Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Patch 1.5 released!

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Re: Kingdoms Patch 1.5 released!

How disappointing that no major issues have been corrected after all this time.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Default Update error

When I do the patch it says invalid or missing localized pack for all of my mods (Americas, British isles, etc). Anyone else got this problem?

Will

jarnomiedema's Avatar Artifex ad Infinitum

The patch that was released wasn't the right version, William1976, so you might want to wait until the announcement comes along that the correct version is up for download.. It's highly likely that you'll be able to install that one..

Under the patronage of his Estonian Eminence Trax

TheColdTruth's Avatar Ordinarius

I wouldn't download any of the patches out there till you check to see if they announced it on the main totalwarforums.com page.

SenseiTW said this earlier "UPDATE: The mirrors have been temporarilly taken down as the wrong version was uploaded for hosting. We are working to correct this issue and I will get back to you ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience. In the mean time, I will leave up the fix list for further discussion.
    Please stay tuned to TotalWar.com as I will be posting more mirror links as they become available. "

Fenix_120's Avatar Senator

Do not download from those websites!

Use your heads, if they pulled the patch its becuase something is wrong!!!

People will just have to find it out the hard way

Nice job CA!

The fixes are minor fixes. I don't see how it would affect SS or any other mod at all, other than the incorrect shield values correction, which may already have been addressed by SS or Real Combat by the way.

MORBIDYAM's Avatar Semisalis

Well I disagree I think the family tree fix was rather major, as people can now actually marry a noble and kill off their original dynasty without any major reprecussions. This will drastically change gameplay for many (as it was a hardcoded bug for family trees to disappear, that got really annoying. So I think one hardocoded major bug is a big deal considering it cant simply be fixed by modders themselves
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Zuma View Post
    he don't download my mod and say that there are stuff from DLV and BC maybe he Nostradamus
    tAnGeRiNeS fOr ThOuGhT? i ThInK NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by MORBIDYAM View Post
    Well I disagree I think the family tree fix was rather major, as people can now actually marry a noble and kill off their original dynasty without any major reprecussions. This will drastically change gameplay for many (as it was a hardcoded bug for family trees to disappear, that got really annoying. So I think one hardocoded major bug is a big deal considering it cant simply be fixed by modders themselves
    That may be true. Maybe I am shortsighted in this area, my point is I have never once said "I wish somebody fixed this family tree". Bit I do remember wishing for a better campaign AI , battle AI, path finding not to mention a good troop desertion model , population dependent recruitment , armysupply model and attrition.

There was one other big fix that wasn't included in the official list...

The shadow bug affecting all DX10 cards is gone! Surprised CA didn't mention that one...but I'm just glad it's in the patch

Campidoctor

I personally would rather wait a little longer and have 6.0 be based off the 1.5 patch
    Last edited by Son of Mao; April 09, 2008 at 08:21 PM.

Fenix_120's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Tobolight View Post
    I personally would rather wait a little longer and have it be based off the 1.5 patch

Yeah, might save us a head ache.

Snizel's Avatar Semisalis

I don't think KK would mod 6.0 with the 1.5 patch as he's almost finished the mod and loads of people really want to play it. I think 6.1 will probably be created to incorporate Kingdoms 1.5 patch into SS.
    I saw, I bought, I played

Also we don't really have a 100% knowledge of how much SS is completed or how far from release it was before we heard of the Kingdoms patch.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by TheColdTruth View Post
    Also we don't really have a 100% knowledge of how much SS is completed or how far from release it was before we heard of the Kingdoms patch.
    Actually we do. It's 99,98%.

Quote Originally Posted by Scalylizard View Post
    That may be true. Maybe I am shortsighted in this area, my point is I have never once said "I wish somebody fixed this family tree". Bit I do remember wishing for a better campaign AI , battle AI, path finding not to mention a good troop desertion model , population dependent recruitment , armysupply model and attrition.
    I completely agree with you, believe me I'm not trying to defend CA's patch by any means, my point is to say that the family tree thing is a major issue for the sizable portion of people who like to customize their factions, and not just have the same family line everytime. Besides most of the stuff you mention is already included in SS so the fact that its not included in the patch is atleast slightly softened, but I'm just saying the non miserable failure of family trees to cope with foreign nobles greatly enhances ones role playing ability. So because of that I'm saying its worth putting the patch in 6.0.
    he don't download my mod and say that there are stuff from DLV and BC maybe he Nostradamus

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    Actually we do. It's 99,98%.
    KK has been saying that since March...soooooo...ya i dont think we know if it really is 99.98% done so we should just wait for the kingdoms patch.
    Last edited by TheColdTruth; April 09, 2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Well we may not be able to count the days until 6.0 is released, but atleast we can count the days until Bush is out of office, atleast 6.0 will be out before then!

LOL gives ya something to count for?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast