Thread: Problem with Marian Reforms

Default Problem with Marian Reforms

I'm trying to test things for the post-Marian project and am having trouble with the triggering the Refoms. I'm running XGM 5.6.7 straight, no other mods. While I was testing on version 5.6.5, the reforms did trigger properly.

I have modded descr_strat to give an imperial palace to the Romans at Arretium and to the Roman Rebels at Croton, both valid places to trigger the reforms, I checked the descr_regions to make sure and both regions I used do have the italy resource. However, I end the turn and next turn the reforms have not happened, even after two turns it hasn't triggered, I'm at a loss and I can't test many things without the reforms.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Problem with Marian Reforms

You have to build an Imperial Palace - one in place at the start of the campaign won't do it. Try placing a Proconsul's Palace, a high population, and then using the console command process_cq to finish an Imperial Palace quickly.

I'll try that, but that doesn't help for non-Roman factions, anyway it worked before, I had it set the same way when I was using 5.6.5, and it worked fine.

I was getting KTMs after I wrote that post, I may have messed the files up beyond help, so I think I need to reinstall anyway.

Thanks for your help, Dime.

Eureka!

I've gotten it to work again, and only using descr_strat, so I am vindicated, the reforms are triggered merely by having an imperial palace in an Italian city.

Photo proof, check the date.

All I did was, change the core building at Arretium to a imperial palace, change the city size to huge city, and added 20000 population; no script or console command necessary.

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Congratulation! Caesar.