Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: EB v1.1 released!

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: EB v1.1 released!

There really shouldn't be any problem with saving v1.1 over v1.0, but we can't be sure that it won't cause problems so we advise you uninstall v1.0. Most likely you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    There really shouldn't be any problem with saving v1.1 over v1.0, but we can't be sure that it won't cause problems so we advise you uninstall v1.0. Most likely you will be fine.

Is there a special way to uninstall it? I waited over an hour trying to and nothing happened, just "Preparing resources for uninstall" or something like that.

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Playing EB for the first time!
    Great mod!!!

I don't know much about modding...
    ...but is there a chance that this superb and detailed mod can run on the graphic machine of MTW2 in the future...??? This would be the greatest thing ever happend on this planet...

...and, is there a possibility to watch battles in slowmotion by using shift or another key-combination...:hmmm:
    ...battle speed appears to be very fast...

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Saught View Post
    Is there a special way to uninstall it? I waited over an hour trying to and nothing happened, just "Preparing resources for uninstall" or something like that.
    No special way. That should have worked.
    If you'd like, you can just manually delete the "EB" folder from your v1.0 install and that should be good enough.

Icon3 Re: EB v1.1 released!

Quote Originally Posted by grafspee View Post
    ...but is there a chance that this superb and detailed mod can run on the graphic machine of MTW2 in the future...??? This would be the greatest thing ever happend on this planet...
    EB for M2:TW is already under construction. Check it out here. However, do not expect a release any time soon. As for your other question, I am afraid that is not possible. Battle speed is already considerably slower than the vanilla game.

To the EB staff,

You guys are awesome! I just wanted to add my thanks for all the hard work you guys do. I've been playing TW games since Shogun was first released. I've played all the releases and their expansions. Since RTW came out I've played at least 20 different mods. EB blows all the others away! The depth is very impressive.
    I'm just about to switch from EB 1.0 to EB 1.1 and I cant wait.
    Keep up the great work.

I also want to add my thanks to the eb team for this great mod!
    In this mod i see all that i wanted from vanilla RTW, the historical accuracy , the bigger map and the depth that the greek factions must have(i am from greece you see...) etc.
    It's an honour to allow as play your marvelous mod!
    Keep up the great work guys!

I would like to say that you guys made the best mod for this game !
    It keeps me playing RTW on and on , and it's even better than new game that comes out today
    I find myself coming back each time to play this masterpiece of yours !

Thumbs up for the team !!

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

Problem! I have looked for some kind of answer but haven't found any here nor over at the org.
    The problem is that when i click the EB icon, the regular RTW starts up instead!

I removed any traces of EB and RTW from my comp, then reinstalled Rome and patched it to 1.3 and then to 1.5. Then i started it up and did the first time play thingy, and finally i installed EB into the Rome folder, where i am pretty sure it should be.

I have removed and reinstalled everything twice now, and still get the same problem. What the hell did i do wrong?

And cheers to the EB team! You rock!

(Didn't want to create a new thread because i'm trying to avoid too much embarrassment xD )
    Last edited by Savage_Swede; April 23, 2008 at 02:11 PM.

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

Two possible answers

1) the eb/data folder doesn't have any files in it.
    2) the shortcut doesn't have the proper commands attached to it. Right-click on it and choose properties. In the target line it should have -show_err -mod:eb at the end of it.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

I want to thank the EB team for making the best mod I've seen on RTW . I hope you even make a better EB for MTW 2.

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Two possible answers

1) the eb/data folder doesn't have any files in it.
    2) the shortcut doesn't have the proper commands attached to it. Right-click on it and choose properties. In the target line it should have -show_err -mod:eb at the end of it.

Foot
    Changing the target line did the trick. Just out of curiosity, what went wrong? Anyways, thanks a bunch Foot!

And thanks again EB team!

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

Sanskrit_Bandit's Avatar Wielki Kniaź Wiślański

dlted
    Last edited by Sanskrit_Bandit; April 24, 2008 at 06:13 PM.

Lethal Jakkson's Avatar Civis

EB (1.1) is amazing yea frist time using this mod its good couse you can't rush it all and be the best straight way brap brap braperton =P

one problem I noticed is I'm deaf to what the advisers telling me is it a simple case of witching Mute Adviser;true to fulse?

cheers and great work yeah saaafe

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Jakkson View Post
    EB (1.1) is amazing yea frist time using this mod its good couse you can't rush it all and be the best straight way brap brap braperton =P

one problem I noticed is I'm deaf to what the advisers telling me is it a simple case of witching Mute Adviser;true to fulse?

cheers and great work yeah saaafe
    The Advisor used to be female, now they have male pictures. It was muted because it would be weird for a male face to pop up with a female voice. Plus, the new EB advisor speaches have no audio.

Lethal Jakkson's Avatar Civis

lol oh yea forgot right cheers

Athel's Avatar Civis

great mod its really 1 of the best i ve seen so far!

Game mods just don't get any better than this- in fact, I can't think of many full priced games in general (over the timespan that I've been playing computer games, a good 15 yrs or so) that come close to providing the gameplay that EB does Just more thanks from me for the continued work of the EB team on 1.1, and of course looking forward to the eventual EB2!

Campidoctor

I am playing a campaign as Carthage and I am wondering as to If the Ptolemies still dominate and are going to become a threat in Africa, Is the yellow fever still a problem in 1.1?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Tobolight View Post
    I am playing a campaign as Carthage and I am wondering as to If the Ptolemies still dominate and are going to become a threat in Africa, Is the yellow fever still a problem in 1.1?
    Yes.