Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genealogy research for Renaissance era (1395)

Default Genealogy research for Renaissance era (1395)

If you dont mind I would like to use this therad only for this purpose - as my work will continue I will present here the results of my research on family trees in 1395. And I will edit continually this post as the work progress.

There is only couple of issues I would be glad if someone from SV mod could clear for me.
    1. In what form should I present the names - in their native (meaning the faction they represent, they are part of) or in english? I started with royals of Hungary and for help I looked in to the current state of mod and saw that there is used for hungarian in some era the name King Lászlo the Honorable (So I guess that according to that (á) it is in hungarian? Am I right? So for HRE I should use german form of names etc.?
    2. Are you aiming at representing those royal family trees exactly like they were in 1395? Because right in my first faction I encountered problem - that wife of the Hungarian king died in 1395 (So I dont know if it is modable if it is possible for you (the modders) to "kill her" so she will apper ingame when you click on family tree as a dead in that grey. And also if it is a gameplay-wise because (thanks to gameplay mechanic - its not possible for FM to remarry) this way the king will never had any child or another wife. Nevermind this is up to you to decide - I will only try to show you the results of my research.

Kingdom of HUNGARY - Magyar Királyság
    Royal family tree
    King Zsigmond (27 yo) - Queen Mária (24 yo)(died in 1395)

King of Hungary
    Zsigmond (hungarian),Sigismund (german) Zikmund Lucemburský (czech)(ruled Hungary 1378 – 1437) (born 1368) In RE he should be 27 years old. Later he became king of Bohemia (in 1419) and even later he was elected as a emperor of the HRE (in 1433)

There is a problem with his wife (Queen of Hungary Mária (Mary in english) she should be represented dead in this mod, because she died exactly on the starting date in 1395 - she was 24 years old at this time, and she was pregnant when she died.

Mária and Zsigmond had no child (the one she carried in her belly died with her). Zsigmond remarried in 1406, his new wife Cillei Borbála (Barbara of Celje) was cousin of his first wife mary and they had only one child a girl Elisabeth which was born way after RE starting date in 1409.

Zsigmond of Luxemburg was obviously from house of Luxemburg so maybe he should have the trait (Of Germani Blood) but in those times bloodlines of those nobles were so mixed that his ancestors were germans, czechs, polish, lithuanians....etc. And also in 1396 (a year after starting date) he was in command of huge combined army of various christian nations which he led against the Turks (who tried to gain some teritories at the expanse of hungarians)- so the traits could reflect this somehow (He must have been man of some reputation when he was allowed to lead such an army.)

Hungarian generals - there is a possibility to add Herman II of Celje (born 1365, in game he would be 30 years old) (Hermann Graf von Cilli - in german) as one of hungarian general. He was father of Zsigmund's second wife Barbara. And what is important: he served under Zsigmund in his 1396 campaign against the Turks and also saved Zsigmunds live in battle, for which he was rewarded with the county of Seger. But he was not of hungarian descent his ancestors were bosnian or serbian.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 26, 2008 at 01:01 AM.

Default Re: Genealogy research for renaissance ERA (1395)

We are able to start campaigns with dead characters in the tree, so this is not a problem. If the leader was remarried, I would include the new wife, even if it is a few yeas off. I would rather have characters with the incorrect age, than have random children appearing in the tree.

In the case of illegitimate children, I usually represent this by showing the illegitimate son as the spouse of the mistress.

Lastly, it would be great if you could list the info in the following format:

1 - Leader (bnnnn, dnnnn) + wife (bnnnn, dnnnn)
    2 ---- child1 + wife/husband (bnnnn, dnnnn)
    3 --------- grandchild (bnnnn, dnnnn)
    2 ---- child2+ wife/husband (bnnnn, dnnnn)
    2 ---- child3+ wife/husband (bnnnn, dnnnn)
    2 ---- child3+ wife/husband (bnnnn, dnnnn)

bnnnn = birth year, dnnnn = death year

You could also list important non-family generals.

Something like this will make it very easy to draw up the tree.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; April 09, 2008 at 11:49 AM.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Kingdom of HUNGARY - Magyar Királyság

1 - Zsigmond (1368, 1437) + Cillei Borbála (1390, 1451)
    2 ---- Elisabeth (1409, 1442)

Or you could go with his first wife and since she died at 1395 we could play a WHAT IF SCENARIO like she haven't died that year, this would be probably better because if you would like to include the later wife you would have to change her age, because in reality she was only 5 years old at 1395.

1 - Zsigmond (1368, 1437) + Mária (1371, 1395)

BYZANTIUM - Basileia ton Romaion (Ioannes V and Andronikos IV should be killed, and Manuel II should be the leader.

1 - Ioannes V Palaiologos (1332, 1391) + Helena Kantakouzene (1333, 1396)
    2 ---- Andronikos IV (1348, 1385) + Keratsa of Bulgaria (1348, 1390)
    3 --------- Ioannes VII (1370, 1408)
    2 ---- Manuel II (1350, 1425) + Helena Dragaš (1372, 1450)
    3 --------- Ioannes VIII (1392, 1448)
    3 --------- Theodoros II (1396, 1448)
    3 --------- Andronikos (1403, 1428)
    3 --------- Konstantinos (1405, 1453)
    2 ---- Theodoros I (1355, 1407) + Bartolomea (??, ??)

NOTE: If i could just say one thing I think that it would be better if you tried to represent the exact situation of the starting year 1395, if possible of course and not change things like age of character or implement characters which were not born yet. (Of course if there would be for example some 13 years old king or prince, then it is neccessary to change his age, but as little as possible so in those cases 16 years would be appropriate. But that is just my opinion.

BTW:Constantinopole was besieged from the year 1394 till 1402 by Sultan Bayezid, so this could be an idea that could be implemented to the Renessaince Era to place Sultan Bayezid with army near Constantinopole (or if possible even place him besieging the city)
    Last edited by herbsman; April 13, 2008 at 06:04 AM. Reason: improved tree for Byzantium to add Manuels brother Theodoros I and his nephew Ioannes VII

SICILY - Regno di Sicilia

1 - Martin (1374, 1409) + Mary (1362, 1402)

They both survived their only child, in 1402 after Mary's death Martin remarried (was in need of hier) he took Blanche of Navarre and they had one kid Prince Martin but he died soon (born 1403-1407)

DENMARK - Kongeriget Danmark
    This one is quite tricky - in 1395 there was the Kalmar Union thing going on (Kingdoms of Norway, Sweden and Denmark under one rule)
    And Margaret was the queen of Denmark (hold the danish throne from 1387 to 1412) she was co-regent with Erik of Pomerania (whom she adopted), and they co-ruled together the whole Kalmar Union. Erik of Pomerania was elected King of Denmark from 1396 to 1439. So it would be possible to have him as a king of Denmark. (But he was also king of Norway (1389-1442) and king of Sweden (1396-1439). So it maybe could be a good idea to represent the whole Kalmar Union in the Renaissance era instead of just a single Denmark.

1 - Erik of Pomerania (1382, 1459) + Philippa of England (1394, 1430)

Note: now I see that you had probably a good point previously about the necessity of change of the age of some characters. The family trees I did doesn't look very rich: who would have thought that there were so many young rulling couples with no kids.

This is characterization of Erik from wiki (could help with his traits)
    "From contemporary sources, Eric appears as an intelligent, visionary, energetic and a firm character. That he was also a charming and well-speaking man of the world was shown by a great European tour of the 1420s. Negatively, he seems to have had a hot temper, a lack of diplomatic sense, and an obstinacy that bordered on mulishness"

Generals/Governors for Denmark/Kalmar:

Should Pomerania be a part of Kalmar Union or Denmark? (according to that 1400 map they should) But I am not sure. I have found Dukes of Pomeranian teritories in 1395 maybe they could be used - Or if Pomerania will be rebel they could be used as a rebel governors.

Barnim VI Duke of Pomerania-Wolgast (1365, 1404)
    Boguslaw VII Duke of Pomerania-Stettin (1355, 1404)
    Wartislaw VIII Duke of Pomerania-Rugen(1373, 1415)
    Last edited by herbsman; April 12, 2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Adding (possible?) governors for Denmark respective Pomerania

SCOTLAND - Rěoghachd na Alba

1 - Robert III Stuart (1340, 1406) + Anabella Drummond (1350, 1401)
    2 ---- David Stuart (1378, 1402) + Marjorie Douglas (??, ??)
    2 ---- James Stuart (1394, 1437) + Joan Beaufort (1404, 1445)
    2 ---- Elizabeth (??) + James Douglas Lord of Dalkeith (??, ??)
    2 ---- Mary (??) + Geore Douglas earl of Angus (??)

Robert was coronated in 1390 and ruled until his death in 1406. His first son David died in prison on starvation and his second son James (who later become James I the king of Scotland) was held as a hostage by Henry of England up until he reached his 18 th birthday and ransom was paid for him.

Generals/Governors

Robert Stewart The Duke of Albany (1340, 1420) he was half brother of King Robert III Stuart, and he struggled with sons of King Robert III over the throne. He served some time as a regent. He even was the one that ordered the arrest of David (who died in prison on starvation). So he should be made a very un-loyal general.

Murdoch Stewart The Duke of Albany (1362, 1425), he was son of Robert Stewart (Duke of Albany). Murdoch took part in battles against England. In 1402 he was even captured after some battle, but he was released. (they traded him for Henry Percy)

AZTECS - Mexěcâ

1 - Huitzilíhuitl (1379, 1417) + Miyahuaxihuitl (??, ??)
    2 ---- Chimalpopoca (1397, 1427)
    2 ---- Moctezuma (1398, 1469)

Huitzhilíhuitl had two wifes (at least two) So I chosed the one with more easily pronounced name and that is Miyahuaxihuitl.

Just my rant: I think that Aztecs are kinda a waste for this mod. (And I say this as a big admirer of Meso America, and Indian culture) I mean that there is going to be the need to add the new world to the map so this will eat you the number of provinces you could use for current map, and also the obvious "loss" of one faction, I think that Teutones would be a better suited for this mod. That is just my opinion of course.

FRANCE - Royaume de France

Kill Charles V (died in 1380) and give title of a King to his son Charles VI.
    Charles VI had cool nickname Charles the Mad (apparently he had some psychotic problems which began to develop in him during his mid-twenties so it would be nice if some "funny" traits could reflect this. (He suffered from Bipolar disorder and schizophrenia)

1 - Charles V (1338, 1380) + Jeanne de Bourbon (1338, 1378)
    2 ---- Charles VI (1368, 1422) + Isabeu of Bavaria (1371, 1435)
    3 --------- Isabella (1389, 1409)
    3 --------- Joan (1391, 1433)
    3 --------- Charles (1392, 1401)
    3 --------- Michelle (1395, 1422)
    2 ---- Louis (1372, 1407) + Valentina of Milan (1371, 1408)
    3 --------- Charles (1394, 1465)
    3 --------- Philip (1396, 1420)

Generals/Governors

Philippe II Duke of Burgundy (1342, 1404) he was brother of Charles V King of France.
    Jean II Duke of Burgundy (1371, 1419) - he was the son of Philippe - and for some period of time he was regent of France.
    They both were from house of Valois (same as french roayal family) so if the Burgundy will be in hands of France ingame you could include these two as non-family governors/generals

Jean Duke of Berry (1340, 1416) - he was Duke of Berry and Auvergne and Count of Poitiers and Montpensier. And he was brother of Charles V King of France.

HRE -Sacrum Imperium Romanum

This one is also a tricky one. In 1495 there was an emperor Wenzel von Luxemburg (in czech Václav IV.), but we could say that thanks to internal rebelions and for the fact that there was dissatisfaction with him (nobility was against him). So he was an emperor without empire. In 1934 he was even arrested by nobility (so in game he should have really low authority etc.), although he was freed the same year by his loyal brother Johann von Gorlitz (Jan Zhořelecký) who had to put an army together and he then marched towards the Prague (where Wenzel was held). Johan von Gorlitz could be represented in game either as a general or as a brother of the king in family tree.

1 - Wenzel (1361, 1419) + Sophie von Bayern (1376, 1425)

Wenzel never had a child

Wenzel liked to drink (he was called Drunkard) and he also liked to hunt (But the part about him being drunkard was a german propaganda, they also claimed about him that he was very lazy etc.). It would be cool if it could be represented by certain traits. Also Wenzel had many conflicts with his brother Zsigmond (then king of the Hungary) who later succeeded him (1410) in the german throne. And I should add that he should have also the ancilliary the King of Bohemia - he was coronated in 1378)

Generals/Governors for HRE:

Jobst of Moravia (1351, 1411) he was margrave of Brandenburg from 1388 to 1411, so he should be included.

Ruprecht III (1352, 1410) he was Elector Palatine from 1390 and German King from 1400 until his death, he should be included.

Albrecht IV. Duke of Austria (1377, 1404), if Vienna will be in control of HRE he should be included.
    Wilhelm of Austria (1370, 1406), If Vienna... and he ruled Carinthia, Styria and Carniola.

Albert I. Duke of Bavaria (1336, 1404), if Bavaria will be in control of HRE he should be included. (his daughrer married Albrech IV. Duke of Austria)

Wilhelm II. Duke of Bavaria-Strauing (1365-1417) If Bavaria...... (he was the son of Albert I. Duke of Bavaria) and also held following titles count of Holland, count of Hainaut and count of Zeeland.

Ludwig VII Duke of Bavaria (1365, 1447) If Bavaria.... He was duke of Bavaria-Ingolstadt from 1413 until 1443

Johann III. Ohnegnade (1374, 1424) he was first bishop of Liege (1389, 1418) then he was duke of Bavaria-Straubing and count of Holland and Hainaut. (He was the youngest son of Albert I, Duke of Bavaria)
    Last edited by herbsman; April 12, 2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: IMPROVED FAMILY TREE FOR FRANCE + added generals for FRANCE and HRE and Scotland

This is very good I think it is better to maintain the continuity of the dynasty over a few generation, than to worry too much about the exact ages. We have to live with the limitations of the game engine.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

General for Hungary.

I have found one non-family member general for Hungary. Which I thnk should be included in the game. His name is Hunyadi János, the problem is that he was born in 1387 (the most earliest estimated date), or even later in 1400.

He was very important figure, he commanded many battles against the Turks and from 1446 to 1453 he even served as a regent of the Kingdom of Hungary. And his son Mátyás became king of Hungary (he was born in 1443 and ruled from 1458)

It seems that Hunyadi János entered the servis of the King of Hungary Zsigmond while he was very young. Because father of János - Vajk Hunyadi was a noble who also served under Zsigmond.

So I think that there is couple of ways to represent him in the game. You could include János's father Vajk in the family tree of King Zsigmond somehow and in the way that at the starting date he will have 8 year old kid named János.

In this case you would need to add this part in some way into King Zsigmond family tree.

1 - Vajk Hunyadi (??, ??) + Erzsébet Morzsinay (??, ??)
    2 ---- János Hunyadi (1387, 1456)

BTW: Is there any way for non family tree generals to have kids coming from age? That would be ideal

Or you could for example simply include János at the beggining of the mod. (you could double his age). And make him 16 years old general.

Here are some links with sources about János Hunyadi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hunyadi
    http://www.britannica.com/eb/article.../Janos-Hunyadi
    http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07564b.htm
    Last edited by herbsman; April 19, 2008 at 01:15 PM. Reason: corrected name of Vajk Hunyadi (from Vojk to Vajk)

TIMURIDS -Timuriyan

1 - Timur (1336, 1405) + wife? (??, ??)
    2 ---- Jahangir (probably dead)+ wife? (??, ??)
    3 --------- Pir Muhammad (1374, 1407)
    2 ---- Umar Shaikh (probably dead) + wife? (??, ??)
    2 ---- Miran Shah (1366, 1408)+ wife? (??, ??)
    3 --------- Aba Bakr (??, ??)
    3 --------- Khalil Sultan (1384, 1411)
    2 ---- Shah Rukh (1377, 1447)+ Goharshad (??, ??)
    3 --------- Ulugh Beg (1393, 1449)

Timur was succeeded by his grandson Pir Muhammad. Miran Shah suffered from mental difficulties which were result of some injury from battle.

ENGLAND - Kingdom of England

For england I would suggest to shift the throne to the next king. What I think by it is that in 1395 the King of England was Richard II. from house of plantagenet, but in 1399 he was replace by king from another lineage. The new king of England was Henry IV. Bolingbroke from house of Lancaster. Also Richard's first wife Anne died in 1394 and he married his second wife Isabella when she was only 6 years old in 1396 and King Richard never had a child. So I think that it would be better to go with the later king of England Henry IV. because his son and grandson both also became kings of England later. What is your thought on this?

Version for King Richard II.

1 - Richard II (1367, 1400) + Isabella of Valois (1389, 1409)

Version for King Henry IV. Bolingbroke

1 - Henry IV (1366, 1413) + Mary de Bohun (1369, 1394)
    2 ---- Henry V (1387, 1422)
    2 ---- Thomas (1388, 1421)
    2 ---- John (1389, 1435)
    2 ---- Humphrey (1390, 1447)

Generals/Governors for England

John of Gaunt (1340, 1399) Duke of Lancaster. He was father of king Henry IV, and king Richard II was his nephew.
    John Beaufort (1373, 1410) Earl of Somerset. He was illegitimate son of John of Gaunt, and half brother of king Henry IV.
    Thomas Beaufort (1377, 1427) Duke of Exeter. He was illegitimate son of John of Gaunt, brother of John Beaufort, and half brother of Henry IV.
    Ralph de Neville (1364, 1425) Earl of Westmorland. He married Joan Beaufort - an illegitimate daughter of John of Gaunt.

PORTUGAL - Reino de Portucale

1 - Joăo I (1357, 1433) + Philippa of Lancaster (1360, 1415)
    2 ---- Duarte (1391, 1438)
    2 ---- Pedro (1392, 1449)
    2 ---- Henrique (1394, 1460)
    2 ---- Isabel (1397, 1471)

They had even some more kids. Joao was succeeded by his son Duarte (aka Edward). Joao had some kids even before he met his wife Philippa, he had two kids with lady that was called Ines Peres Esteves those kids were - Alfonso (born 1377 died 1461) he held the title of duke of Braganza, and Beatriz (1382-1439). Alfonso took part in the portuguese conquest of Ceuta. So I think that he could be included as a general. And if it would be possible for him to have some trait like "Bastard" or something then it would be supersweet.

Here is characterization of Joăo I from wikipedia (that could help with his traits)
    "Contemporaneous writers describe him as a man of wit, very keen on concentrating the power on himself, but at the same time with a benevolent and kind personality. His youth education as master of a religious order made him an unusually learned king in the Middle Ages. His love for knowledge and culture was passed to his sons"

General for Portugal:

Nuno Álvares Pereira (1360, 1431) - he was very skilled, veteran commander and very loyal to Joăo I (he distinguished himslef during Portugal civil war 1383-1385)

POLAND - Królestwo Polski

1 - Wladyslaw II Jagiello (1362, 1434) + Jadwiga (1373, 1399)

1399 Jadwiga gaved a birth to a daughter, but both mother and her daughter died within a month.

Generals/governors for POLAND

Zawisza Czerwony (Zawisza the red) (??, 1433) he was knight and member of royal administration. His service to Queen Jadwiga was so good that she awarded him large estate.

Zawisza Czarny (Zawisza the black) (1379, 1428) was very famous polish knight and diplomat, he had won many tournaments. He was present at the battle of Grunwald againt Teutonic Order.

Siemowit IV, Duke of Masovia (1352, 1425), In 1386 he accepted the rule of Wladyslaw II, and became a vassal of Poland. Then he married Aleksandra (sister of Wladyslaw II) and recieved some land.

plus one possible polish Cardinal or priest
    Wojciech Jastrzebiec (1362, 1436) he was bishop of Cracow and Poznan. And overally he was a prominent figure on the polish royal court, he even had the honor to crown king Wladyslaw III of Poland.
    plus one possible polish diplomat
    Pawel Wlodkowic (1370, 1435) he was scholar, jurist and rector, he studied at Prague University (1393). And then he was send on many diplomatic missions.
    Last edited by herbsman; April 12, 2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Added governors/generals for England, Portugal and Poland

SERBIA - Srbsko Carstvo

1 - Stefan Lazarevič (1374, 1427) + Helena Gattilusio (??, ??)

Stefan and Helena married in 1405 and they had no childern.

note: Serbia should start as an vassal of Ottoman empire.

Generals for SERBIA

Duraď Brankovič (1377, 1456), he was nephew of Stefan Lazarevič and succeeded him on throne of Serbia.
    Nikola Gorjanski (1367, 1433), he married Jelena Lazarevič (sister of Stefan). And was ban of Slavonia, Croatia and Dalmatia. He along with Stefan was a member of Order of the Dragon which was created by Hungarian King Zsigmond.

BULGARIA - Balgarsko Tsarstvo

1 - Ivan Sracimir (1325, 1397) + Anna (??, ??)
    2 ---- Doroslava (??, ??) + Stepjan Tvrtko (1338, 1391)
    2 ---- Konstantin (1371, 1422)

Doroslava's husband Stepjan Tvrtko was ruler of Bosnia (they married in 1374). Konstantin was crowned as co-emperor in 1395, and he fully succeeded his father after his death in 1397.

Following character could be included as general: Fružin (??,??), Fružin was cousin of Konstantine and they together led anti-Ottoman revolt in Bulgaria. Fružhin was son of Ivan Šišiman. (Šišman was a brother of Ivan Sracimir). Also it should be said that Šišman was executed in 1395.

RUSSIA - Moskovskoe Velikiy kniazhestvo (you should kill of Dimitry, and Vasily I should be leader.)

1 - Dimitry Donskoy (1350, 1389) + Eudoxia (??, 1407)
    2 ---- Vasily I of Moscow (1371, 1425) + Sophia of Lithuania (1371, 1453)
    3 --------- Anna (1393, 1417)
    3 --------- Yury (1395, 1400)
    3 --------- Ivan (1396, 1417)
    3 --------- Anastasia (1398, 1470)
    2 ---- Sofia (??, ??) + Fyodor Olegovich (??, 1427)
    2 ---- Yury (1374, 1434)
    2 ---- Andrei (1382, 1432)

SPAIN - Reino de Castilla y León

1 - Enrique III (1379, 1406) + Catherine of Lancaster (1373, 1418)
    2 ---- Maria (1401, 1458)
    2 ---- Catalina (1402, ??)
    2 ---- Juan (1405, 1454)

Enrique was succeeded in throne by his son Juan in 1406, The new king Juan was still a toddler. During that time his mother Catherine and his uncle Fernando were co-regents till 1418 when his mother died (his uncle died even earlier). Juan was quite a prick towards Jewish people, he declared Valladolid laws, which even further restricted rights of Jews.

NORMANS - Corona d'Aragó

Juan I. of Aragon was a king but he died in 1396 and in that year he was succeeded by his brother King Martín so I think that it would be best (if possible) to implement in family tree even their father Pedro (who died in 1387) and kill him via some script, this will allow us to have two branches of the family - The branch of Juan and also branch of Martín.

1 - Pedro (1319, 1387) + Eleanor of Sicily (1325, 1375)
    2 ---- Juan (1350, 1396) + Violant de Bar (??, ??)
    3 --------- Violant (1383, 1443) NOTE she was married to Louis II of Naples so if he will be in as a king dont include her in this tree
    2 ---- Martín (1356, 1410) + María (??, ??)
    3 --------- Martín el Joven (1374, 1409) + Mary of Sicily (1370, 1402) NOTEdon't include this couple they are already in Regno di Sicilia
    2 ---- Eleanor (1358, 1382) + Juan de Castilla (1358, 1390)
    3 --------- Enrique (1379, 1406) NOTE this Enrique should not be included because he is the king Enrique from Reino de Castilla y León.
    3 --------- Fernando (1380, 1416) + Leonor de Alburquerq (1374, 1435)
    4 -------------Alfonso (1396, 1458)
    2 ---- Alfonso (??, died young)

Please let me know what you think about implemetnig Pedro and killing him via script to make this possible - I think that this could be really good to have Juan (1350 - 1396) as a king of Aragon, with a possibility that if he dies (in you campaign) he will be succeeded by his brother Martín as he was in reality. So I would like to ask if it is possible to give Juan the title of King and his brother Martín would be titled as a prince. (Since Juan had no son, he had only daughter Violant)

Martín's son called Martín el Joven (the younger) became in 1392 the King of Sicily and he ruled Sicily until his death in 1409.

THIS FAMILY TREE (CORONA D'ARAGO) gaved me really hard time and I need a rest.

EDITED: Important - now I realized that Martín el Joven and Mary of Sicily from Corona d'Aragó family tree - are already in the family tree for Regno di Sicilia as a King Martin and Queen Mary!!! Also with relation to Martín el Joven (Martin King of Sicily) and Enrique king of Castilla y León and their origins (roots) in the Crown of Aragon royal family. I think that these three factions (Castilla y León, Regno di Sicilia and Corona d'Aragó) should be made a very strong allies in the 1395 with good relationship.
    Last edited by herbsman; April 12, 2008 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Added Serbian General + redone family tree for RUSSIA to include Vasily's brothers and sisters

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Nice, you are very diligent
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Thanks, as I said I have lots of time on my hands right now.

PAPAL_STATES - Patrimonium Sancti Petri

1 - Bonifacius IX (1356, 1404)

EGYPT - al-Mamlukiyya

1 - Barquq (??, 1399) + ?? (??, ??)
    2 ---- Faraj (??, 1411) + ?? (??, ??)

whole name of Barquq is Al-Malik Az-Zahir Sayf ad-Din Barquq whole name of his son Faraj (who succeeded his father) is an-Nasir Nasir-ad-Din Faraj

UPDATED: Faraj was killed in 1411, and after his death two Mamlukes tried to restore the order, they were named al-Mu'ayyad (ruled 1412-21) and Barsbay (ruled 1422-38). So I think that it would be possible to include al-Mu'ayyad and Barsbay as a generals.
    http://san.beck.org/1-12-Africato1500.html

ARMENIA - Royaume de Chypre

1 - Jacques I de Lusignan(1334, 1398) + Helvis (1353, 1421)
    2 ---- Jean II de Lusignan (1375, 1432)+ Charlotte (1388, 1422)
    3 --------- Jean (1418, 1458)
    3 --------- Anne (1415, 1462)
    2 ---- Philippe de Lusignan (1376, 1430)
    2 ---- Henri de Lusignan (1378, 1427) + Eleonore (??, 1414)
    2 ---- Agnes de Lusignan (1382, 1459)

Jacques I de Lusignan should have ancillary's King of Armenia and King of Jerusalem - they were only his titular crowns. (But it would be nice touch to give them these anciliaries.) At that time Cyprus held only one Armenian city and that city was called Korikos.

Dates of birth of Philippe de Lusignan and his brother Henri de Lusignan are not known, so I guessed 1376 and 1378, because Jacques with Helvis had lots of children.

Fourth son of Jacques I de Lusignan was a Cardinal of cyprus, so I have not included him in that family tree. But if you want you could make him cardinal or priest in-game. His name was Hughues Lancelot de Lusignan. I dont know when he was born (but he must have been younger then his brother Jean (b. 1375) and older then his sister Marie (b.1381 - she is not in tree, because she was married to Ladislaus king of Naples so she probably will be in tree of kingdom of naples as a queen) and he died in 1442.

TURKS - Osmânli Imparatorlugu

1 - Bayezid (1354, 1403) + Devlet (??, ??)
    2 ---- Mehmed (1389, 1421) + ?? (??.??)
    3 --------- Murad II (1404, 1451)
    2 ---- Kasim (??, ??)
    2 ---- Isa (??, ??)
    2 ---- Mustafa (??, ??)

Bayezid had three sons before he had Mehmed, but because not much in know about the three previous sons and Bayezid was succeeded by Mehmed I decided to not include those previous sons into family tree. (they were named - Ertugrul, Süleyman and Musa).

Mehmed was very tolerant and clever, he supported and admired literature and arts.

Generals/Governors for Osmânli Imparatorlugu

Çandarlı Ali Pasha (??, ??) He held the position of Grand Vizier from 1387 to 1406. Grand Vizier was the greatest minister of the Sultan with absolute power of attorney and, in principle, dismissable only by the Sultan himself.

Saurca Pasha (??, ??) He held the position of Kaptan Pasha from 1401. Kaptan Pasha was title given to the chief commander of the navy.
    Last edited by herbsman; April 13, 2008 at 07:17 AM. Reason: added generals/governors for TURKS

QUESTION:

Please could you tell me what branch of mongols are Altan Ordyn Uls? Golden Horde, White Horde....???

And also MOORS - al-Watasiyun : are they Wattassids? Wouldn't it be better to include Marinids? I am not sure but according to wiki Wattasid dynasty appeared little later - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wattasid_dynasty

Wattasid dynasty (1420-1547)
    Marinid dynasty (1215-1420)

Thanks.
    Last edited by herbsman; April 11, 2008 at 07:28 AM.

This is great, thanks for all the help!

Altan Ordyn Uls is the Golden Horde, and the al-Watasiyun are the Wattasids.

I think you may be right about using the Marinids. Can you get there information as well?

MONGOLS - Altan Ordyn Uls

Toqtamish was Khan of Golden horde in 1395 but he was defeated by Temur Qutlugh and his friend Edigu in 1396, and in 1396 Temur Qutlugh was crowned as Khan of Golden horde, even though the actual ruler was Edigu. But because I can't find informations about Temur Qutlugh family, but I have found informations about family of Edigu (who anyways was the real ruler) we could switch official positions of these two men. So I think that it would be best to have Edigu as a Khan, and his friend Temur Qutlugh could be presented as a non-family member general. What do you think?

1 - Edigu (1352, 1419) + Djanikhe (??, ??)
    2 ---- Mansyr Murza (??, ??) + ?? (??, ??)
    3 --------- Temsubui Murza (??, ??)
    3 --------- Temir Murza (??, ??)
    2 ---- Nureddin (??, ??)
    3 --------- Akhaz (??, ??)
    3 --------- Abbas Murza (??, ??)

They all are males (except of Djanikhe of course)
    and here is general - Temur Qutlugh (1370, 1399)

BTW: Edigu is the founder of Nogai Horde (they were settled in Caucasus Mountains) and his son's and grandsons were later Khans of this Nogai Horde)

here are some links
    Edigu
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edigu
    http://www.britannica.com/eb/topic-179157/Edigu
    Nogai Horde
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nogai_Horde
    Temur Qutlugh
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temur_Qutlugh
    http://www.geocities.com/somasushma/toqtamish.html

MOORS al-Watasiyun

This ruler is from Marinid dynasty

1 - Abdul Aziz II (??, 1398) + ?? (??, ??)
    2 ---- Abdullah (??, 1399)
    2 ---- Abu Said Uthman III (??, 1420)

I am not sure if Abdullah and Abu are really sons of Abdul Aziz, (I cant find anything closer on them) And I am not even sure if they died on those years - Only thing I know is that these three people were rulers of Marinid Dynasty and the years 1398, 1399 1420 are the years in which reigns of those given rulers have ended. I will return to this tree later if I manage to find something about them. Now I have discovered some good info about Mamlukes so I will update their family tree.
    Last edited by herbsman; April 11, 2008 at 10:47 AM.

SAXONS - Regno di Napoli

I am just working on Kingdom of Naples tree, But I need an advice, there was that dispute between house of Anjou and house of Durazzo, and I cant pull out who was the real King of Naples? Louis II took possession of Naples in 1390, but in 1399 it was Ladislas who took Naples back. I will do family trees for both houses and it will be up to you to decide who is the rightful king.

house of Durazzo

1 - Ladislas (1376, 1414) + Marie de Lusignan (1381, 1404)

Ladislas was married three times, he divorced with his first wife Constanza in 1392, then he married Maria in 1403 (she died year later) and he took his third wife in 1406.

there were no childern from either of these marriages.
    But he had one illegitimate son - Rinaldo di Durazzo (Rinaldo held the title prince of Capua).

house of Anjou

1 - Louis II (1377, 1417) + Yolande of Aragon (1383, 1443)
    2 ---- Louis III (1403, 1434)
    2 ---- René (1409, 1480)
    2 ---- Charles (1414, 1472)
    2 ---- Maria (1404, 1463)

Yolande of Aragon is also in family tree of Corona d'Arago (as a Violant) so if Louis will be included as a king of Naples don't include Violant as a daughter in Aragon family!

JUST an IDEA: I think that it could be good idea that for example if you choose Louis II as a King of Naples, then you could place Ladislas near Neapol with an army as a Rebel character and vice versa.
    Last edited by herbsman; April 11, 2008 at 12:37 PM.

QUESTION: which faction will hold Milano in renaissance ERA? Will they be rebel or part of HRE or part of Repůblica di Genua or else? I think they were part of HRE but I am not sure.

I ask this because I have found family tree of the Duke of Milan Gian Galeazzo Visconti (he was duke of Milano from 1395). So he could be implemented either as a governor of Milan or family member for some faction.

Last edited by herbsman; April 12, 2008 at 06:27 AM. Reason: spelling

VENICE - Sereněxima Repůblica Včneta

Venier served as a Doge of Venice from 1382 till 1400

1 - Antonio Venier (??, 1400) + Agnese (??, 1410)
    2 ---- Ursula (??, 1411)

http://www.scholarsresource.com/browse/work/8681

Antonio Morosini (from one of the most respected Venetian noble families) could be represented as a governor or general. Altough he was from such a prominent family Antonio actually was not a prominent Venetian citizen during his lifetime. He played small or even no role in the aministration of Venice. He was probably born in 1363. He was a scholar who has written the Morosini codex.
    http://www.geocities.com/serban_mari...jones2002.html

The next Doge after Venier was Michele Steno who hold the office of Doge from 1400 to 1413.

http://www.aboutvenice.org/doge-of-venice.html
    Last edited by herbsman; April 12, 2008 at 06:19 AM. Reason: added Venier's wife and daughter's names

MILAN - Repůblica di Genua

Anthony Adorno was Doge from 1394 till 1396

1 - Anthony Adorno (??, ??) + ?? (??, ??)

check this link
    http://genealogy.euweb.cz/pan/genoa.html

According to this link France controlled Genua from 1396 till 1409, and then Genua was also under the spher of influence of Milan. So maybe República di Genua should be replaced by Duchy of Milan for renessaince era? What do you think?

This is from wiki:
    "Decline

As a result of the economic retrenchment Europe in the late 14th century, as well as its long war with Venice, which culminated in its defeat at Chioggia (1380), Genoa went into a decline. The rising Ottoman power cut into the Genoese emporia in the Aegean, and the Black Sea trade was squeezed off[2].
    Genoa was ultimately occupied by the French or the Milanese for much of the period. From 1499 to 1528, the Republic reached its nadir, being under nearly continual French occupation. The Spanish, with their intramural allies, the "old nobility" entrenched in the mountain fastnesses behind Genoa, captured the city on May 30, 1522 and subjected the city to a merciless pillage. When the great admiral Andrea Doria allied with the Emperor Charles V to oust the French and restore Genoa's independence, a renewed prospect opened: 1528 marks the first loan from Genoese banks to Charles (Braudel 1984)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Genoa
    Last edited by herbsman; April 12, 2008 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by herbsman View Post
    QUESTION: which faction will hold Milano in renaissance ERA? Will they be rebel or part of HRE or part of Repůblica di Genua or else? I think they were part of HRE but I am not sure.

I ask this because I have found family tree of the Duke of Milan Gian Galeazzo Visconti (he was duke of Milano from 1395). So he could be implemented either as a governor of Milan or family member for some faction.

In the current setup, they are part of the HRE. I think it would be a good idea to add their tree as well, since I have extra factions than can be rename and reused in the Renaissance.

Can you get Georgia's family tree? Since I have added Jerusalem, I will use them as Cyprus, and reuse the Armenians as Georgia. This is for the Renaissance era only.

[EDIT]

I just reread your posts, and I agree that it would be a good idea to use Genoa as Milan in the Renaissance. I'll look into it a little more.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; April 12, 2008 at 08:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast