Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Halie's Shed...

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Halie's Shed...

Welcome to the 'Shed''

This is where I'll post units I've made for fun rather than any specific mod, I may take requests though can't promise speedy delivery, or actually taking a unit on. Sorry...Feel free to post pics but please try to provide a link to the pics origin if able..

If you intend to release them as part of a mod please remember to give accreditation and let me know by posting here or by Pm..

If anyone spots any problems let me know and I'll fix them, (Though not expecting any tbh..) ..

Please. No questions on how to implement them, there are lots of tutorials in the tutorial forum here,on the Wiki and at the .Org...
    (Yeh,.. grumpy)

Celts.
    Inc;
    .Cas (models)
    Textures.
    Info cards.
    Battle cards.
    I'll make Sprites sometime soon..

Unit names are arbitrary, so while the Scutarii probably isn't a ''Scutarii'' when naming units I just call it whatever comes to mind at the time, in game you can call them what you like....

Index of assigned weapons.
    Celts..
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Celtiberian_infantry; Javelins/sword
    Celtiberian_Noble; Spear only
    Celtic_Standard (bearer) ; Sword
    Celt_heavy_infantry; Spear/Sword
    Eire_Bonnacht; Sword
    Eire_Kerns; Javelin/sword
    Eire_Spearmen; Spear
    Eire_Swordmen; Sword
    Gaul_Axemen; small axe
    Gaul_infantry; Sword
    Gaul_noble; Sword
    Germanic_Swordmen; Sword
    Lusitanian_spearmen; Spear
    Scutarii; Javelin/sword

Now you probably want to see what your getting...

Close up shots.

Carthage

The pack consists of four battle units, plus a General, Captain and standard bearer. In the end I decided not to release the Liby spearman as he doesn't really fit with these units.

Inc;
    Models.
    Textures.
    Info cards.
    Battle cards.
    Sprites, one day when I have time...

Index of assigned weapons.

Carthage_armoured_infantry; Sword.
    Carthage_Peltast; Javelin and sword.
    Carthage_Poeni_infantry; Spear and Sword.
    HS_Carthage_Sacred_band; Spear and sword.

Pictured;

Poeni infantry, Armoured Infantry, Sacred Band, Liby Phoenician hoplite.

Close up shots.

General, Peltast, Captain, Standard bearer.

Roman Officers

Something I hope many will enjoy, must be better than that ''drowned rat'' the vanilla standard bearer Romans came with...

Pictured; Signifer, Imaginifer, Aquilifer.

Notes;
    I've left the banner as blank as poss' so you can fill whatever you want in there as far as legion names go, and the plaques are easily re-skinned, in fact I don't mind if people want to re-skin the uniforms completely, for historical context sake, the point was to replace those crappy vanilla standards..

Close up of textures..

Animal heads originally by ''hoggy'' of Blue Lotus, If you plan on releasing these as part of a mod make sure you credit hoggy as well as myself. Big thanks to hoggy for making his work open source.
    Inc;
    Models.
    Textures.
    (no UI cards since officers don't have them..)

Shields

The first couple of sets are by 'Nicholas Panos', I can't find his site so if any one does come across it let me know so I can link it here.

Thank you.

If you wish to add your own please make sure they are facing head on and aren't blurred.

(distressed)

as per post 53..

As a side project, maybe..

I saw this program about two years ago and the version available then either wasn't free or very user friendly so I promptly forgot about it, then about a week ago while trawling goggle for portraits this came up again.

Not only is it free (demo version) but it's so easy to use I think every mod team should give this a go..(tutorial on the DL page) ..

It's even possible to import a picture of yourself and then generate a 3d head which could be put in game, a element which I'm sure will appeal to someone..

http://www.facegen.com/modeller.htm

You'll need a bit of basic image editing to make the generated faces fit portraits and you need to remove the ''SI'' Logo from each one, but that's not so hard..

The only other drawback is hair is very limited with only three types available, but again a bit of editing can overcome that easily enough..

These are examples from my '300 mod'. Which will include 70 new Greek generals (old and young) ..

It would be very cool if others contributed a for different factions, pretty much all ethnic types can be generated..
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; January 22, 2010 at 12:09 PM.

Default Re: Halie's Shed...

"Oooooooooooooooh"

These look nice.

Unfortunately I dont have time to impliment a load of models even though I would love to.

Perhaps Halie's Shed could employ a coder to be paid in smilies...

This is indeed fine work though and I may have to get round to this when exams go back to the hellish place from whence they came.

Beautiful units, Halie. And it is very generous from you to place them at our disposal. I am quite sure that FRRE is going to use some of these so as soon as I have a list I will send it to you in order to ask for the proper permission.

Thanks again!

Blog Entries

Perhaps Halie's Shed could employ a coder to be paid in smilies...
    I was going to do some coding but people tend to use units for different reasons, factions/mercs, and have to change any code released anyway. Does that sound a convincing side step for my being lazy?..

I am quite sure that FRRE is going to use some of these so as soon as I have a list I will send it to you in order to ask for the proper permission.
    You just did, please feel free to use them as you wish..

Campidoctor

Halie your skins are so stylized, I could never see you working on a realism mod. They are beautiful skins none the less.
    Last edited by Son of Mao; April 09, 2008 at 09:48 PM.

Great looking units, Halie.
    Hope one of these days you decide to make a few Greek/Hellenic units just for fun..... Great stuff man......

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Hi Halie!

If you feel like it could you make something like this

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosynierzy ... (irregulars)

And another pike armed peasant irregular with a brown cap and brown clothes.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tobolight View Post
    Halie your skins are so stylized, I could never see you working on a realism mod. They are beautiful skins none the less.
    Like EB?...hmm, The ''Shed'' has many dark corners where little elves tinker with my work producing their own creations, even I don't know what might be going on in there..

Hope one of these days you decide to make a few Greek/Hellenic units just for fun
    Perhaps, one or two (if you have pics send them to me), I happen to have a couple of Carthaginian's knocking about...And there is the '300' units to come..

Obi Wan Asterix
    If I have time, or the elves aren't to busy...
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; April 10, 2008 at 11:17 AM.

webbird's Avatar Senator

Celts models, do my old ears hear the word celts???????

*steel-like modder claws close firmly around celts.zip and ripp it from the web*

:O) thanks for sharing with us HS !!

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Like EB or ROP?...hmm, The ''Shed'' has many dark corners where little elves tinker with my work producing their own creations, even I don't know what might be going on in there..

Perhaps, one or two (if you have pics send them to me), I happen to have a couple of Carthaginian's knocking about...And there is the '300' units to come..

If I have time, or the elves aren't to busy...
    They are 18th Century For a mod of unnamed names

Thanks... and the Elves get a round of Guiness on me!
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Blog Entries

Is the pike two handed or used as a spear..?

Is the pike two handed or used as a spear..?
    Two handed but not long... so no Phalanx :p.... just cheaply manufactured spears to equip a peasant levy.... the Scythe is two handed and a fearsome weapon indeed.

Here is more on the weapon in English Halie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_scythe
    Last edited by Obi Wan Asterix; April 10, 2008 at 08:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Sexy yes, or sexy no...?

edit; took spoilers off in case Asty doesn't have his glasses on and misses these guys..
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; April 10, 2008 at 09:36 PM.

webbird's Avatar Senator

thumbs up!!!

even it seems bulky and more difficult to fight in those clothes, flowing robes like this help so much to show the difference of cultural taste in the game.
    I like it!

Blog Entries

Cheers mate...

They need those big coats, it gets very cold in Poland apparently...

Sexy yes, or sexy no...?
    Err...not the kind of human being that I would consider sexy (even on a VERY drunk state ), but it is a superb unit, I must say

On the other hand, some days ago I scanned some pictures for Limes. If you do not mind, I am uploading them here, just in case that you need inspiration for some sort of unit.

Upper line: from left to right: Edetani warrior, Celtiberian warrior, Turdetani Warrior, Lusitani warrior
    Bottom line: Numidian cavalry, Numidian skirmisher, Lucanian warrior, Samnite warrior

Upper line, from left to right: Carthaginian officer, Liby-phoenician Soldier with short spear for garrisoning duties, Liby-phoenician Phalangite with Roman cuirass after Lake Trasimene battle, Carthaginian Standard Bearer

Bottom line: Gauls

From left to right: Carthaginian officer, phalangite with chain mail (after Cannae), phalangite with linen cuirass.

Again, from left to right: Turdetani warrior, North-Westerner warrior (Lusitani, Oretani, Celtic or Oretani), Vaccei warrior

Anyway, if this post is not suitable for this thread, please feel free to delete it (but please, keep the part about the sexyness or Polish peasants )
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; April 10, 2008 at 12:59 PM.

Nice looking work HS!

Blog Entries

@Salvor; Carthage is the one faction I have a soft spot for and always play first whenever a new mod comes out. I started work on these a few weeks ago when a certain mod asked me to make a liby_phoenician_hoplite, it gave me an excuse to make a few more...I'll release these fairly soon, just might fill out a mini faction roster first...

Obviously my guys aren't exactly as other mods portray Carthage, but the first three are interpretations of images found by typing Carthage, armies, Hannibal, ect ect into google... the forth is from a supplied image..(I know looks odd to me to, but if you work out who it was for you'll know why I didn't question it)

Pictured;

Poeni infantry, Armoured Infantry, Sacred Band, Liby Phoenician hoplite.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; April 10, 2008 at 09:16 PM.

Halie, those are great. I hope you don't mind if I sticky this.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Blog Entries

Why would I mind...

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast