Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A call to improve Poland in SS (6.x maybe?) - heavy materials included.

Sanskrit_Bandit's Avatar Wielki Kniaź Wiślański

Default Re: A call to improve Poland in SS 6.0 - heavy materials included.

I was only providing some info for the discussion...
    perhaps thrashing mad would have some interest in any sort of developement

Quote Originally Posted by Nex Addo View Post
    OMG no no no not another ing stupid polish supporters Thread, get it through your head 6.0 IS DONE, if you want it changed learn to mod and do it yourself. Not by sacreficing our eyes to another one of your damn threads.
    Its not that bad just skip over it
    but it would be nice if they were all in one place lol

Akolythos's Avatar Civis

OMG no no no not another ing stupid polish supporters Thread, get it through your head 6.0 IS DONE, if you want it changed learn to mod and do it yourself. Not by sacreficing our eyes to another one of your damn threads.
    SS 6.0 is DONE, you say? Why am I not playing it then?
    Last edited by Akolythos; April 07, 2008 at 10:55 PM. Reason: the better to mock a poor post with, my dear
    Ecumenical Patriarch of the Istvan Appreciation Station

Kingdoms of Heaven! The Crusades as they should
    be!

Quote Originally Posted by polak966 View Post
    I was only providing some info for the discussion...
    perhaps thrashing mad would have some interest in any sort of developement
    Im sorry, this is just like the 6th time in two weeks ive ran into people saying "you have to change the mod" and its ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Akolythos View Post
    SS 6.0 is DONE, you say? Why am I not playing it then?
    KK said it is 99.9% done last week.

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Im sorry, this is just like the 6th time in two weeks ive ran into people saying "you have to change the mod" and its ridiculous.
    No, you are. Take a part in discussion or keep quiet. I'm Polish and I've never played as Poland in MTWII. As some one said :to many "peasant" units. I belive that King Kong can do better historical accuracy than Activision.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystoforos View Post
    No, you are. Take a part in discussion or keep quiet. I'm Polish and I've never played as Poland in MTWII. As some one said :to many "peasant" units. I belive that King Kong can do better historical accuracy than Activision.
    Well the mod is already done and you should respect that.

Something I've found is that some fans of the MTWII generation can be either selfish, or misinformed. They believe that a mod team has obligations to it's fans, rather than the other way around, and believe that their opinions (while valued) carry far more clout than they believe. It's been a real disappointment to have people say "I'm not looking forward to your next release, I'm looking forward to getting to tear up your next release and repackage it as my own".

I'd like to see a revamped Poland. They have some neat looking units in the early era, and it would be nice to see them more than just a lukewarm 'half Hungary half Germany'. However the way to do that is not to make there be felt any obligations or demands. One of the greatest ways to make ears turn deaf is to tell them they must do this.

King Kong doesn't have to do anything if it doesn't fit the vision of his mod. You should urge him to fix Poland, offer ideas on how and how to have it fit within the grand scope of his mod, but shouldn't say he has to do anything. And a big hurdle is unit limitations, and how to get around it. Perhaps by featuring certain Polish units more than one faction would have (Druzhina), or by mentioning a unit in the Polish roster or outside of it which could be redundant, and could be removed to offer Poland a slot or two.

Sadly, when you feature a mod as grand in scope as SS, you probably won't get every single faction having unique units. But you can try and feature a handful that would be unique. See how Poland is in 6.0, and base your recommendations on that.

However now I look back and see you cursed out the Polish Supporters, so I'm not exactly sure they were in the wrong? haven't seen any 'must' yet, either - Think that was only in the PDER forums. I'm not even sure they were being that aggressive in suggesting it to KK. OP says "inspire" rather than 'must'. I should have read through the topic in full, but nothing seems wrong about it.
    Last edited by Ahiga; April 08, 2008 at 01:22 AM.

Icon3 Re: A call to improve Poland in SS 6.0 - heavy materials included.

Polish gentlemans - help yourself. Just make Polish MOD for SS 6.0 and enjoy

I really terrified by Ukranian lands and would like to see more historical cities and units. I'm upset because of Novgorod and Byzantine, but do not force my suggestions so far. Because I know, if my features will appear, some others will disappear, and someone else will be angry. So, this game is result of compromise.

I am not sure they were actually being that aggressive phoenixxe, but I do agree that the best way for them to be satisifed, or for that matter any who are focused on a particular region or faction, is to modify 6.0 to their liking. If one's own personal interest is heavily on Eastern Europe, then Spain or Italy might not need as much in their own personal download of SS.

There's only so much that King Kong could do for Poland within the Grand scope of his Mod, and hopefully they will receive at least a little bit of that attention later.

For this reason this topic have been added- to convince King Kong to improve polish situation in this great mod. It would be proper to change some weak units to more powerful ones. It's not demand and not necessarily in 6.0.

If King Kong would be kind to iprove polish situation we can help him to collect more materials.
    Last edited by Krystoforos; April 08, 2008 at 01:57 AM.

I would be delighted with the propositions that you guys have made to improve poland and the mod itself and i am sure King Kong would also be delighted to see so many people are asking things to be changed because they like the mod, otherwise they would be asking some other mod.

So iam with you in all your propositions

but i think that it is not the time nor the place to be making such suggestions. SS 6 is close to being completed and many people find it annoying that you propose such a thing for SS6. King Kong is already very busy and he doesn't need something more to do that he hadn't planned for.
    King Kong and all of us like hearing the suggestions but sometimes you just go over the top.
    There must be a BALANCE

remember that word balance because the whole world is a balance and it is necessary for the world to run correct for there to continue to be a balance. (this isn't necessarily related to this thread but its good to know how important balance is in the world )

I thank you for contributing but i would ask you to be patient and not post such stuff here again.
    If you wish to propose stuff post it in the suggestion thread. Don't post it on a separate thread since it will annoy some people and will eventually get lost because it isn't stickied. That would be such a waste.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Poqzt's Avatar Ordinarius

Hm, did anyone say it had to be done for SS 6.0? I think this is great call to say the least, because the polish roster really need a revamp... Some guys in here are really overreacting, there's no way a whole new polish roster could make it into 6.0.

Sanskrit_Bandit's Avatar Wielki Kniaź Wiślański

i personally was just providing info for any time in the future, be it for release 7.0 or 8.0

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    The Polish get heavy hussars in 6.0 I believe.
    according to released unit rooster they don't

Default Re: A call to improve Poland in SS (6.x maybe?) - heavy materials included.

ok thats alright but making a new thread instead of putting it on suggestions and having the name of the thread "A call to improve Poland in SS 6.0" also gives the impression that you want improvements now and for SS6, don't you think
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Default Re: A call to improve Poland in SS (6.x maybe?) - heavy materials included.

I think we can all agree on the fact that we all want to see our nations represented as realistic and good as possible.
    I do not believe that Poland got less attention from CA then any other faction.

(In vanilla all factions look alike after all.)
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

(6.x maybe?)
    Even in 7.0

I do not believe that Poland got less attention from CA then any other faction.
    <lol>
    In vanilla all factions look alike after all
    o_O
    Last edited by Krystoforos; April 08, 2008 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by galad View Post
    according to released unit rooster they don't
    According to the official 6.0 preview they do. With a lovely picture and everything.

The unit roster I released is based on the EDU KK gave me at the time, with the caveat that it was close to complete, but not 100%. (As I pointed out in the thread). I'll release an updated version once 6.0 is released. However, I will point out that there are currently 500 units in the EDU (the version I have), meaning that there is no room for new units. Any units added to Poland must be removed elsewhere.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast