Thread: Barons Alliance v4.0(Released May 20, 2008)

S.P.Q.R. Praetorian's Avatar Vicarius

Icon7 Barons Alliance v4.0(Released May 20, 2008)

I was finally able to figure out the battlefield CTD. It appeared to be the descr_formations_ai and the descr_formations. It took me a long time to figure this out as I had played dozens of battles with no problems, until I reinstalled my computer. To fix the battle CTD you will need to delete these files which can be found in your SEGA folder in /mods/--------/data/

Discussion about the mod can be found here.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=156250

Important: This mod was made using the Kingdoms 1.5 patch. I would think that it works with version 1.4 but if you notice bugs, it is probably because it has not been patched to 1.5.

Attention: New version 4.0 Barons Alliance Mod has new how to work instructions. Please read notes.

I apologize for the battle CTD that was released with the BA mod 3.0. It has now been fixed.

I bring to you a mod that allows the Barons Alliance faction to be played in the Britannia Campaign. The Barons Alliance starts with the city York with two armys. I have updated this recently because it was much easier before to play the Barons Alliance, and steam roll the factions. Now it is much harder for Barons Alliance players and the campaign is much more balanced. Keep an eye out as I will be updating as things go along to make it better.

Unfortunatley, I wasn't able to get the campaign general and captain textures working, without a CTD because of a so called lack of video RAM, so I may release these models later. I know they work because they work for another mod but I can't get it to work right now.

Comments are appreciated.

As I am working on making another mod, version 4.0 will be the last one I make for a while.

This mod has many changes from the vanilla campaign including:

Here are some pictures:

The all new formations.

The archers are stationed behind the lines with the general to protect them from harm.

Cavalry deploy to the sides of the lines along with spearmen, to hold the flanks.

A pictures of the heavy marshes of Ireland.

A picture of the new strat map siege equipment model.

A picture of the new splash screen titled with the Olde English Blackletter font.

Version 1.0 released April 2, 2008
    Being able to use Mounted Longbowmen in custom battles.
    Saxons and Normans can be played in custom battles.
    Character movement points greatly improved to a proper real life setting.
    Resources are worth slightly more.
    Script has been changed to accomidate the Barons Alliance.
    Version 2.0 released May 15, 2008
    Slightly increased Norways, Wales, Scotland, and Norways kings purse.
    Decreased Englands starting florins and kings purse.
    Greatly decreased Barons Alliance starting florins, and moderate decrease in kings purse.
    Changed the starting positions of the Barons Alliance armys.
    Character movement points decreased slightly
    Added Charge's MapMod: Trees, Textures, Sea v1.0
    Hotfix for version 2.0 released May 16, 2008
    Removed palm trees from campaign.
    Version 3.0 released May 17, 2008
    Script changes.
    Using some files from the Stainless Steel Total Combat mod including:
    New formations.
    Improved Animations.
    New Campaign AI
    Factions are now slightly tougher to completely kill when they are in last stand.
    Soldiers now have a faster attack to make for quick and brutal fights.
    New battle animations
    Version 4.0 released May 20, 2008
    New settlement models.
    New strat map siege model.
    New loading Screen.
    Dismounted Feudal Knights can now be created after a citadel is built.
    Recruitment times for most units have been slightly decreased.
    The AI now has a slight increase in money to balance out the shorter recruitment times.
    Longbowmen and Yeomen archers have been rebalanced.
    New blood textures.
    Game breaking CTD is now fixed, as the battles no longer crash, due to invalid battle_config files.
    Thanks to:
    Charge, for his great map texture mod
    Chimaeira for his SSTC files.
    Lusted for his Campaign AI mod
    King Kong for letting me use some new campaign models.
    burrek for his Blood and Dirt mod.

How to work instructions

You will need to use the @baronsalliancemod.cfg line as I have now made it it's own configuration file. You MUST use that line if you want to use the new battle animations.
    version4.0
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1980

Enjoy!
    Last edited by S.P.Q.R. Praetorian; December 28, 2008 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Added new version

Default Re: Barons Alliance

Yeah! that's good idea

What is the point of playable Barons, if they are exact clone of England? Also mounted longbowmen… I think even rocket elephants are more ‘historical correct’. In my opinion it is better to have barons as they were, because they bring the element of surprise in Britannia Campaign. Making them present right from the beginning kills that great feature of BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian_Noble View Post
    What is the point of playable Barons, if they are exact clone of England? Also mounted longbowmen… I think even rocket elephants are more ‘historical correct’. In my opinion it is better to have barons as they were, because they bring the element of surprise in Britannia Campaign. Making them present right from the beginning kills that great feature of BC.
    Both cannon elephants and mounted archers are phoney, but still fun to use.

I made this mod for the people who requested it. I personally like BA better than England, for some reason.

Also, I made this from the view of about the time the Magna Carta was signed. After being taxed and forced to do things they didnt want by the King the barons revolted. There were so many Barons, that the kings soldiers would have benn completely overwhelmed in battle.

Added download link 5-15-2008

Juffry's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.Q.R. Praetorian View Post
    Both cannon elephants and mounted archers are phoney, but still fun to use.

I made this mod for the people who requested it. I personally like BA better than England, for some reason.

Also, I made this from the view of about the time the Magna Carta was signed. After being taxed and forced to do things they didnt want by the King the barons revolted. There were so many Barons, that the kings soldiers would have benn completely overwhelmed in battle.
    Ummmm historically wouldn't they be an exact clone of England since they were English?? Also everynody always wants to play as the unplayable faction for example Romano British in Rome total war Mongolians in both medieval total wars etc. At the least it can stretch the campaign out a little and the re-play value having another faction from the start instead of them starting behind everybody else. I think a few new units for eyecandy would be nice though, maybe some units from a sympathetic faction or 2? Sounds cool otherwise

I released version 2 a few minutes ago. It is at the TWC download link. It has the changelog

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Is there something in common with this mod :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1944

The mod should better be in Kingdoms mod thread ?

Good Stuff SPQR

Quote Originally Posted by sinople View Post
    Is there something in common with this mod :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1944

The mod should better be in Kingdoms mod thread ?

Good Stuff SPQR
    Uhhhhh Ohhhh..... Why did I suspect there was already a mod for this?

Too late. I will improve it as I go along. Right now I am requesting permission to use SS 6 strat map model, as they look awesome. I hate the plate armor models. UUgggly.

And thanks for the compliment. Suggestions on what needs to be improved are always welcome.

Edit: Also, I dont think this could go into it's own forum because it is still a small mod at the moment.

Anyways, I may add more units if I can edit models.db without crashing my comp What sucks is that it hard locks, and I have to take battery out to shut down. I thought for every body else it just crashed. I am also going to add a faction description to the Baron Alliance in version 3 hopefully. Maybe it will be out in next 2 weeks.

Another edit: Found out my mod of this released 12 days earlier than his, so no they are not related.
    Last edited by S.P.Q.R. Praetorian; May 16, 2008 at 12:11 PM.

Default Re: Barons Alliance v3.0(Released May 17, 2008)

Added version 3.0. May 17, 2008.

Default Re: Barons Alliance v4.0(Released May 20, 2008)

Uploaded version 4.0 May 20, 2008.

Hi!

Thanks for the mod, its perfect except the battles don't work for me. I can click manage battle personally and I can rearrange troops. But when I click start battle, the computer makes a beep and the screen goes black. Other mods and game itself work normally. Is there a hint to make it work?
    Thanks in advance.

very nice minimod

Looks good, Downloading it now

This mod uses Kingdom Britannia campaign map?

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Uhm.. How do I use this mod? Where am I supposed to install it to? And after that what? It looks good and I really want to try it, do please help
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

How's the mod going on ?

Unfortunatley, I wasn't able to get the campaign general and captain textures working, without a CTD because of a so called lack of video RAM, so I may release these models later. I know they work because they work for another mod but I can't get it to work right now.
    This error is due to a bad entry in the descr_model_strat