Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [RS 1.5c] Jingle_Bomb's Greek Cities Hoplite mod NOW UPDATED v1.1

Default Re: Jingle_Bomb's Greek Cities Hoplite mod NOW UPDATED v1.1

Oh god, well dude I think your mod doesn't fit well if you bought the game via steam, now my game starts, shows the RS loading screen then go back to desktop.

And as careless as I am, I didn't backed up the original file like you said. Does any1 still have it and could sent it to me please?

« There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it.

A politician who portrays himself as 'caring' and 'sensitive' because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he's willing to try to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't?

And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he'll do good with his own money - if a gun is held to his head.» - P. J. O'Rourke

OH CRAP THATS GOOD

Tesla's Avatar Senator

i actually only want the ability to recruit city hoplites in custom battles, anyone knows how to ?

EDIT: Jingle helped me out
    Last edited by Tesla; June 30, 2009 at 12:42 PM.

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Ah, didn't realise this had been dug up! It's been a while since I released this.

Be advised, this mini mod is waaaaaay out of date, and, while it should work with the current version of RS, I wouldn't advise it until I get a chance to update the files to correspond with the latest version. In fact I might toss in a few extras while I'm at it.

Sweet!

Ive encountered an issue regarding your submod.
    After inserting the file into the data folder and overwriting the original file, when I try to start roma surrectum, the following error message shows up:

Script Error in data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 5292,column 87.
    unrecognised attribute 'mercenery_u' in unit type 'cretan hoplite'

is this submod compatible with version 1.6? and if so, then why isnt it working?.

~Regards RCOG.

rcog: most likely not. not yet, anyway.

Tesla's Avatar Senator

Yeah, best thing to do is to put the original file back, since this was made for RS1.5.

also what are you interested in? the short pikes or the ability to recruit the hoplites in Custom battles?

I rarely play custom battles, Im much more interested in the short pike attribute, since the way the mod is currently for me, the standard hoplites use a macedonian style phalanx (it looks like it) while units such agema hypaspistoon and armoured hoplites use the classical greek phalanx, which is accurate.

I just dont see the point of recruiting more elite classical greek hoplites, when theres a unit of phalangites in the game, with the advantage of better range, its also not accurate imo. (greek city states shouldnt be able to use a macedonian phalanx).
    ~Regards RCOG.

ithinkitsdead's Avatar Semisalis

I am also interested in getting the short pike attribute for the hoplites. It makes more sense to have that for the Greek factions. Is there a simple way to do it for myself, oooor is it a bit complicated?

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

Go to data folder and open edu (export_descr_unit) with notepad search for the unit you want to edit eg "greek hoplite" scroll down and you will see this entry stat_pri_attr spear, spear_bonus_6, short_pike red bolded part is what you need to type in. Remember to make backup of any files you change incase you something goes wrong.

And btw this mod is way out of date so don't use it with 1.6 untill it's updated.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Could you please stat what version of RS 1 this is compatible with in the opening post . Thanks.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Will do, Apple. I'd actually forgotten about this completely until I chanced on this thread just now.

Just to make it clear, this mod is waaaay out of date. Do NOT download it. If anyone is still interested, I can try and make a 1.6a compatible version, though.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Default Re: [RS 1.5c] Jingle_Bomb's Greek Cities Hoplite mod NOW UPDATED v1.1

Thanks.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Default Re: [RS 1.5c] Jingle_Bomb's Greek Cities Hoplite mod NOW UPDATED v1.1

sooooooooo stupied :S

Quote Originally Posted by Jingles View Post
    Will do, Apple. I'd actually forgotten about this completely until I chanced on this thread just now.

Just to make it clear, this mod is waaaay out of date. Do NOT download it. If anyone is still interested, I can try and make a 1.6a compatible version, though.
    Sorry for bumping a four year old post, but I still play RS1 to death and I want this submod quite badly. Do fix please

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123