Thread: patronship

Dimitricus has asked if would care to be his patron, and i've agreed, but the rules regarding civitate ship seem to be somewhat confusing....

what does dimitricus actually need to do to become a civitate?
    the syntagma mentions some kind of written statement, and GENERAL_MAXIMUS has said he;s had to wait for 2 months...

GENERAL_MAXIMUS's problem is a bit different... Trance Crusader had two wait 2 months to strart patronizing people, as all new civitates do, so effectively, GENERAL MAXIMUS had to wait two months for Trance crusader to become fully legal under the system, which in a couple of weeks (2 to 3) will be so, so that he could become a civitate.

As for the patron system, I'm surprised that you of all people don't know how it functions. Here's how it works:

A member is asked by a patron if he/she wants to become a civitate. If the member accepts, then that member has to write a paragraph about why he thinks he's good enough to become a civitate, and what the duties of a civitate are... then, the patron has to send that paragraph to a staff member. The staff member then holds a vote in the staff section (which is hidden) and all of the staff vote together on that single member, judging him by his posts and his paragraph. When the member that is requesting civitateship gains 6 positive votes for him, he will become a civitate. If the staff is undecided or against the addition of this new civitate, then the process is nullified, and the member has to wait one more month to ask for a new vote to be held on his admission. If this is the case, the whole process is restarted from the buttom up.
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

all that stuff about patrcians confused the whole issue.

btw... i seem to recall a massive fuss about the urbanis sometime back, and a vote, that was passed, but doesn't appear to have been implemented

Originally posted by the Black Prince@Jan 21 2005, 06:43 PM
    all that stuff about patrcians confused the whole issue.
    patricians are a symbol.... they no longer even exist.

btw... i seem to recall a massive fuss about the urbanis sometime back, and a vote, that was passed, but doesn't appear to have been implemented
    Mr. boris needs to start getting his ****** up and do some of his work! :p I don't deal with the curia... but if boris is absent, then I'm afraid i'll have to do his work for him...

It's more like a week now Sib, stop trying to rob poor Maxim of his Civaship (:
    qoting me:
    which in a couple of weeks (2 to 3) will be so, so that he could become a civitate.
    I only added two weeks to your sentence... stop pressuring me. *goes to the corner and starts crying* :p

Member of S.I.N.

MareNostrum's Avatar Wanted: Dead or Alive
    The Netherlands. For those white trailer trash who dont know: Its a small country in Europe.

Siblesz..
    Under pressure.................dum dum da da dum dum.....Under pressure............ :p

TBP.. (sorry uhum tBP)

dont forget to tell your slaves that sometimes they will have to vote for things..
    I was quite amazed that such a left-wing ultra liberal member as Rush Limbo...did not even know anything about the Curia and the occasional voting... (as long as your playboys at least give an abstain vote in the next vote..than they do 50% of their civitates duty... the other 50% ofcourse is pleasing their patron by all means possible..)

To all..
    I want to patronize as well...but mm how do I find out when I actually became a civitate...in order to avoid that 2 months issue...it was somewhere in November or December.. lol ..when finally the money got transferred
    to Sibs Swiss bank account..but the exact date?

I don't deal with the curia... but if boris is absent, then I'm afraid i'll have to do his work for him...
    To Boris...
    Vultures are circling above the curia................defend your territorium.. :

Proud Patron of: Antea, Archer, Banzai Kamikaze, Dromikaites, Ldvs
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

Necrobrit's Avatar Urbanis Legio

Originally posted by MareNostrum@Jan 21 2005, 07:32 PM
    To all..
    I want to patronize as well...but mm how do I find out when I actually became a civitate...in order to avoid that 2 months issue...it was somewhere in November or December.. lol ..when finally the money got transferred
    Ahhh, just take a wild stab at it. The staff won't notice even if your off by a month (or two).

.... I doubt they would anyway....

The Imperial House Of The Wolf
    Son of WBK/Anagennese.
    The second generation of The Imperial Household: Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion, Kagemusha, Muizer, Battle Knight and Asterix
    Father of Zuwxiv, Borsook, PyrrhusIV, and Aristocrat formerly bestowing patronage upon Omnipotent-Q

You're well past the 2 month limit.

Member of S.I.N.