View Poll Results: Which would you rather have?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kingdoms Patch

14 10.45%
  • Stainless Steel 6.0

93 69.40%
  • this poll sucks

27 20.15%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Patch or SS 6.0

Default Re: Kingdoms Patch or SS 6.0

I'd vote 6.0 if I could. I can't play vanilla M2TW anymore. They can patch it all they want, the SS modders do a much better job.

Even if 6.0 was not here I probably wouldnt bother to install patch 1.5
    Only some very minor issues with the kingdoms campaign are fixed, so basically no impact on grand campaign games, even less on SS

Would the patch be compatible with 5.1? Anyone know?

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by mangoo- View Post
    Would the patch be compatible with 5.1? Anyone know?
    I havn't bothered to download it yet, but i was wondering the same.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Foederatus

It seems like the 1.5 patch isn't even compatible with itself.

TheColdTruth's Avatar Ordinarius

Ya, dont even bother to d/l the 1.5 patch. I retract my vote of the patch and put 30 more votes to the release of SS 6.0!

I go for waiting for a month so that way SS can port over to 1.5, because 1.5 fixes the graphic bugs with vista cards and I'm tired of playing a good mod with no shadows and stupid 2d looking trees.

I would rather have SS, since I bought Kingdoms I have yet to play the mini-campaigns. I only have interest in the grand campaign so SS has my vote. Although, since I'm on steam, i may have no choice but to install it.

well what they did on this patch, you can find over twc community, fix's etc etc so nothing new on this patch, disapointing....... so i would choose SS without any doubts!
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

i voted for the patch for i do play Kingdoms and SS.

for some reason i find threads like this sort of insulting to what CA works on.....

Watch some of me replays for RTW http://www.youtube.com/user/TeutonicJoe

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Joe View Post

for some reason i find threads like this sort of insulting to what CA works on.....
    I find CA releasing a patch that half of their buyers can not install insulting..

did you honestly need to quote my post when its above yours.....and why couldnt they download the patch? thought the SS thing was resolved and that the mod can be played on it....

Watch some of me replays for RTW http://www.youtube.com/user/TeutonicJoe

Yes, I did need to quote you. An the problem with the patch has nothing to do with SS. Has to do with CA and bad files in the patch.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Joe View Post

they didnt fix anything major though. try to understand that...

thdot44's Avatar Tiro

im a bit confused, i downloaded the retrofit mod for kingdoms/medieval 2, i know i will have to reinstall for ss 6.0 but can i install this patch with the retrofit mod? thanks

MORBIDYAM's Avatar Semisalis

in all likelihood you can the retrofit mod is basically just added kingdoms units, so the patch should work with retrofit, plus I believe the mod leader said the patch should work, but if there have been any recent developments I would go to the retrofit mod subforum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Zuma View Post
    he don't download my mod and say that there are stuff from DLV and BC maybe he Nostradamus
    tAnGeRiNeS fOr ThOuGhT? i ThInK NOT!

thdot44's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by MORBIDYAM View Post
    in all likelihood you can the retrofit mod is basically just added kingdoms units, so the patch should work with retrofit, plus I believe the mod leader said the patch should work, but if there have been any recent developments I would go to the retrofit mod subforum.

hey appreciate it, i will definately look there, from what ive been reading the patch isnt working anyway, us version at least.

thdot44's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by thdot44 View Post
    hey appreciate it, i will definately look there, from what ive been reading the patch isnt working anyway, us version at least.
    after looking at some of the posts about the new patch, i am just going to wait for 6.0 to be released, ive seen to many people say the download and unpacking is messed up.

i have another question though, will i be able to download ss 6.0 over the retro fit mod or would it be wise to start fresh with kingdoms 1.3 (i think)?

I voted Stainless Steel 6. Although to be precise I will continue to use 5.1 + mini mods until version 6 has a stable Real Combat and Recruitment mod to lay on top.

With all respect to CA, I don't see how the handful of stat tweaks in the Kingdoms 1.5 patch can possibly compete with the sophisticated stat rebuilding and level of field testing that Stainless Steel and Real Combat has been subjected to. I don't think the official patch has much value for us and I wouldn't consider it a priority to upgrade, particularly if it means giving up any of the user-created goodness we have here for any amount of time.

I'd imagine the chances are that killer new features such as overhauled campaign or battle AI will not appear in a Kingdoms patch since Empire TW is in the works.

SS 6.0 fo shall
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast