Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE II: HELP REQUIRED

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 2.0: HELP REQUIRED

Quote Originally Posted by renegade765 View Post
    Everything alright there Socal? Your mod is one of my favorites..
    Quote Originally Posted by marrow View Post
    Hey Socal, just to let you know that I can't be of help at present but I urge you to take it easy. Real life should always take precedence, modding is effectively a pastime no matter how many of us hound you to finish PDER 2.0 ASAP. I'm having an awful time at work myself right now and at the moment TW is way too serene to quench my blood thirst so I play shadow of rome on ps2! I totally understand if you're fed up just now.
    Keep your chin up and maybe come back to this lil project once you're in the clear. I know I'll wait patiently mate!
    P.S. - excellent work this far, one of my top 3 mods to date (alongside upcoming PI and RS 1.5 for RTW). As medieval period mods go this one definitely gets my vote!
    Thanks all. I'm definitely taking it easy lately. But lately I've been getting the itch to get back to PDER 2.0. I got a tad overwhelmed at all I had planned, but I have actually done a lot - knights and sergeants are done, byzantium roster, they heavies are more or less taken care of, kypchaks are done. So while I still have some work to do, if the volunteers still decide to help, I can do it.

I want to play Kypchaks personally.

Hi that's great news, as I am really big fan of your mod.

I would like to offer you my help - the drawback is that I absolutely can't mod ( I am that anti-technical type of person who can barely make a phone call from mobile phone )

However I could be used for some research - as I have plenty of time on my hands and I have even some minor experience in this field (I have helped with genealogy research for Sicilian Vesper's mod)

So for example if research is still needed for starting historical personages (as is noted at the start of this therad) then that is something I think I would be able to do.
    Last edited by herbsman; June 19, 2008 at 02:40 PM.

Hey Socal_infidel,

I would definitely like to help but while technically adept and keen I am not the reliable type. Real life is playing havoc on my leisure time (work, missus, family - the works) and I simply cannot predict how much spare time (if any) I will have to do what I want on any given day.
    I offered my services to PI team as I'm gagging to play it but I got dragged away from the comp and barely managed 15 mins of TW time a week lately...

Best of luck nonetheless and thanks for all your hard work mate.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

hi Socal,

though i will be busy with dHHR, id also like to see PDER 2.0 and so i may be of some help. ive done quite a lot of research for dHHR which may be useful for PDER, too. i could also be helpful in local moderation services (this forum could really use another local ).

Regards HxM

(+ dHHR team, all true PDER fanboys)

Hmmmm... I truly like the new attributes, rewards, etc that are included in the "Long Road Scenario". For instance, the granting of titles to the generals from different provinces, also the whole arch-bishop thing. Other than that, this looks like a great mod.

I'd like to get 2.0 out asap, I'd be willing to join the team, if you need me send me a pm.

i would also like to join this mod as a researcher and once i get used to 3d modeling i will be able to help there 2 im just starting to model recently so its bad but improving

Sanskrit_Bandit's Avatar Wielki Kniaź Wiślański

Hi socal, did you need anyone for historical research pertaining to anything to do with Poland? I think the faction itself needs a complete revamp, as it doesn't clearly fit into the whole catholic faction grouping

Libertus

OK. I sore this thread and did some googling. This is what I have found so far about the County/Duchy of Toulouse.

Raymond count of Toulouse participated in the first crusade in 1095, there was a bit of information on him so I'll look up more tonight when I get home from work.

Toulouse was considered part of the kingdom of France but maintained it's independance and autonomy and ruled itself.

This is also a map of South Western Europe at approximately 1100 AD showing the estimated borders of Toulouse. It shows Toulouse and Narbonne as the Duchies 2 primary settlements. I'll do some more searching tonight to see if I can find some more detailed maps. SE
    Last edited by Stalins_Elite; December 09, 2008 at 10:05 PM.

I have a unit balancing system worked out for 1.0 that would work great as standard for 2.0, but not sure what your vision or sense is. Anyway, I've written a lengthy post called 'PDER 2.0 Unit Balancing Project' which is a stand alone thread down below. Already basically completed for 1.0, and I have the file ready for anyone who wants it.

Hello just picked up the mod + the XAI addon and its been nice to get back into MTW2 with a bit of fresh air. I was looking to contribute to the mod and help out in the coding department (still going over the tutorials since I have no prior modding experience).

I also found this great free website xp-dev (dunno if I'm allowed to link directly but its easy to just google it) that I think would be great for hosting PDER since it has up to 1000mb free hosting, bug tracker, svn support etc. I would be very interested in helping out with the project management if you guys ever decided to use any kind of formalized system.

Anyway if you still need helpers in those areas let me know and I would be happy to try and contribute to speed up the development and train myself in modding as well at the same time.

Hey Socal, not sure where this mod is at, but if need help with coding, let me know.

I just wanted to try this mod because I saw that it has a simple and realistic system, especially an AOR system.
    And what I see now ?
    You want also to implement that unrealistic and masochistic army supply system.
    That system is completelly absurd.
    If you do that you will lose exactly what you have now. A clear and realistic concept.
    Do you think it is historical accurate that general units die of hunger after a couple of turns and other units doesn't care of it ?
    Shurely it would be a good game enhancement to have a supply system supported by the game core with visible wagons. But as long it is not supported it is absurd and fantasy-like to have it as trait system and only valid for generals. If not implemented than it means only that it is not emphasized.
    If you really want to give a game deepness with the trait system it is much better and more realistic something like in EB1.2 with moral decrease step by step for general armies on foraigh territories.
    I hope you will not go also in direction fantasy-mod.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibalus View Post
    I just wanted to try this mod because I saw that it has a simple and realistic system, especially an AOR system.
    And what I see now ?
    You want also to implement that unrealistic and masochistic army supply system.
    That system is completelly absurd.
    If you do that you will lose exactly what you have now. A clear and realistic concept.
    Do you think it is historical accurate that general units die of hunger after a couple of turns and other units doesn't care of it ?
    Shurely it would be a good game enhancement to have a supply system supported by the game core with visible wagons. But as long it is not supported it is absurd and fantasy-like to have it as trait system and only valid for generals. If not implemented than it means only that it is not emphasized.
    If you really want to give a game deepness with the trait system it is much better and more realistic something like in EB1.2 with moral decrease step by step for general armies on foraigh territories.
    I hope you will not go also in direction fantasy-mod.
    The supply system I have in mind is not like that really. In fact, it is exactly as you suggest - akin to the Europa Barbarorum system.

Don't worry I try not to steer to far into fantasy. That's why I doubt I'll implement a Schooling Traits system. Silly to me.

On another note, I am damn near done placing all the PSFs on my effing map. Once that is done I can finally hash out the river crossings and forest placement. Then it's a matter of finalzing my map heights and city size and I can preview this sucker!

Or maybe if I get bored tonight I'll post a screen of work in progress....

Socal_infidel
    thanks
    In EB I saw the best implemented solution which would fit to the supply system.

However this could be theoretically improoved.
    If supply goes low could eventually die some low value troops but not the general troops. If supply goes low I think in reality every general would try to feed in the first line his most valuous troops. However this action must be ballanced by troops without general with higher routing probability. Othervise just before dying some troops player would separate them from the general.
    I don't know how complicated would be modding that. On the vanilla american campain units without general are routing with very high probability. And they are usind the same game core just another modfolder. This is just a simple idea but may be too complicated the solution.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

*Ahem*

Have you had a chance to survey what Dearmad and I whipped together, social? I thought we could take away some of the burden of creation If you like, I can summarize BBB's new Supply System.
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

OK
    I' m curious.

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE II: HELP REQUIRED

hi
    i would join the develop of the mod
    i'm a good researcher(i work for macchiavello total war mercator)
    hi

Hi there, I could give a hand with Aragón, if needed.

Studpuffin's Avatar Tiro

I want to volunteer to help as well.

I'm still pretty new to modding in general, as I've mostly worked on things for myself. However, I can do a lot of the basics. I'm fairly good with the text files as I am consistently modding them now as I've been working on my own sub-mod for a while now. I'm not up to snuff with the major modders, but I'm diligent. I'm a fair researcher, am a history major in school, and will most likely have a boat load of free time over the next few months (probably through April-May). Just let me know if you need any help.
    Last edited by Studpuffin; December 21, 2009 at 06:18 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast