Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Update Released

CA Developer Icon Kingdoms Update Released

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/33549?page=-1

Please keep an eye on the above thread as more mirror links will be posted.

Hi guys,

I am pleased to report that the Medieval II: Kingdoms Update is now available to download from the following mirror sites:

UK Gold Version:
    Strategy Informer
    Worth Playing
    Gamershell

DE Gold Edition:
    Worth Playing
    Gamershell

FR Gold Edition
    Worth Playing
    Gamershell

IT Gold Edition
    Gamershell

ES Gold Edition
    Gamershell

European Version:
    Strategy Informer
    Worth Playing
    Gamershell

US Gold Version:
    Filefront
    Worth Playing
    Gamershell

Please stay tuned to TotalWar.com as I will be posting more mirror links as they become available.

The official update includes the following fixes:

- Forts in the Crusades campaign are now made of stone.
    - Fixed various units having incorrect shield values.
    - Fixed a number of inconsistencies between units' speech and their unit cards.
    - Fixed deployment zones being in unreachable locations on some river crossings and bridge battles.
    - Byzantine Gunners are now available to be recruited in the Crusades campaign.
    - Denmark now has Norwegian units available to them when the Kalmar Union is formed.
    - The Kingdom of Jerusalem can now construct King's Stables.
    - Byzantine can now construct a Marksmanship Range.
    - Mangonels can now be constructed at Siege Works in the Teutonic campaign.
    - Swordsmiths' Guild Headquarters now gives the correct bonus to Knights trained in the Crusades campaign.
    - Fixed Lithuanian Arquebusiers firing too frequently.
    - Fixed various units having incorrect banners on the battle map.
    - Fixed exploit that allowed certain characters' stats to be raised by repeatedly saving the game.
    - New Faction Leaders in the Teutonic campaign now have the correct model.
    - Crusading Nobles can no longer become the Faction Leader in the Teutonic campaign.
    - Fixed Wales not receiving reinforcements when capturing bordering English settlements.
    - Requirements of various Apachean units have been reduced allowing them to be more easily obtained.
    - Fixed the Norwegian banners displaying the Novgorod symbol when out of fog of war.
    - The Baron's Alliance no longer re-emerges after taking control of England.
    - Assassination missions targeting Crusading Nobles no longer expire when they are successfully carried out.
    - Dead wives no longer produce children in the Crusades campaign.
    - Faction heirs in the Americas campaign have had their loyalty increased to fix them rebelling early in the game.
    - Players no longer receive incorrect event messages in hotseat games.
    - Unique models on characters are removed when they change faction.
    - Fixed the family tree disappearing when a princess is married to General who becomes the Faction Leader.
    - Fixed Scottish family tree in the Britannia campaign.
    - Fixed soft-lock that occurred with multiple armies on the battle map.
    - Fixed crash that occurred when disbanding a unit whilst merging two armies.
    - Crash after auto-resolving a siege battle from a hotseat save game no longer occurs.
    - Crash that occurred when loading a battle from the campaign map edge no longer occurs.
    - Kingdoms no longer crashes when playing battles after unpacking the game's data.
    - Fixed unique unit recruitment in the Crusades campaign.
    - Small black rectangles no longer appear on the campaign map.
    - Improved siege auto-resolve for the Britannia, Crusades and Teutonic campaigns.
    - Various localisation fixes.
    - Problem with shadows not displaying on computers with DX10 cards fixed.

There are also a number of miscellaneous fixes and balance tweaks included.

Thanks,

Mark O'Connell
    (aka SenseiTW)
    Last edited by Garnier; June 09, 2008 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Added more mirrors from TW.com

Default Re: Kingdoms Update Released

Great news. Almost as good as the download speed that I'm getting

Quote Originally Posted by John Hawkwood View Post
    Great news. Almost as good as the download speed that I'm getting
    If your in Europe, the US patch is bugged. couldn't even up the Winrar.

The EU version seems bugged, too. When I install it, it keeps saying the "D:\Medieval II Total War\mods\americas\packs\localized.pack" is missing or invalid. But I just had a clean installation of Kingdoms. It's very wierd! I doubt whether it's the right patch!

Quote Originally Posted by MrIrritation View Post
    If your in Europe, the US patch is bugged. couldn't even up the Winrar.
    It appears that the US patch download from Strategy Informer has become corrupted, there is now a link to download the US patch from Worth Playing that provides a non-corrupted file.

Indefinitely Banned

As I bought Med 2 and Kingdoms separately, I'm assuming I need the "European" link, as opposed to the "Gold" one.

Does anyone know how the patch would effect the playability of mods such as PDER, SS and DLV etc.?

Yes you would need the European link. Mods should work fine with the patch, I've tested it with LTC Gold and LTC Gold worked fine.

hey guys, i have a gold edition but im not sure if it's uk or de or fr or whatever. which should i download?

Whichever one matches the language of your game, UK for the UK English version, FR for French, DE for German.

Robo1992's Avatar Decanus

How come every time I go to worth playing I click download and it just reloads the page over and over??

hmm and for the australian version??? or will it work with the european?
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

You will need the European version.

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

so what did i download yesterday? it was about twice the size of this one.....

Robo1992's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by spanish_emperor View Post
    hmm and for the australian version??? or will it work with the european?
    the Australian version kept reloading the page. but i am now using US mirror 2 on wortplaying

The EU version seems bugged, too. When I install it, it keeps saying the "D:\Medieval II Total War\mods\americas\packs\localized.pack" is missing or invalid. But I just had a clean installation of Kingdoms. It's very wierd! I doubt whether it's the right patch!
    What version of the game do you own and what patch did you download?

EU, I think. And I downloaded EU Patch. But I also tried US and UK gold Patch. They all popup the same error.

Edit: I saw someone posted the same problem on the official forum.

it give me an error when installing about the localized.pack
    Last edited by zxiang1983; April 10, 2008 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    Whichever one matches the language of your game, UK for the UK English version, FR for French, DE for German.
    Thank goodness for that. I had downloaded the Gold version, and the spent an hour going mad trying to work out what was wrong!

I bought my game over here in the UAE (in the Middle-East), which version should I pick ?

I sound like a noobie, but since I live in neither Europe, UK nor the US, it's confusing.

EDIT: Since my version says "Armour" and not "Armor", I will download the Euro version.

Quote Originally Posted by bdotward View Post
    so what did i download yesterday? it was about twice the size of this one.....
    Yesterday you downloaded a version for the ppl who stole the game: It came with a unprotected .exe which saves the scene the effort of cracking it: Nice one CA

Do i extract the patch at C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War ? (this is probably noob question but i like to be sure)
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast