Thread: un-usable captured castles

DrwHem's Avatar Tiro

Default un-usable captured castles

I at first thought this was some sort of feature but now im sure its a bug. I captured Corinth about 100 turns ago when it was a fortress. When i captured it i was unable to train anything there but ballista despite the presence of a barracks, an archery range and some stables. i thought that it would change over time. now corinth is a citadel and i have built the citadel level buildings and i still cannot train any troops there. basically any castle that i capture will never produce units and is ultimately a complete waste of space but i still need a place to retrain local garrisons.

Default Re: un-usable captured castles

Which faction are you playing as?

In SV 2.5, your recruitment is limited to certain ZOR (zones of recruitment). If the conquered province is outside your ZOR, you will be forced to rely on troops shipped in from your homelands, mercs, and the spawned levies.

This system has been augmented for the next release with a Feudal system, where you are basically handing out fiefs (for both towns and castles). This will allow you to recruit the local nobles, levies, and some of your own units at higher levels.

[EDIT]

The levy units available from this building line will have a 0 recruitment time, but the noble will be subject to the normal recruitment times.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; April 04, 2008 at 09:45 AM.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

What SV says. Plus, you can always check the availability of units per building before you contruct it: check the building tree.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

DrwHem's Avatar Tiro

so how exactly do i get corinth to build armored sergeants and crossbows? im playing as Venice Btw. also on another note i brought this up earlier but what triggers the venetian heavy to become available? they start out with leather armor and only upgrade to partial plate but in the 2.0 version you had them restricted entirely until full plate was available.

Quote Originally Posted by DrwHem View Post
    so how exactly do i get corinth to build armored sergeants and crossbows? im playing as Venice Btw. also on another note i brought this up earlier but what triggers the venetian heavy to become available? they start out with leather armor and only upgrade to partial plate but in the 2.0 version you had them restricted entirely until full plate was available.
    I haven't played 2.5 in so long it's hard to recall

But, I think you won't be able to fully retrain the armoured setgeants there. Just upgraded theit armour, etc...

I usually bring in reinforcements and merge them.

As fo the Venetian Heavy Infantry:

recruit_pool "Venetian Heavy Infantry" 1 0.5 3 0 requires factions { venice, } and event_counter timurids_invasion_warn 1 and hidden_resource s_euro

this equates to about 1365'ish.

DV,

I think we should change this to include the Venetian colonies, in addition to s_euro.

[EDIT]

Keep in mind that the next version of SV will have a Feudal (AOR) system, that will allow for more recruitment.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

DrwHem's Avatar Tiro

uggg 165 more years of stupid sergeant swordsmen... i cant take sicily with those bums

Patrician Artifex

As for the above posts i take it you are at 1200 AD now?
    The Venezians weren't that prominent at 1200 AD

Serious, the Venezians are better played with the Late era campaign.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

DrwHem's Avatar Tiro

yea but they are surrounded by claimed territory and i dont want to start a war with spear militia as my main force lol. i might just wait until the next version comes out. i cant conquer the world if my territory in the middle east is relying on reinforcements from italy.

yea but they are surrounded by claimed territory and i dont want to start a war with spear militia as my main force lol. i might just wait until the next version comes out. i cant conquer the world if my territory in the middle east is relying on reinforcements from italy.
    You could make Venetian units recruitable in Crete and Negroponte by doing the following:

open descr_regions.txt
    add resource s_euro to the Crete and Negroponte provinces
    delete map.rwm

Continue your campaign.

This will allow you to recruit all your Venetian units.

I would stick to Crete and Negroponte, to keep it historical. You can you them as the bridgehead in the Aegean

DrwHem's Avatar Tiro

Maybe you should have a mode set up so that you gradually expand your influence when you occupy territories. at least that kind of make sense cause you cant occupy a territory for 100 years and not spread your culture. plus it would let more people conquer the world with other factions.
    also i just realized that the early campaign ends in 1222. does this mean that my game is over then? will none of the later events happen?
    Last edited by DrwHem; April 08, 2008 at 05:00 PM.

Patrician Artifex

plus it would let more people conquer the world with other factions.
    Our mod is not made to conquer the world, we have provided halfway historical win conditions (at least for the player).
    Our project is not a victory design along with the typical "total war" frame, in the sense of the word.
    Our project shall give the player the option to get an immersion for the medieval world and atmosphere incl. their goals and possibilities, as far as it is providable with a modification like this.
    (And, as SV already said, the ZoR/AoR design is heavily changed with the next release).

also i just realized that the early campaign ends in 1222. does this mean that my game is over then? will none of the later events happen?
    Good question. I believe nobody of our testers ever played that long, but i believe you'll get a question if you want play further or not, but the game will end, if you have not achieved the win conditions at the turn/year of 1222 AD with an according message.
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 08, 2008 at 05:14 PM.

Maybe you should have a mode set up so that you gradually expand your influence when you occupy territories. at least that kind of make sense cause you cant occupy a territory for 100 years and not spread your culture. plus it would let more people conquer the world with other factions.
    I think you will find what you are looking for in the new Feudal system in the next release

You basically get access to more units as the level of Feudalization increases in the conquered provinces.

Basic overview of Feudalization building line:

Western European:
    Encastellation - Spread of private castle in the province.
    Peasant Freehold - Recruit levies (0 turn recruitment).
    Seigneurial Estates - Levies and local variety of Nobles.
    Baronial Estates - As above, plus more Feudal units.
    Comital Estates - As above, but even more.

Middle Eastern:
    Encastellation
    Peasant Freehold
    Iqta al-'ijarah
    Iqta al-Istiglal
    Iqta al-Tamlik

Eastern European:
    Encastellation
    Peasant Freehold
    Pomestie Grants
    Pomestie Estates
    Votchina Estates

Greek:
    Encastellation
    Peasant Freehold
    Pronoia Grants
    Pronoia Estates
    Dynatoi Estates

Now that I think about it, we should add recruitable generals to the highest level...