Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.0 Preview

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.0 Preview

Do the Cuman Khanate and Khwarezm Empire get their own custom voices? On that note, do any factions get new/different voices?
    For sure, they will have arabic voices, same as Turks, Egyptians and Moors.

5.1 made me sit and wait and develop until my castles and citied were all on max, then I'd built elite units only and only then I'd start attack other factions. That made it boring in only using a certain type of unit, like feudal knights and skipping units inbetween.
    Hope AI improvement wont allow me to do that anmyore.

(I dont have enough willpower to change tactics on my own )

omg this looks amazing!
    "Far better is it to have a stout heart always and suffer one's share of evils, than to be ever fearing what may happen and never suffer a mischance" Xerxes

omg woot lol

Looks awesome!!!
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Thank you all for the nice words and the appreciation! I hope you will like it...

- Niko's mod: was already included but I decided that I don't really like it. The banners are much too static and unrealistic.
    Wha?
    Not even the new animation?
    Or the way horse fight?

when we can download it?

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by certoipus View Post
    when we can download it?
    never. this release is simply a hoax to create hype without product delivery.

it is the world's 2nd greatest april fool's, after the faked birth and subsequent so-called 'magic tricks' of david blaine.
    my other horse is a space ship

Quote Originally Posted by certoipus View Post
    when we can download it?
    when they finish it, in a week or so (im guessing based on information i've read previously)
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

There are three cities I miss a little bit: Damiette (the big fortress in the nile-delta, where one of the last crusades took place), sevilla (gate to the new world) and cologne, the archbishopric and imperial electorate. Maybe the many Scandinavian cities can be reduced, because scandinavia wasn´t that importend...
    The rest of the map is wonderful.

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicsuicide View Post
    Maybe the many Scandinavian cities can be reduced, because scandinavia wasn´t that importend...
    If you don't know of it, don't speak of it. Thanks.

Scandinavia, Poland, and Lichtenstein should be given more cities.

Quixote's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by shenryyr View Post
    never. this release is simply a hoax to create hype without product delivery.

it is the world's 2nd greatest april fool's, after the faked birth and subsequent so-called 'magic tricks' of david blaine.
    Now that's just mean... you really know how to hurt a gamer nerd's feelings
    One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world was better for this.
    -Don Quixote

Originally Posted by sonicsuicide
    ..because scandinavia wasn´t that importend...
    If you don't know of it, don't speak of it. Thanks. :original:
    haha, not important.. ever heard of vikings..

TheColdTruth's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Douanier View Post
    haha, not important.. ever heard of vikings..
    Whats this thing called a "Viking"...

European population Levels in Medieval Europe, from Josiah C. Russell, "Population in Europe:, in Carlo M. Cipolla, ed., The Fontana Economic History of Europe, Vol. I: The Middle Ages. See http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/pop-in-eur.html

May serve as a useful guide to the "where should the cities be". Or, maybe not. But what the heck - more interesting than endless "I think my country should have more provinces" posts.

I can make no guarantees of the validity of these numbers, of course, and formatting makes it kind of hard to read. Anyway, let the arguing begin!

----

Population Estimates (in millions) at specified times 500-1450

ERA 500 650 1000 1340 1450

Greece/Balkans 5 3 5 6 4.5

Italy 4 2.5 5 10 7.3

Spain/Portugal 4 3.5 7 9 7

Total - South 13 9 17 25 19

France/Low countries 5 3 6 19 12

British Isles 0.5 0.5 2 5 3

Germany/Scandinavia 3.5 2 4 11.5 7.3

Total - West/Central 9 5.5 12 35.5 22.5

Slavia. 5 3

---Russia - - 6 8 6

---Poland/Lithuania - - 2 3 2

Hungary 0.5 0.5 1.5 2 1.5

Total -East 5.5 3.5 9.5 13 9.3
    Last edited by Boyar'sNephew; April 08, 2008 at 07:38 PM.

does anyone know what the ai being used is. is the campaign one of kk's own deseign or is it some one elses, like Lusted's (my current fav). Same for the battle ai, is it just vanilla or is it different to.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    does anyone know what the ai being used is. is the campaign one of kk's own deseign or is it some one elses, like Lusted's (my current fav). Same for the battle ai, is it just vanilla or is it different to.
    It is Lusteds last AI (5.1). I know xeryx is beta testing and helping out with the AI in 6.0. I like both his and Lusteds AI so i'm sure the AI will be the best ever made.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

I have a suggestion. King Baldwin IV's portrait should be an islamic one with a mask kingdom of heaven style

Favorite Goalies

Quote Originally Posted by hekk View Post
    If you don't know of it, don't speak of it. Thanks.
    What do you mean with that?
    By the way, the big time of the vikings was nearly over by the time of the game. High time was from around 800 to 1000, when they reached Vinland. Afterwords they became a nation of christian people like any other one like danmark or sicily. I think they are much too strong in most of the mods. Criticising this should be allowed.
    Last edited by sonicsuicide; April 09, 2008 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdamar View Post
    Scandinavia, Poland, and Lichtenstein should be given more cities.
    No one picked this one up?