Thread: LFR Western Euro Campaign

Default LFR Western Euro Campaign

*POSITION NOW FILLED*
    (Sorry)

Hello,
    We are looking for a Replacement in our Western Euro Campaign.
    The player has to be dedicated to play his turn on the same day it comes out, exceptions will be allowed but not if you make a habit out of it.
    All Rules and Regulations must be read at the Western European Campaign Thread, you must agree with these rules and post your .sav files in this thread.

The Kingdom that needs to be replaced is Scotland.
    Don't be underwhelmed by the Kingdom, It's very strong. It's already sacked most of England, including London and has even reached Denmark & Norway.
    It is tied with or above all the other major powers of Europe.
    A real Keeper

Any questions please contact me, or post in this thread.
    First come first serve.
    Last edited by TriforceV; April 06, 2008 at 11:44 AM.

Default Re: LFR Western Euro Campaign

I'll take it if it's available.

I don't think the position has been filled yet, but only Triforce will know for sure. Anyway, if you take over Scotland expect a PM from me (France).

I see the campaign is not on autoresolve battles, so I renounce to take over Scotland. Resolving battles on battlefields gives the attacker a huge advantage (I know very well from BC campaign where I won a "Heroic victory" against vastly superior troops in numbers, quality and leadership). I don't want my armies to be waisted by a dum AI.
    You should contact Bornstein as he is eager to play in a Stainless Steel campaign.

Regards!

-Aquila-'s Avatar Campidoctor

Ill play if you still need player. As some of you know im a reliable player (from euro mp game) and I have alwasy said when I will be away.

So if you need a player Ill take over..

Wanting for your reply SJ...

YATS - Quintus Licinius Cato [31], Plebeian Senator

Quote Originally Posted by CiviC View Post
    I see the campaign is not on autoresolve battles, so I renounce to take over Scotland. Resolving battles on battlefields gives the attacker a huge advantage (I know very well from BC campaign where I won a "Heroic victory" against vastly superior troops in numbers, quality and leadership). I don't want my armies to be waisted by a dum AI.
    You should contact Bornstein as he is eager to play in a Stainless Steel campaign.

Regards!
    I dunno, I dont really understand why you would want to play total war without playing the battles.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony210 View Post
    I dunno, I dont really understand why you would want to play total war without playing the battles.
    Because it's not fair to win cheap heroic victories against AI you would never dream against a human player. Because it's not fair that only the attacker being represented by human intelligence, while the defender being represented by AI.

Please don't tell me that the AI is improved or it's on very hard. One of the best AI is in Broken Crescent mod and I still was capable to defeat with half army mostly light troops one and a half army with many heavy troops under the command of a 7 stars general.

Is it fair to play an intelligent campaign, recruit the best troops just to be waisted by a dumb AI on a manual battle with other human player?

Plus with manual battles, the attacker can replay the battle untill it gets the best results, while autoresolve will give you the same outcome each time.

I know what your saying but too me the campaign would just be boring if there were no battles.

For me is boring to fight AI. You can use Single player Custom Battle to play against AI if you want. It's the same.

Doeko's Avatar Miles

Plus with manual battles, the attacker can replay the battle untill it gets the best results, while autoresolve will give you the same outcome each time.
    Actually I Put this to the test and I got an average defeat and a clear victory on the exact same battle. It does give you different results if the odds are pretty tight

Quote Originally Posted by Doeko View Post
    Actually I Put this to the test and I got an average defeat and a clear victory on the exact same battle. It does give you different results if the odds are pretty tight
    Maybe, if the armies are equal the results are different. But you'll not see a vastly superior army defeated by an inferior one.

Maybe, if the armies are equal the results are different. But you'll not see a vastly superior army defeated by an inferior one.
    Actually I have had this happen once or twice while doing a hotseat campaign with some friends on my comp.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

I dunno maybe its just me but I wouldnt want to play a campaign where all the battles were left to chance. Plus your generals almost always get that stupid "severly wounded" trait when you autoresolve.

I play total war for the battles, the campaign is fun as well but they go hand in hand with me.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony210 View Post
    I dunno maybe its just me but I wouldnt want to play a campaign where all the battles were left to chance. Plus your generals almost always get that stupid "severly wounded" trait when you autoresolve.

I play total war for the battles, the campaign is fun as well but they go hand in hand with me.
    Well I'm a veteran warrior and not satisfied with AI. I guess not satisfied with most human players too ...

Dont get me wrong im not satisfied with the AI eather, but total war wouldnt be total war for me without the battles.

As I said, you can play single player battles with AI, or multiplayer battles online or LAN games (you can play even LAN on internet by Hamachi). The whole point for hotseat campaign is to play on campaing map against other intelligent human beings and thus eliminate the unfair advantage of playing against AI. Unfortunately in hotseat you can play battles in multiplayer so the only fair solution is autoresolve.
    Last edited by CiviC; April 12, 2008 at 03:05 AM.