Thread: CTD while loading the battlescreen

Default CTD while loading the battlescreen

Hi!
    Please, help me. Playng as Seleucid Empire I have a CTD every time when I'm going to fight the army of Ptolemaic Empire, while the battlescreen is loading. The CTD occures not from the very begining, but after a couple of successful battles without CTDs.

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Default Re: CTD while loading the battlescreen

Have you modded your game by adding a unit or two, or by making units available for other factions?

And are you playing RTRPE vanilla or do you have a mini mod installed on top? If no error message is given(and you have the -show_err command implemented) it looks like a sprites issue.

I have EuroAsia Mod installed. It adds Maurian faction. I have the -show_err command implemented but there is no error message.
    Last edited by templar84; April 05, 2008 at 09:03 AM.

As I`ve said, an error happening every two or three battles without a message is a sprites error and from what I know no such thing has ever been reported for vanilla RTRPE. Probably he missed some sprites in his mini mod.

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

If it's not too much bother, post the Mauryan units that have been added, and post their entries in descr_model_battle.txt. There's probably an entry missing in dmb.

I suppose, it whould be much easier to uninstall the mini mod. However, it is strange that the mini mod that concerns only one faction - the Maurians- affects the sprites of Ptolemaic units. Nevertheless, if it is a sprites issue, I'm going to compare descr_model_battle.txt before and after the mini-mod installation.

Thank You!