10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

9 90.00%
  • Abstain

1 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Citizen][FAILED 0:9:1 11.4.08] _Pontifex_ (Patron: Thanatos)

Default [Citizen][FAILED 0:9:1 11.4.08] _Pontifex_ (Patron: Thanatos)

Client: [user]_Pontifex_[/user]
    Members of the CdeC:

I have been a member of this site for approximately two years, but have only seriously started posting in the past few months. Since that time, I have seen that TWC is superior to any other internet site concerning the total war games. The community, of course, is another great aspect of this site. I enjoy the witty quips, diversity, and attitude of my fellow users. I am happy to say that I have not incurred any serious moderator infractions, two notes is all. Listed above are links to four of the threads I created in my time here. I try to create threads that provoke discussion from the other users as I am avidly interested in hearing the opinions of foreign people about a particular topic. I consider myself to be a well rounded poster however. I have helped set some RTW players straight in the RTW forum, and offered advice and help here and there to any I could help. I peruse the game forums and answer any questions I am able to. A typical question about the game that a new player may not understand I answer, for example. I frequent the Thema Devia, Ethos, The Arts, and Q&A as well. I have enjoyed every minute of it. I try to interject some of my own (sometimes ill timed) humor into the forums that users seem to enjoy. All in all my contributions have been through discussion, giving advice, and submitting some essays for writing contests and such ( I actually plan to try to get a poetry contest supported by the Librarians). If I become a Civitate, the rank will only do more to solidify my contributions and secure more contributions from me in the future.

-Pontifex

Patron: [user]Thanatos[/user]
    To the members of the CdeC:

I come before you today to recommend the forum member Pontifex for entry to citizenship. During my time here at TWC,
    I have watched him gain honorable reputation and esteem through well-founded and interesting posts and threads, as well as his helpful
    attitude to the other members of the site.
    Several of his more notable posts and threads can be found here.

Pontifex Papers I
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=152353

Islamic states aiming to undermine the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...39#post2795939

Flogging Molly: Float
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=153233

Pontifex has demonstrated thus far that he is a mature and capable member of the TWC forums, and I have every bit of confidence that he will continue to prove himself as a stellar example of what the honorable position of Citizenship means.

Thank you for your time,

Thanatos
    Наиболее полное истребитель в мире

Default Re: [Citizen] _Pontifex_ (Patron: Thanatos) Closes 11th April 2008

My first thought was a negative one, but I'll read more into his posts.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

He's a relatively nice guy, from what I've seen, but at the moment I'm leaning towards a no.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Trax's Avatar It's a conspiracy!

Way too much pointless posts, spammy type of guy.

I'm going to abstain in this case as he's one of my new recruits.

Trax's Avatar It's a conspiracy!

Why should you abstain because of that? It's bit unfair for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trax View Post
    Why should you abstain because of that? It's bit unfair for him.
    Unfair for him? How so? Besides, if I do vote in this case I'm certainly going to take into account his recent involvement in the library which I don't want to. It should be noted as well that he's not made any great contributions to the same so far, but he does seem to have the potential. As evident, I see myself quite biased in this case. I can't choose either of the basic options.

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

I like him but this app is too early - he has no body of work in the Scriptorium to offset his spam. In his defense however, he is one of only three Librarians to actually read and rank submissions for the writing competition and he started working on the banner links, so the potential is there...

No from me.

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

I'm beginning to develop 6th senses.. I felt that he would come before CdeC as a candidate.Well I actually know Pontifex from his posts.He is basically(and relatively) a good guy,but that arguable attribute is not alone sufficient to be granted citizenship.I'll need some time to make up my mind.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

One-liners and spammy posts with a few bright stones here and there is all I've found when looking through his posts. Like Hotspur's said, maybe in time with more contributing to non-debate parts of the forum like the Scriptorium could give him an edge, but for now, nope.

I am very much against.

Oh, God, after that global warming thread? Citizens are supposed to have an ounce of intelligence, right?

aja5191's Avatar TWC Bearcat

My thoughts of this are dual, because I have certainly seen two sides to the applicant.

Firstly, I would like to note that my first instinct was to say "no" because of his spammy posting style, and the fact that he just irritated me when he first came to the site and started it off with 50- or 60-post days, much like some of our old nemeses. Then my thoughts switched to his insightfulness and wit, to go along with his general good nature and humor.

However, on further reflection and investigation, I would like to vote no on the matter, and my personal hope that he re-apply once he has done some more good for the site (or some at all) from the content side.

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

I like him, but I will say no.

I've lately come to believe that I have not been voting correctly on candidates. I used to be much more of a hard ass and because there have been so many disciplinary actions against citizens, I'm going to be much more difficult to sway to vote yes.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

The posts highlighted to show us his caliber weren't even impressive.

meh i agree
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

I can't say I've been impressed with any of the patrons of what could be called "The House of Scorch." Lucius Julius, ~The Doctor~...Pontifex isn't a bad guy, but he's not even close to being citizen material.
    Son of Simetrical son of Crandar son of Siblesz
    Citizen, Patrician, 3rd Speaker of the House, former CoM

I IP banned 1/6 of Romania and all I got was this lousy sig.
    "A society that puts equality ahead of freedom will end up with neither."
    Manstein's Muscle Thread

But LJ is worthy of citizenship despite of his crazy ways of imposing his beliefs on others. He's generally a good guy. On the other hand, Pontifex and Doc are both rather spammers who simply worked or work (in case of Pontifex) in order to gain a medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaeus View Post
    But LJ is worthy of citizenship despite of his crazy ways of imposing his beliefs on others. He's generally a good guy. On the other hand, Pontifex and Doc are both rather spammers who simply worked or work (in case of Pontifex) in order to gain a medal.
    I can't say I've ever seen a post by LJ that has convinced me he deserves the badge. He hasn't done anything wrong so we can't really take it away from him, but I'm still trying to figure out why I even voted for him in the first place (although methinks he was voted in due to lax CdeC standards, given that "decent enough guy" was a common refrain in his vote thread).
    Last edited by Erich von Manstein; April 09, 2008 at 11:20 AM.
    Son of Simetrical son of Crandar son of Siblesz
    Citizen, Patrician, 3rd Speaker of the House, former CoM

I IP banned 1/6 of Romania and all I got was this lousy sig.
    "A society that puts equality ahead of freedom will end up with neither."
    Manstein's Muscle Thread

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

I've thought long about this but in that case I will have to agree with the rest of the CdeC members.Pontifex's input is either not noticeable or insufficient so I say no.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast