Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Update Released

Default Re: Kingdoms Update Released

Quote Originally Posted by IronBlood View Post
    Sorry to add to your list of problems but...my problem is that when I have completely dl the patch ( tried U.S. and the European patch) my computer then tries to bring up Internet Explorer but then closes it even before the website shows up. Any ideas that might fix this? Btw I own the U.S. versions of Medieval II and Kingdoms bought separatly. Thanks for your time!
    Internet explorer shouldn't be popping up at all. You've probably got malware.
    My advice? Switch to Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by TheColdTruth View Post
    A fix has been found by B5Draal on Totalwarforums.com Go there and download his files from his profile to replace the ones that have the errors and the Patch will work. Just did it myself and Update was Completed!
    I also used the B5Draal fix - works like a charm. I used the retrofit mod and between the two got one of the most basic things CA should have provided. Good work by the community.

Maybe as CA moves on to other projects we can get them to open source MTW2/Kingdoms... Ba ha ha ha ha. Well, it was a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by countspongebob View Post
    I also used the B5Draal fix - works like a charm. I used the retrofit mod and between the two got one of the most basic things CA should have provided. Good work by the community.

Maybe as CA moves on to other projects we can get them to open source MTW2/Kingdoms... Ba ha ha ha ha. Well, it was a thought.
    I say we hire some ninjas to raid their offices and free the M2TW source code from their evil, evil clutches.
    Or some pirates.
    Or some ninja-pirates. :thisthreadneesaninjapirateemoticon:

inzaghi4ever's Avatar Libertus

i get the same problem with those errors with localised with both EU and US patch etc...BUT the patch seems to work...the king's stables are now buildable for KoJ,the forts are now of stone etc.so what's with those errors if the patch actually works even with them?!

ps:but I did spot something very strange...now the skin on the campaign map for the hochmeister in the teutonic campaign is not anymore that cool black one,it's the regular general skin of med 2,not even the king skin from kingdoms...

pss:the welsh reinforcements don't work...it seems that even with those errors only the crusades campaign has been patched succesfully even if i got the error on it too.the rest of the campaigns did not patch succesfully after all
    Last edited by inzaghi4ever; April 13, 2008 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inzaghi4ever View Post
    i get the same problem with those errors with localised with both EU and US patch etc...BUT the patch seems to work...the king's stables are now buildable for KoJ,the forts are now of stone etc.so what's with those errors if the patch actually works even with them?!

ps:but I did spot something very strange...now the skin on the campaign map for the hochmeister in the teutonic campaign is not anymore that cool black one,it's the regular general skin of med 2,not even the king skin from kingdoms...

pss:the welsh reinforcements don't work...it seems that even with those errors only the crusades campaign has been patched succesfully even if i got the error on it too.the rest of the campaigns did not patch succesfully after all
    Have you tried the B5Draal fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Have you tried the B5Draal fix?

just tried it,WORKS PERFECTLY,the patch installs succesfully!

HMonk's Avatar Decanus

I will wait to get this patch because I still can not get my Gold version(USA) to work yet, installs fine but will not run after loading. and my system has more than enough mem and power and graphx power to play it.
    Last edited by HMonk; April 13, 2008 at 04:24 PM.
    The Best Computer is Your Computer!

Please, Anybody who's actually got this patch working & tested it:

I downloaded the B5Drall fix.

Does this actually allow the CA/Sega patch to COMPLETELY patch the game fixing all the problems it said it would?

Thank you kindly,
    hellas1

Quote Originally Posted by hellas1 View Post
    Please, Anybody who's actually got this patch working & tested it:

I downloaded the B5Drall fix.

Does this actually allow the CA/Sega patch to COMPLETELY patch the game fixing all the problems it said it would?

Thank you kindly,
    hellas1

YES IT DOES!

I just downloaded the fix.

Thanks man!
    hellas1

+ Rep for you!

Yep. All hail B5Drall.

According to Wikiman, CA/Oz already had a fix Friday night but failed to tell us until they rolled into the office Monday morning. An officially working official US patch should be coming out shortly.

They should have worked over the weekend. Nice respect for their customers. BTW, I work in the software industry, and I guarantee my team would have been in working over the weekend after such a screwup.

Aside from that, I played a Teutonic battle (patched) in which the AI behaved so ridiculously that it has now (again) sucked the joy of playing (and the hope that the patch would improve things) out of me.

I'm back to playing Sins and COD4 again, I guess.

No more CA games for me for quite a while.

-Bob

Downloaded GOLD patch initially when I should have got European version so I had a wrong disc error after my first update.

Got the Euro patch and applied it on top (which it let me do so good work there) Patch installed and worked first time. Seamless.

+ Rep for CA

Old Geezer's Avatar Senator

I guess they went home for the day by now.

PeteSKTemplar's Avatar Ordinarius

Finally cz patch is avaliable though it wasnt mentioned (I found it accidentally). For those with that version here is a link:
    http://www.cdprojekt.cz/
    NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM!
    Those words were on lips of Templars when charging,
    M2TW DarthMod Team member - tester (Imperial Snowtrooper)

The patch needs to go back to Sega before its released.
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

Since people have gotten the patch to work, can anyone confirm of these things have been fixed?

1) No native faction can use their armour upgrade buildings in Americas.
    2) Apache horse upgrade effects only heavy calvary, they only have light.
    3) Rewards from Spain do not actually give you your 10 000 florin and such.
    4) Norway can not build units.

I really hope they fixed those in the Americas, but I do not see them listed. That campaign is still broken to me if it is in that state still.

Quote Originally Posted by Kogen View Post
    Since people have gotten the patch to work, can anyone confirm of these things have been fixed?

1) No native faction can use their armour upgrade buildings in Americas.
    2) Apache horse upgrade effects only heavy calvary, they only have light.
    3) Rewards from Spain do not actually give you your 10 000 florin and such.
    4) Norway can not build units.

I really hope they fixed those in the Americas, but I do not see them listed. That campaign is still broken to me if it is in that state still.
    The files that should fix these are not the ones that are causing the issues, so they should be fixed after looking through the files, if all 4 are actually bugs. I have not played the Americas campaign personally.
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

I just tried the UK-file swap thing and tested it myself; all bugs are still there. And yes they are bugs, as there is not a reason for you to build a "blacksmith" as natives if it does absolutely nothing(the armoured unit models exist, too). The same appies for the horse thing.

Norway can not build anything, either. This kind ruins any challange for the Danes and unbalances the campaign. I find it very hard to believe they could not fix such issues. I could actually do it, but I do not want to go through all that grunt work.

At least two of the four campaigns work right after half of a year. Now I can actually play the game. Well, half of it...