Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Update Released

Tooz's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Kingdoms Update Released

Yep, got the same errors with my worth playing USA patch. At the end of the patch I get this message:
    "There was one or more issues discovered while updating Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms.
    Medieval II Total War: Americas: Failed to Update
    Medieval II Total War: Britannia: Failed to Update
    Medieval II Total War: Crusades: Failed to Update
    Medieval II Total War: Teutonic: Failed to Update

Great...

That's the exact same thing.

It's more sad than annoying. Can't these poor guys do anything right? It's not like they were rushed this time and they apparently took weeks to test it.

Tooz's Avatar Libertus

So, I tried loading the game and geuss what--I see V1.05 in the options screen. The new campaign has started. So, did it work and the error messgae is wrong?

I have no idea. But it seems like it's just not fixing certain things. I know for the Teutonic campaign, another file didn't work along with the "localization" file. So maybe the other three are fine?

I'll just wait until they fix the patch a second time.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Tooz View Post
    So, I tried loading the game and geuss what--I see V1.05 in the options screen. The new campaign has started. So, did it work and the error messgae is wrong?
    The .exe is updated but possibly the files are still 1.04

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

It's only five files for me; is it possible you can just replace them yourself? I can easily see them in both the patch file and the game files.

TheColdTruth's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tooz View Post
    I thought that also but no patch did not work

Wow. I have never seen so much failure packed into one game. That has to be some sort of record.

I have little experience with this sort of thing though, and I'm sure it's not as transparent as we make it out to be. There are probably all kinds of complexities tied to creating and patching a game. However the number of flaws, bugs, broken features, and the most ridiculous crap I have witnessed in MTWII has not been equaled by any other game I've ever encountered.

Remember when it was first released? Remember discovering that English Billmen in an ironic twist of fate couldn't hit horses? Remember seen masses of little men all running against the side of a wall instead of taking the ladder? Remember how 10 men ran forward to stab the enemy while the rest stayed behind to wave their swords? Remember how shields didn't work?

Now the Kingdoms expansion brought with it four campaigns with plenty of bugs and two advertised features broken.

I honestly have no idea how a company can get away with sucking so much. I've never seen anything like it!

Mass bannings and post deleting ensure that the banned buy Empires. Oh wait... they bannned me afyer i told them about my 3rd complete game reinstall/patch failure for "negative/unconstructive posts". Thanks Jack. Btw spending a whole day trying to make this work costs me more than the retail of your next game so guess if I will be buying it.

Tooz's Avatar Libertus

So, what will happen next? Will CA release a US patch that works?

Quote Originally Posted by AlfonsoVIII View Post
    THE US PATCH IS FOR RETAIL VERSIONS ONLY. STEAM USERS CANNOT INSTALL THIS PATCH.
    whats with the caps lock?

...and why not? if m2 kingdoms is on steam why can't the patch be on steam as well? steam usually update games automatically...
    Last edited by Unwelcome Guest; April 10, 2008 at 10:59 PM.

Check this out guys:
    http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/33549?page=11

Someone has found that if you ignore the error messages and still continue with the installation, the patch apparently works. Stone forts are working, shadows are fixed, etc. Check out the link for screenshots.

This gets weirder and weirder....

If the patch gives these messages:

"There was one or more issues discovered while updating Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms.
    Medieval II Total War: Americas: Failed to Update
    Medieval II Total War: Britannia: Failed to Update
    Medieval II Total War: Crusades: Failed to Update
    Medieval II Total War: Teutonic: Failed to Update"

Then I am waiting till it's fixed

After playing with the patch, we need to see what changes were made in the localized.pack on 3 of the campaign and the events file of the Crusades to see if the patch corrected these issues. I believe the Britainna campaign has the biggest change in the localized file, so playing that would help find out if the patch works. I also checked the file dates and if the patch was successful, the modified date would change. I was able to manually install the Americas campaign because there was a .tmp file that I renamed to data.pack and the patch was successfully updated on Americas. To be sure I unpacked the file and had no issues with the file. That may explain why some can get the Americas portion to work and the other 3 always fail. I do not think the patch will work with these error messages.
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

welsh get no reinforcements and apaches shield values are same as before and their faction heir has no loyalty and yes i did see stone forts in Crusades but i doubt it's properly patched

Robo1992's Avatar Decanus

oh god, im just going to wait a month or 2 before I download this patch cos it didnt work for me the first time, and a lot of other people are having trouble as well. The game works fine without the patch highly playable for me.

man, I feel for all of y'all

guess I'll just forget about this patch and keep going on my EB 1.1 campaign

someone wake me up when they figure it out, will ya?

wolfslayer's Avatar Senator

I got error messages in patching all 4 kingdoms campaigns.

That said, I know for a fact Crusades, the only one I have tested so far, did patch!

I confirmed by unpacking Crusades and checking some files like me_fort_a.worldpkgdesc, which is definitely new and different, since I still have my original crusades folder archived for reference.

That's great, but do you have any in-game confirmation? Please?

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

I simply despair at the QC applied to the final testing of the patches that CA release. They really need to examine their methods of testing and maybe consider releasing the 'final' beta patch to a wider group of people, like certain people within their forums, to test before it is uploaded for us all to use.

Stardock continually release their betas to all that wish to participate and when their final patch arrives there are no major headaches like this. The feedback that they get from their beta releases is invaluable for the programmers and it makes it feel that the users are involved in the development of 'their' game, a sort of ownership thing.

Regardless of when CA fix the problem the damage has been caused to their credibility again, shame on them as it did not need to be this way.
    I really wish them all the best in resolving the issues around the installation of the patch that many people are experiencing.
    Please CA, when all of this patch issue is over; just consider what I have written above