patch 1.4 exist?
    Kingdoms itself when released as 1.4. Hence why this patch is 1.5.

while downloading the german version of the patch, i read the thread and now need to ask before i dare to install it.
    Which download link / patch download for the european-german version has proven to be working and without errors?
    I have only heard of a very small number of people having trouble with the European patch, the vast majority are reporting no problems with it. It is the American patch that is mostly the problem.

Agate86's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by The Strategy-Player View Post

the 1.4 patch is kingdom

webbird's Avatar Senator

thanks for the quick answer Lusted!
    then i try the patch install when my download is ready.
    My version of kingdoms is not the gold version, i installed all campaigns.
    MedII is patched with the latest patches and not modified in any way.
    I found not yet time to work on it
    Download link was from Gamers hell,
    i post the results of the patching as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    Kingdoms itself when released as 1.4. Hence why this patch is 1.5.

I have only heard of a very small number of people having trouble with the European patch, the vast majority are reporting no problems with it. It is the American patch that is mostly the problem.
    Real problem is that there is no russian version of patch.

There is a way to fix this: replace the American files that are a problem(localized .pack & event.dat) with the UK ones then patch with the Us patch. I swear it works.
    Someone upload the files please