Thread: Why Does it mattter?

WeiesBlitz's Avatar Libertus

Default Why Does it mattter?

The " it" being unit size, small, normal, large. Why is it that all trade vessels whether cart or boat, will not show on the map when small unit size is selected? Why does it matter? All responses are welcomed ,THX.:hmmm:
    Long Live Venice![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: Why Does it mattter?

Unit size is the number of men in a single platoon or unit. Like default is 60 men in most swordsmen, while you can get it to like 80

I've never played on small unit size, so I've never seen the trade vessels disappear as you say. Unit size does change the default number of men like obbob said. Normal is 60 for a standard unit, 90 on larger and 120 (I believe) on huge.

Quote Originally Posted by obbob View Post
    Unit size is the number of men in a single platoon or unit. Like default is 60 men in most swordsmen, while you can get it to like 80
    Hey THX for reply, but my question is why does unit size selected as small dictate whether Trade vessels are present on the map. If you have small unit size selected then there are no trade carts or vessels present on the campaign map.

Quote Originally Posted by WeiesBlitz View Post
    Hey THX for reply, but my question is why does unit size selected as small dictate whether Trade vessels are present on the map. If you have small unit size selected then there are no trade carts or vessels present on the campaign map.
    I have noticed this to, does anyone know?

Senator

people should just play on large at the minimum. i have a very very pos computer (amd 3200, 1 gig ddr ram, x300 se) and it can handle large units on medium...

Hey LestertheNerd, nice name by the way The point is though WHY it wont work on those settings THX

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Small is for old computers. You still can play the game, you just are missing most demanding features. And those little boats and carts if you have a large empire can cripple even a very fast computer. Thank CA.

Biarchus

That is probly it right there. They asume that sence your computer can't handel the biger unit sizes it can't handle all those little boats. That makes a fair deal of sence to me.

Snizel's Avatar Semisalis

Yes my computer does start to lag when i have a large empire with many trading fleets and carts. Because they are moving this causes the game to lag. If they were static like cities then they would have little impact.

What delra said is true.
    I saw, I bought, I played

It seems CA is not always the incarnation of the devil.
    This feature was actually thought trough I think.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23