Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Kingdoms Patch 1.5 released!

Default Re: Kingdoms Patch 1.5 released!

I cant say that im happy over the new patch, so hopefully we dont need to update it to the new patch to play 6.0

it looks like everymod go well with the new patch then i don't see any problem for SS6.0 with the new patch

From Unspoken Knight (creator of Retrofit mod (upon which PDER is based) and employee of CA):

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Unspoken Knight
    The Retrofit Mod should automatically pick up any Kingdoms related code fixes in the patch. Since there are no major data fixes in the Kingdoms patch that are relevant for Retrofit (or Medieval II), then there is currently no need for a new Retrofit.

The fixes that should be picked up automatically include:

- Fixed exploit that allowed certain characters' stats to be raised by repeatedly saving the game.
    - Fixed the family tree disappearing when a princess is married to General who becomes the Faction Leader.
    - Fixed soft-lock that occurred with multiple armies on the battle map.
    - Fixed crash that occurred when disbanding a unit whilst merging two armies.
    - Crash after auto-resolving a siege battle from a hotseat save game no longer occurs.
    - Crash that occurred when loading a battle from the campaign map edge no longer occurs.
    - Kingdoms no longer crashes when playing battles after unpacking the game's data.
    - Improved siege auto-resolve.
    - DX10 Shadow bug

There are some relevant minor data fixes that will NOT get picked up:

- Fixed a number of inconsistencies between units' speech and their unit cards.
    - Small black rectangles no longer appear on the campaign map.

I think most of the other fixes in the patch are not relevant for the Retrofit Mod.

Without re-testing all areas of the Retrofit Mod with the patch I cannot explicitly state that the Kingdoms Patch is fully compatible with Retrofit.

I can state that I believe the Kingdoms Patch should be fully compatible and doesn't change any existing data formats in the Retrofit Mod (or other Kingdoms Mods).

So it looks like most of the data (ie text file) changes are specific to the individual Kingdoms campaigns. The hardcoded changes mentioned should be picked up automatically by the Kingdoms.exe file.

I'd rather have SS6.0 compatibile with the Update.
    I just want the SS6 to be a really great event and I can wait until it gets perfect!

HELLO GUYS..WHERE CAN I FIND KINGDOMS PATCH 1.5 TO DOWNLOAD FREE?CAN YOU SEND AME A LINK IF IT IS POSSIBLE?I HAVE KINGDOMS 1.4 I CANT FIND IT..

Welcome Orthodox Alliance to the twc.

I "think" these are the latest patch: (There's 2 Version"

M2TW: GOLD http://www.gamershell.com/download_24606.shtml

M2TW: Non-Gold http://www.gamershell.com/download_24914.shtml

after 45min of searching various websites including segas
    " O F F I C I A L " website , which i might add kept me looped at the choose language screen so i had to look at cached sega-webpages, i could not find this 1.5 patch at all.
    after such a time of frustration i finally find this page in the google search with a working downloadlink on last page.
    very disapointed at the difficulty ive been presented with just to find the 'latest' patch.

Sega isn't what I'd call the best publisher we could wish. Support of the Total War series is moderate at best, and they use Securom (annoying buyers, while copiers aren't bothered).

Biggieboy's Avatar Campidoctor

Seriously, I can't find the 1.5 patch! I have a patch, but that's for version 1.05, which I'm assuming isn't the same? because I tried 2 mods, and neither work! very frustrating!

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Biggieboy View Post
    Seriously, I can't find the 1.5 patch! I have a patch, but that's for version 1.05, which I'm assuming isn't the same? because I tried 2 mods, and neither work! very frustrating!
    It's the same thing.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Full marks on grave robbing and extra bonus points on not using google ...

2nd hit on the page google brings you to is the sega download site.

http://help.sega.com/index.php?_m=do...loaditemid=215

Ok, I'm having trouble installing the 1.5 patch to kingdoms and hoping someone can tell me how to get it going so I can move on and start adding updating mods... This is real frustrating. The patch starts up fine and starts running but it wont update the separate campaigns ie..americas, teutonic etc.. every campaign once updating the installer stops and says: Error: invalid or missing target D:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\Mods\americas\packs\localized.pack Failed to update Medieval Total war americas...Please apply this update again.. and then prompts me to uninstall americas, teutonic etc...Delete all the folders and reinstall...That shouldn't make any difference. I have just uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game from medieval 2 twice...as the propmt then tells me to do.. a fresh install to the D drive, which is on a second partition on my hard drive.. It's a new computer, and I'm having trouble setting things up now that I have the internet. I've looked into troubleshooting this problem everywhere and found nothing related... it should be something simple i presume: Somehow I have to make it see the campaigns in the folder but the patch gives me no directory options...I'm lost! please help. Maybe I need to install this damn game to a different type of folder...I dunno what to think.
    Last edited by Majordea; May 21, 2011 at 09:32 AM. Reason: ok nevermind I got it 2 work.. I must have downloaded the gold version...

Wolfcp11's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Majordea View Post
    Ok, I'm having trouble installing the 1.5 patch to kingdoms and hoping someone can tell me how to get it going so I can move on and start adding updating mods... This is real frustrating. The patch starts up fine and starts running but it wont update the separate campaigns ie..americas, teutonic etc.. every campaign once updating the installer stops and says: Error: invalid or missing target D:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\Mods\americas\packs\localized.pack Failed to update Medieval Total war americas...Please apply this update again.. and then prompts me to uninstall americas, teutonic etc...Delete all the folders and reinstall...That shouldn't make any difference. I have just uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game from medieval 2 twice...as the propmt then tells me to do.. a fresh install to the D drive, which is on a second partition on my hard drive.. It's a new computer, and I'm having trouble setting things up now that I have the internet. I've looked into troubleshooting this problem everywhere and found nothing related... it should be something simple i presume: Somehow I have to make it see the campaigns in the folder but the patch gives me no directory options...I'm lost! please help. Maybe I need to install this damn game to a different type of folder...I dunno what to think.
    Really dude? Out of all the places to post, you drudged up this 3 year old thread?

btw, please tell me you did not pirate the game.
    "Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." -Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Majordea View Post
    Make sure you are using the correct 1.5 patch (there are gold, nongold, europe, uk... etc versions) and have a look at / post in
    Medieval II: Total War Technical Help
    Post any questions relating to problems installing or using Medieval II: Total War/Kingdoms here.
    Topic closed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456