Thread: What Factions can recruit from what AoR's?

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Default What Factions can recruit from what AoR's?

Hey guys,

I was just thinking about playing an India-centric Ghaznavid campaign (attempt to ally with Khwarezm and sweep east from Afghanstan), but I realized that I might not be able to use Delhi to pump out well-balanced armies. While of course I could transport my best troops from Ghazni, I just wanted to clarify before I began.

I checked the AoR map and the map included with the Auxilia Project thread, but I realized that while they indicated *where* various AoR zones are, they don't indicate which factions can use them to recruit native units. Could someone help me out here? I actually think this would be an excellent resource for the whole BC community, and it could be included in some of the stickied threads.

Thanks!

Default Re: What Factions can recruit from what AoR's?

I may have a different version than you, but here's what I have for some units:

Ghazni Spears
    Code:
    and hidden_resource khorasan or hidden_resource e_iran or hidden_resource afghan or hidden_resource punjab or hidden_resource sindh
    Daylami Infantry
    Code:
     and hidden_resource khwarezm or hidden_resource w_iran or hidden_resource e_iran or hidden_resource khorasan
    Ghulam heavy Foot archers
    Code:
    hidden_resource khorasan or hidden_resource e_iran or hidden_resource afghan or hidden_resource punjab
    This being the old map of AOR: http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?i...regionsik5.jpg

For now, you'll need to refer to the EDU and check. I think for 1.1 we'll release documentation of unit's regions they can be recruited in. Not sure.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Default Re: What Factions can recruit from what AoR's?

Fantastic, thanks for the quick reply Ahiga!

I'd love to offer my help on documenting unit recruitment regions if it could help save you guys the hassle (since it wouldn't require any modding knowledge, I think I could help ). However, I won't have any time until the summer to really commit. I think I read somewhere that 1.1 will be released pre-summer? Perhaps I could help out in this area for 2.0?